ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Nicole!!
Fenway Park, Boston - August 21, 2005
Thanks Nicole!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Streets of Love rulezzzzz Return to archive Page: 1 2
August 21st, 2005 01:21 PM
JaggerLips I freaking love Streets of Love and I don't mind saying that!
August 21st, 2005 02:04 PM
texile
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:

you're a chick ?

i love fool to cry

yeah, but my writing hand seems to suggest a testosterone-laden pen.......for reasons i haven't discovered yet.

fool to cry is a soulful masterpiece;
August 21st, 2005 02:07 PM
blackandblue
quote:
texile wrote:

fool to cry is a soulful masterpiece;

Yep, one of their best ballads.
August 21st, 2005 02:24 PM
texile and why IS that? i mean - can we get to the difference between something like SOL and FTC?
someone explain it .......because that would explain one sucks and the other doesn't.........
August 21st, 2005 02:36 PM
blackandblue
quote:
texile wrote:
and why IS that? i mean - can we get to the difference between something like SOL and FTC?
someone explain it .......because that would explain one sucks and the other doesn't.........

You can't explain it. It is a feeling!
August 21st, 2005 02:40 PM
The Wick
quote:
texile wrote:
and why IS that? i mean - can we get to the difference between something like SOL and FTC?

Matt Clifford. If he had been born earlier and had been around when Black and Blue came out, we would have been treated to some keyboard mastery and a lame pathetic attempt to sound current.
August 21st, 2005 03:03 PM
Soldatti The song growed on me, for a throwaway ballad is ok.
August 21st, 2005 03:37 PM
T&A i'd like to think that real Stones fans who say they like this song are just being "good soldiers" and being brave. I'd really like to - because the alternative is too difficult to contemplate. Please tell me you're just being a good solider....
[Edited by T&A]
August 21st, 2005 04:29 PM
texile yeah, like a nazi......
i'm a soldier to the flame.

that's it b&b - it's a feeling - and i shudder at the mention of clifford's tinkling clonkers .......

wasn't this nicky hopkin's swan song for the stones?
August 22nd, 2005 02:22 AM
Bloozehound
quote:
texile wrote:

FTC is a beautiful gem from the golden era, its great on numerous levels..

SOL isn't great on any level, it's nothing but pure modern day Stones crap, thru and thru

Why even contemplate comparing the two, if we're going to waste time on ridiculous comparisons lets compare something a little more tangible like the hokey pokey vs Wagner's "Ride of the Valkeries", or Kermit the Frogs "rainbow connection" vs the Chipmunk christmas album
[Edited by Bloozehound]
August 22nd, 2005 03:28 AM
pdog
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

Speak for yourself...I ain't no liberal. Libertarian--do you know the difference? I doubt it.

Me too...
Libertarians rule! Republicans were once Libs too!
Anyone calls me a Lib, better realize there are two kinds, and hopefully be smart enough to understand the difference.
August 22nd, 2005 09:45 AM
The Wick pdog, I remember a few days ago you going off at someone for interfering in some argument you were having. The hypocrisy now is quite stunning. I know perfectly well what the difference is but I just made a reasonable assumption considering what was initially said. Practice what you preach.
August 22nd, 2005 09:53 AM
egon better than don't stop

not that that means anything.
August 22nd, 2005 01:33 PM
texile right bloozehound - FTC is great on so many levels......it's a complete performance;
my theory is the more personal a song is, the less words it has - because raw emotions don't come out in perfect verse form (unless your springsteen - and mick ain't)
they just come in fragments and that's why jagger's phrasing was always so different than anyone else.....
the downfall began when the stones started printing thier lyrics on the sleeve - jagger became more AWARE of the word count.............and it felt more forced.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)