ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

© 1972 Dominique Tarlé
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Alternative Beggars ?? Return to archive
August 17th, 2004 08:27 PM
DJAsh A couple of years ago I saw an "alternative version" of Beggars Banquet CD for sale in a record shop. It had different artwork to either the RSVP or toilet wall covers. There was also a mono CD 0f the album , in the RSVP sleeve and on Decca. Can anyone please enlighten me on theses two discs ?
August 17th, 2004 09:55 PM
Soldatti I saw a different BB too but I don't remember the tracklisting. Stuck Out All Alone was on it for example.
August 18th, 2004 07:25 AM
CotchfordCat They're bootlegs. I believe they originate from Italy.
The 'Beggars Banquet' one consists of all the available out-takes of the tracks on the finished cut which most resemble the released versions. (With the exception, I think, of 'No Expectations', which is the rare, alternative mono mix used as the US b-side to 'Street Fighting Man')
The company which issues these turns out a very professional product, and I believe they have also issued 'Goats Head Soup Reheated' (a '30th anniversary edition in 2003), a two-disc edition of 'Metarmophosis' and a nice little CD of the ultra-rare 1969 'promotional' album; all of which one must inspect very closely to see that they are not official releases. (With the exception, of course, of the Promotional Album, which was never a CD.)