ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

© 1972 Dominique Tarlé
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: do you have olympic spirit? Return to archive Page: 1 2
August 13th, 2004 02:42 PM
moy i'm not excited about the olympics as i was in the past when i was a kid

are you excited about it? do you watch the olympics? we need a tour rught now
August 13th, 2004 02:47 PM
jb Go
August 13th, 2004 02:51 PM
Joey

Go

August 13th, 2004 03:07 PM
Some Guy Sadly, no. Speaking from experience it makes your city horrible and a dangerous place to live.
August 13th, 2004 03:20 PM
Joey
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Sadly, no. Speaking from experience it makes your city horrible and a dangerous place to live.

Some Guy ...........I have blood in my urine again ..............should I be concerned ?

Please ...............I value your thoughts on this matter of VITAL importance .

J .
August 13th, 2004 03:27 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Joey wrote:

Some Guy ...........I have blood in my urine again ..............should I be concerned ?

Please ...............I value your thoughts on this matter of VITAL importance .

J .

Yes! Please go to Web MD.
August 13th, 2004 03:38 PM
Gazza >i'm not excited about the olympics as i was in the past when i was a kid

me neither, although I'll still watch much of it. As it's back in Europe at least it's on at a decent time of day.

When I was a kid, after each event was over you waited for the medal ceremony. Now you wait for the outcome of the drug tests instead.

I also have a bad feeling about this Olympics re: some high profile terrorist atrocity. I hope I'm wrong.
August 13th, 2004 03:38 PM
telecaster I intend on watching womens diving, womens swimming, womens
sycronized swimming and womens gymnastics

joey, oddly, is really into the male greco wrestling
August 13th, 2004 03:42 PM
jb Gazza, who were those British fags that that movie was based on? I think they were runners?
August 13th, 2004 03:43 PM
Joey
quote:
telecaster wrote:
I intend on watching womens diving, womens swimming, womens
sycronized swimming and womens gymnastics

joey, oddly, is really into the male greco wrestling

Tele ........................I have been diagnosed with Irritable Bowel Syndrome ( I.B.S. ) . My Director has moved my " cubicle " within two feet of the Men's Room and makes sure that there are ample quantities of toilet paper readily available .

Developing ..........................( Oh , OH !!!!!!!! .............I wish I hadn't said that .......................)

************** END TRANSMISSION *****************
August 13th, 2004 03:53 PM
Some Guy man thats unfukwitable.
August 13th, 2004 03:55 PM
Gazza >Gazza, who were those British fags that that movie was based on? I think they were runners?

what are you talking about? what movie?
August 13th, 2004 04:02 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:
>Gazza, who were those British fags that that movie was based on? I think they were runners?

2 britsih runners who competed and one of them won a gold medal...
August 13th, 2004 04:02 PM
telecaster
quote:
Gazza wrote:
>Gazza, who were those British fags that that movie was based on? I think they were runners?

"Chariots Of Fire"

Gazza what happened to that Irish female swimmer?
August 13th, 2004 04:03 PM
jb
quote:
telecaster wrote:

"Chariots Of Fire"

Gazza what happened to that Irish female swimmer?

That's it Tele!!! The Irish babe was doped?
August 13th, 2004 04:05 PM
telecaster
quote:
jb wrote:
That's it Tele!!! The Irish babe was doped?

I think her name was Smith

Remember she suddenly went from 347th in the world to beating world records by tons?

Her hubby was a shot putter who got busted for roids

Somehow she never did

August 13th, 2004 04:10 PM
jb She was a hot lassie if I recall....would you ever do Mary Decker Slaney?
August 13th, 2004 04:11 PM
telecaster
quote:
jb wrote:
She was a hot lassie if I recall....would you ever do Mary Decker Slaney?

Yes. And Mary Lou Retton and Nadia Comaneche
August 13th, 2004 04:20 PM
Gazza >I think her name was Smith
Remember she suddenly went from 347th in the world to beating world records by tons?
Her hubby was a shot putter who got busted for roids
Somehow she never did

Lol. Yeah. Michelle Smith, who then became Michelle DeBruin (you're right about her hubby.
He was busted for steroids and also coincidentally happened to be her coach).

Ireland didnt even have a 50 metre pool for her to train in, so she did all her training in Holland and suddenly went from total obscurity to triple gold medallist in Atlanta. If I remember right, she quietly and conveniently retired soon after the Olympics. She seems to have been somehow forgotten about in the Republic of Ireland in the last few years. I wonder why!

A hot lassie? You must be kiddin'. She was a pig with lips.
August 13th, 2004 04:29 PM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:

A hot lassie? You must be kiddin'. She was a pig with lips.

****** Young Joey now cupping his hand over his mouth whilst staring at his computer and giggling to himself ***********

Turscee Joe !
August 13th, 2004 05:08 PM
Lazy Bones Winter Olympics are far superior.
August 13th, 2004 10:13 PM
glencar I still like the Olympics. Thank God the USA team wasn't booed as some feared. I have the Opening Ceremony on right now.
August 14th, 2004 07:42 PM
Madafaka I wanna that Argentinian Soccer Team win the golden medal.
August 14th, 2004 08:20 PM
MarthaMyDear JOEY, YOU ARE WORRYING ME!!! GET TO THE
FRICKING DOCTOR, OK., AND DO WHAT HE/SHE SAYS!!!
PLEASE?!?!?! THANK YOU!!! lol......
SERIOUSLY, THOUGH!!!

