ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

© 1972 Dominique Tarlé
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Voodoo Lounge Souvenir Video (Giants Stadium) Return to archive
August 14th, 2004 11:11 AM
Snappy McJack Hey there.

I'm sittin' here, stuck with this video that I can't even watch. I don't have a player that can play VHS/PAL tapes, so basically this thing is just sittin' around, doin' nothin'. Someone I know bought it off eBay, and knowing that I like the Stones, got it for me. Unfortunately, the above reasons won't allow me to enjoy it.

If anyone is interested in trading for it or buying it off of me for a measly amount, gimme a PM.

Here's the description of it:

THE ROLLING STONES VOODOO LOUNGE 94/95 GIANTS STADIUM NEW JERSEY VHS/PAL VIDEO

Original 1994 Promotour Productions VHS/PAL video The Rolling Stones Voodoo Lounge Tour 94/95 Official Souvenir Video, this video features the band live in concert at Giants Stadium in New Jersey during the US leg of the Voodoo Lounge Tour. To the best of my knowledge it was only sold at certain dates later on in the tour and was not available in shops, this copy was purchased at one of their London dates. Video is in excellent condition with just a couple of split second sound drops and comes in a card slipcase.

>> Please note standard North American VCR's are VHS/NTSC, this is a VHS/PAL video <<

>> i.e it will only play on a VCR that is VHS/PAL compatible, please check before bidding <<

August 14th, 2004 02:22 PM
glencar I believe I have that video. I ordered it from a 1-800 number during the tour. I can possibly transfer mine to DVD via my computer. I'll let you know & send you a copy.
August 14th, 2004 02:34 PM
ResidentMule i'd be interested in a copy on dvd if it becomes possible. vhs would be better than nothing
August 14th, 2004 06:04 PM
luxury1 does anyone know which night/date this was? They did a few shows there that tour.
August 14th, 2004 07:18 PM
crb69 I believe it was on a Sunday night, 8-15-94. I was lucky to see the opener there on Friday beforehand when the first Woodstock anniversary opened. Stones at their best that tour. It rained the night of the video shoot. Good version of Sparks Will Fly...
August 15th, 2004 01:00 AM
JaggaRichards
quote:
crb69 wrote:
I believe it was on a Sunday night, 8-15-94. I was lucky to see the opener there on Friday beforehand when the first Woodstock anniversary opened. Stones at their best that tour. It rained the night of the video shoot. Good version of Sparks Will Fly...

Yes it was the Sunday 8/15 show.
I was there!!
BTW, a great DVD boot of this tape is circulating.
August 15th, 2004 06:43 AM
luxury1 Thanks, folks!!
NOw I just have to try to remember which night I was there. It was also raining like mad. The Counting Crowes were whining about it, and then the Stones came on and kicked their wimpy asses, loving every minute of it.
August 16th, 2004 01:42 AM
corgi37 I got the video too when they came to my fair city. Biggest surprise was no Sympathy!!!

Monkey Man was good though.
August 16th, 2004 05:13 AM
Jumping Jack Look for the Jointrip version:

94 New Jersey 8/14 “Official Tour Video” Jointrip version Pro Shot (1 DVD) A+
August 16th, 2004 07:34 AM
JaggaRichards
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
I got the video too when they came to my fair city. Biggest surprise was no Sympathy!!!

It wasn't the whole show. Only a condensed 90-minute version.
August 16th, 2004 12:05 PM
Gazza True, but it wasnt even played on the show in question.

they didnt debut Sympathy on that tour until mid-October in Las Vegas
August 16th, 2004 04:03 PM
Dan I bought this video in Las Vegas a few days before they played the MGM. Me and my cousin were in town and at the MGM they were already selling Stones swag at the MGM souvenier shops. We even wandered around the arena where they were already starting to set up and even wandered backstage where all the dressing rooms were already labeled.

I wasnt going to see the Stones for another week at the Rose Bowl and wanted to be surprised by the setlist but still watched the video with no sound while listening to Stones CDs.
August 16th, 2004 06:24 PM
cwatts0462 seems like a wasted dvd from jointrip
its an official video anyway and not complete
now if they would have found the whole show
that would be worth it
August 16th, 2004 08:26 PM
glencar It's been a while since I watched it but I remember the video's beginning featured a blue collar couple getting ready to make the show. Cheesy.
August 17th, 2004 12:26 AM
corgi37 Yeah, some roadie picked up a typcial blonde groupie skank type chick, mainly saying he was the main roadie. So, a little bit of "haw-haw" lame comedy, and it ends up the guys job is to press a button, then sleep.

But, i have a question. I knew sympathy wasnt debuted until later on in the tour. So, riddle me this people;

What song did the puppets come out for?

They are noticed during Monkey Man, but not featured (sort of like its being kept as a secret).

Oh, and 1 more thing i gotta say.

The start of that tour was simply sensational. The lights racing up the snake, the flame spitting out the top and then the two "eyes" zooming around. Then, Charlies great beat, and of course, the flares.

Fantastic opening. Just brilliant. So effective. Here in Melb, they had the whole of the members stand (now being rebuilt for 2006 Commonwealth Games) at the MCG lit up by flares.

So, anyway, what song at the start of VL featured the puppets, if it wasnt Sympathy?
August 17th, 2004 12:40 PM
Dan
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
So, anyway, what song at the start of VL featured the puppets, if it wasnt Sympathy?

Love Is Strong. It got moved to earlier in the set when Sympathy was added.
August 17th, 2004 10:35 PM
corgi37 Wow!! Knock me down with a feather. Loves is Strong got the puppets! Unreal. Oh, and 1 more thing. Here in Melb (and i guess most other places) the puppets came out for Sympathy, stayed for Monkey Man (which for some reason is always shit live) and then began to "dance" for Street Fighting Man. I recall turning to one of my mates and saying "I cant believe what i am seeing".

It was just so mind blowing a spectacle.