ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

© 1972 Dominique Tarlé
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 1972 Tour T-Shirt Return to archive
August 14th, 2004 04:42 PM
nankerphelge I have seen this shirt on the Stones official site and in stores -- but I have never actually seen a tour shirt from 1972, and I wonder if they even had such merchandise at the time. I know they had '75s -- but did anyone here ever have a real-deal '72??

Just curious....
August 16th, 2004 02:28 PM
jb I've seen it as well..very simple and plain t-shirt if I recall. I would pay big money(150-375) for an original.
[Edited by jb]
August 16th, 2004 02:48 PM
Joey I've seen it as well..very simple and plan t-shirt if I recall. I would pay enormous sums of money (250-475) for an original.

Word !
August 16th, 2004 03:09 PM
glencar They had concert T's back then but I only know what I read in my history books.
August 16th, 2004 03:11 PM
Bloozehound I've seen it as well..very simple and plan t-shirt if I recall. I would pay enormous sums of money (553-789) for an original.
August 16th, 2004 10:10 PM
gypsy Not that this helps you, nanky...but while on vacation, I bought one of the 'new' '72 T's...it was a "2 for $20" sale. I like the simple look to it. I had seen it in quite a few magazines lately...worn by celebs...but have no idea if the celebs are donning originals.
I shall research this, nanky...but I am surprised you haven't already, as you are our own RO Howard Carter.
August 16th, 2004 11:05 PM
Steel Wheels I have the mail order Metamorphosis tee shirt and the very first wagging tongue shirt.
August 17th, 2004 12:13 PM
headshrinker where r the new 72 tshirts availible???
August 17th, 2004 02:10 PM
Stones Fan, Gar J.C. Penny's, in the States anyway. Picked one up, same 2 for $20 offer.
August 17th, 2004 02:11 PM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:
I shall research this, nanky...but I am surprised you haven't already, as you are our own RO Howard Carter.

Gyps ..............what are you plans for I srael this evening ?

Developing ...................................

Jacky !
[Edited by Joey]
August 17th, 2004 02:15 PM
jb It's rather simple....but an original is worth enormous amounts of money(10k-25k).
August 17th, 2004 02:16 PM
Joey It's rather simple....but an original is worth enormous amounts of money (35k-75k).
August 17th, 2004 02:20 PM
jb Joey, what does it mean to "corndog" someone?
August 17th, 2004 02:22 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Joey, what does it mean to "corndog" someone?

THIS :

August 17th, 2004 02:28 PM
jb You are a Prince of a man!!! Max must be spinning in his garage!!!!
August 17th, 2004 02:32 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
You are a Prince of a man!!! Max must be spinning in his garage!!!!

The MaxLugar is currently searching for other avenues that simply MUST be found !

J . Fly !
August 17th, 2004 02:58 PM
Some Guy I went to jc penney the other day to score one of them shirts. I asked the lady at the counter where are the Stones shirts, you know the one with the lips and tongue. She looked at me like:
<<<<<<<<<< blank friggin dazed and confused stare>>>>>>>>>
so I continued to look around, still no luck. So I went up to another lady at a seperate counter and asked her the same question, you know what she did?
<<<<<<<<<< blank friggin dazed and confused stare>>>>>>>>>
August 17th, 2004 03:30 PM
beer

August 18th, 2004 06:17 AM
headshrinker n e 1 no if they're availible online
August 18th, 2004 12:19 PM
Stones Fan, Gar Check out The Buckle. It is a clothing chain that carries the shirt, in several colors.( I have the basic black) I think they do online sales as well. Sometimes, they even have different style Stones shirts.
[Edited by Stones Fan, Gar]
[Edited by Stones Fan, Gar]