I'll be watching the Winter Olympics the most but watch other
parts of the Olympics here and there, probably... I LOVE the
gymnastics and ice skating and the diving and swimming
competitions and the running, also (and a few more things)!!!
I "listened" to a little bit of the opening ceremony last
night 'cause there was nothing else on TV that I knew of but I
look forward to the events above... CHEERS!!!

*** Martha ***
August 15th, 2004 11:52 PM
Carly Patterson USA USA USA
August 16th, 2004 12:35 AM
Taptrick By Douglas Hamilton
ATHENS (Reuters) - Iran's world judo champion Arash Miresmaeili refused to compete against an Israeli Sunday, triggering a fresh crisis at the Olympic Games (news - web sites) where race, creed or color are barred from interfering in sport. The International Judo Federation (IJF) failed to agree how to deal with the politically explosive issue at an emergency meeting and said it would hold further talks Monday.

The burning issue was whether any penalty would hit Miresmaeili alone or the entire Iranian team, as the intrusion of the Middle East's bitter politics threatened to fly in the face of the Olympic ideal.

"There has been no decision and we are considering this situation very carefully," said IJF spokesman Michel Brousse.

"This has not been brought to us as an issue and until it is, we would not have any comment," said a spokeswoman for the International Olympic Committee (news - web sites) (IOC (news - web sites)), which pledges to uphold the ideal of sport transcending national barriers.

The official reason at the Games for Miresmaeili's non-appearance was failure to make the weight but judo chiefs questioned how a seasoned athlete, who carried Iran's flag at Friday's opening ceremony, would have made such a basic error.

REAL REASON
But in Tehran, the Iranian National Olympic Committee said in a statement: "This is a general policy of our country to refrain from competing against athletes of the Zionist regime and Arash Miresmaeili has observed this policy."

Iran has refused to recognize Israel's right to exist since Islamic fundamentalists toppled the Shah in 1979.

Miresmaeili, who had been due to fight Israeli Ehud Vaks, was quoted by Iran's official news agency IRNA as saying he acted in solidarity with the Palestinians.

"Although I have trained for months and am in shape I refused to face my Israeli rival in sympathy with the oppressed Palestinian people," said Miresmaeili, 66 kg world champion in 2001 and 2003. "I am not upset about the decision I have made."

In a fresh doping case, Slovak shot putter Milan Haborak tested positive for a banned substance and left the Olympics, the Slovak news agency SITA reported.

"I really am sorry because I was really looking forward to competing. I trained long and hard. But I do not know that I took something that is banned," SITA quoted Haborak as saying.

Team spokesman Anton Zerer refused to comment on the report.

The Games were rocked last Thursday when Greece's top two athletes, Olympic 200 meters champion Costas Kenteris and 100 meters silver medallist Katerina Thanou, missed a dope test. They were dropped from the host nation's team Saturday pending an IOC disciplinary hearing Monday.

HOT AIR
On the second day of full competition at the Olympics, Athens was blasted by a hot, hair-dryer wind that threatened to spook the horses at the equestrian events and may have blown some arrows off course at the archery.
The rowing regatta had to be stopped, prompting some told-you-so comments from critics who said it was in the wrong place to begin with. But the gusting winds could not stop Russia's Alexei Alipov winning gold in the men's trap shooting with a near-flawless performance on a range carved into a mountain top. The 29-year-old from Moscow scored 149 out of a possible 150, including a perfect 25 in the final round.

Swimming again grabbed most attention as Australia's Ian Thorpe (news - web sites) won round one of a duel with American Michael Phelps (news - web sites), qualifying fastest for the 200 meters freestyle.

Thorpe showed no signs of fatigue from his titanic struggle with Grant Hackett (news - web sites) in Saturday's 400 freestyle final victory as he cruised through his heat in one minute 47.22 seconds.

OLYMPIC BIRTHPLACE
The archery contest returned the Olympics to their birthplace in Athens's Panathinaiko Stadium, 108 years after the first Games were held at the classical marble amphitheater.

Attendance at the first Summer Olympics (news - web sites) since the Sept. 11 attacks on the United States three years ago has disappointed in the first two days, but organizers hope it will soon pick up.

Athens has spent 1 billion euros ($1.23 billion) on security, four times more than Sydney in 2000, and security personnel outnumber athletes seven to one.

So organizers were swift to play down a British newspaper's charge that security at the Games was a "terrorist's dream."

Sunday Mirror tabloid reporter Bob Graham said a job as a driver allowed him to wander round the main stadium close to world leaders during Friday's opening ceremony.

But the organizers said a background check had been conducted on Graham before he got the job and the "suspicious packages" he planted were not detected precisely because they were harmless.

[Edited by Taptrick]
August 16th, 2004 12:37 AM
parmeda Is it just me, or is anyone else glad that the USA Mens Basketball team had Puerto Rico hand them their asses earlier today?
August 16th, 2004 07:41 AM
Some Guy
quote:
parmeda wrote:
Is it just me, or is anyone else glad that the USA Mens Basketball team had Puerto Rico hand them their asses earlier today?

yeah, that is hilarious! I guess they thought they were just going to give them a gold medal.
August 16th, 2004 10:38 AM
Joey [quote]MarthaMyDear wrote:
JOEY, YOU ARE WORRYING ME!!! GET TO THE
FRICKING DOCTOR, OK., AND DO WHAT HE/SHE SAYS!!!
PLEASE?!?!?! THANK YOU!!! lol......
SERIOUSLY, THOUGH!!! "

Come To Joey .................

August 16th, 2004 11:12 AM
telecaster
quote:
parmeda wrote:
Is it just me, or is anyone else glad that the USA Mens Basketball team had Puerto Rico hand them their asses earlier today?

Me too pam, I loved every second of it
Page: 1 2