ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Nicole!!
Fenway Park, Boston - August 21, 2005
Thanks Nicole!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Down In The Hole Return to archive
August 22nd, 2005 04:17 AM
exile I diont know what it is about the Stones back catalogue
but you can listen to a tune for years with no great response before "all of a sudden" you suddenly love this paticular song more than anything.

This happened to me today, 'Down in the Hole' from emotional rescue.

I have listened to the album countless times and all of a sudden this one obscure track is on heavy rotation.

Anyway a great bluesy number with great lyrics.

August 22nd, 2005 04:19 AM
beer I think that song is great. Same with Keith's end to that album, "All About You".

-
August 22nd, 2005 04:44 AM
pdog YUP!
DIH is the best track on ER. Keiths closer is a close second!
August 22nd, 2005 10:24 AM
corgi37 Yeah, i agree too. Those 2 songs are the stand outs. I have never really liked ER. For so many reasons, i wont go into.

Even She's so cold is only average, IMO. It ends on a very bad wimper. Lamest solo ever! But, Charlie's cymbals are mystifying. It was the first time ever heard cymbals like that, i even thought they were "electric"! Hey, i was young, dumb & full of cum.

Now i know they are "China" crashes. I think.
August 22nd, 2005 10:28 AM
egon corg.

australia is on. will we do a meet & great?
August 22nd, 2005 10:43 AM
exile are you coming out to OZ egon?
August 22nd, 2005 11:19 AM
glencar Let Me Go & Summer Romance are the best. ER itself is a great fun song but I don't take it too seriously. Love that bass though.
August 22nd, 2005 12:36 PM
ListenToTheLion Down In The Hole and Dance are the best tracks on ER for me...
August 22nd, 2005 12:42 PM
egon
quote:
exile wrote:
are you coming out to OZ egon?

ooooooh yes. 29 october/21 november

sydney, melbourne & everything in between (sort of)
August 22nd, 2005 01:18 PM
texile olve the album - it was the first NEW stones album i got......so its special;
down in the hole is one of jagger's best original blues songs - those lyrics cut like a knife....like fucked-up love.
August 22nd, 2005 02:01 PM
the good There is some blistering lead guitar on summer romance. Woody at his best. I agree about down in the hole. Its one of my favorite Stones tunes. I always thought ER was a much stronger album than its given credit for, but because its sandwiched between two classics, it often gets overlooked.
August 22nd, 2005 02:33 PM
texile I always thought ER was a much stronger album than its given credit for, but because its sandwiched between two classics, it often gets overlooked.
[/quote]

i agree - it's an underdog.....and i always though of it as the fallout/extension of some girls; love the solo on let me go.......ER is the last single that non-fans loved.
August 22nd, 2005 07:23 PM
Soldatti Best song on ER.
I love the tune.
August 22nd, 2005 07:50 PM
texile ER, the song, is an underrated classic - i love how jagger's voice drops from a falsetto to full voice and he's never sounded sexier......
August 22nd, 2005 07:54 PM
lotsajizz Summer Romance
August 22nd, 2005 08:51 PM
ResidentMule Emotional Rescue's really grown on me this summer since I've finally given it a chance. obviously a big drop from Some Girls, but I really like just about anything on there except the turn Where the Boys Go takes at the end. She's So Cold gets old pretty fast too. also I take the Still Life version of Let Me Go over the original, but a good song
[Edited by ResidentMule]
August 22nd, 2005 08:53 PM
exile
quote:
egon wrote:
oooooh yes. 29 october/21 november
sydney, melbourne & everything in between (sort of)

Well Egon if your in Sydney and you want to go for a beer drop me an email.

And yes ER as a funny album as it is sandwitched between two classics, I must say I always loved Dance and Shes So Cold, Shes so cold video is always great.

DITH has just become my new favourite though.
[Edited by exile]
August 22nd, 2005 11:06 PM
the good The best part of DITH comes in the very beginning, when charlie kicks in the bass drum. You feel like you get punched in the stomach.
August 23rd, 2005 05:44 AM
egon
quote:
exile wrote:

Well Egon if your in Sydney and you want to go for a beer drop me an email.

Sounds like a funky idea!
August 23rd, 2005 07:54 AM
exile Yeah drop me an email when you get into town.
I owe you a heineken or two for the all the CDrs full of stones outakes you sent me.

Cheers
August 23rd, 2005 09:03 AM
egon ha!

i'll let you know in due course. still 2.5 months (of work) to go....
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)