ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

© 1972 Dominique Tarlé
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith Richards on Willie Nelson new CD 9/21 Return to archive
August 12th, 2004 04:27 PM
Tom Willie's 'Outlaws' Special Heads to CD
Thu Aug 12, 2004 02:00 PM ET

NEW YORK (Billboard) - Musical highlights of the third Willie Nelson & Friends television special, which featured a stellar cast including Keith Richards, Kid Rock and Merle Haggard, will be released on CD Sept. 21 via Lost Highway.

Taped May 5 at the Wiltern Theater in Los Angeles, "Outlaws and Angels" aired on the U.S. Memorial Day holiday on the USA Network. Here is the "Outlaws and Angels" track list:

"Georgia on a Fast Train" with Toby Keith and Joe Walsh

"Ramblin' Fever" with Toby Keith, Joe Walsh and Merle Haggard

"Shotgun Willie" with Kid Rock

"Rainin' in My Heart" with Al Green

"Stormy Weather" with Shelby Lynne

"Will You Love Me Tomorrow" with Carole King

"Still Is Still Moving to Me" with Toots Hibber
August 12th, 2004 05:08 PM
Gazza >Keith Richards on Willie Nelson new CD 9/21

but that track-listing doesnt include the song with Keith.

Theres only 7 songs listed. Seems a bit short, no?
August 12th, 2004 07:34 PM
gypsy Huh. It's got to have more than that. I'll look it up...I really like the duet w/ Willie and Keith--"We Had It All." I won't buy the CD if that song is not on it.
August 13th, 2004 05:59 AM
Jumping Jack The entire show is on DVD in excellent quality so it should be easy for someone with the know how to rip the audio to CD.
August 13th, 2004 07:14 AM
Gazza seems we're getting more, after all (but not the Willie Nelson/Bob Dylan duet - hardly surprising as I doubt Dylan would have sanctioned it's release. Of all their duets together, this one was by far the worst)

Was watchin the DVD last night. It's pretty good and Keith was terrific, I thought.

From www.billboard.com

Edited By Jonathan Cohen. August 12, 2004, 10:40 AM ET

Willie's 'Outlaws' Special Heads To CD

Musical highlights of the third Willie Nelson & Friends television special will be released on CD Sept. 21 via Lost Highway. Taped May 5 at the Wiltern LG in Los Angeles, "Outlaws and Angels" aired on the U.S. Memorial Day holiday on the USA Network.

The track list for the audio disc reflects the considerable star power that was on hand to perform with Nelson, including Keith Richards, Merle Haggard, Kid Rock, Joe Walsh, Jerry Lee Lewis and Toby Keith.

Haggard and Keith are the most-represented collaborators, joining Walsh and Nelson on Haggard's "Ramblin' Fever," as well as on versions of Townes Van Zandt's "Pancho & Lefty" and Haggard's "Mama Tried." Keith also appears with Walsh on a disc-opening version of Billy Joe Shaver's "Georgia on a Fast Train."

Haggard collaborates with Richards, Kid Rock and Lewis on the latter's classic rave up, "Whole Lotta Shakin' Going On," while Haggard and Nelson close out the set with a take on "I'll Fly Away."

Other guests performing with Nelson were reggae veteran Toots Hibbert, soul legends Al Green and the Holmes Brothers, country singer Lee Ann Womack, rock group Los Lonely Boys and singer/songwriters Ben Harper, Carole King, Shelby Lynne, Lucinda Williams and Rickie Lee Jones.

Backing each ensemble was an impressive house band, led by musical director/guitarist Jimmy Ripp. The group's ranks were bolstered by guitarists Nils Lofgren, Biff Watson and Kenny Lovelace, bassist Hutch Hutchinson, pianist Ivan Neville, keyboardist Jim Cox, drummer Jim Keltner, pedal steel player Greg Leisz, harmonica legend Mickey Raphael and a horn section boasting Dave Woodford (sax), Bill Churchville (trumpet) and Garrett Atkins (trombone).

Additionally, Maxine Waters Willard, Julia Waters Tillman, Bernard Fowler and Stacie Michelle provided background vocals and Nelson's own Family Band, featuring sister Bobbie Nelson (piano), Paul English (drums), Billy English (percussion) Bee Spears (bass) and Jody Payne (guitar/background vocals) crowded the stage to round out the sound.

If you missed the musical summit the first time around, cable/satellite television arts network Trio will rebroadcast the "Willie Nelson & Friends: Outlaws and Angels" special, emceed by actor James Caan, on Saturday (Aug. 14).

Here is the "Outlaws and Angels" track list:

"Georgia on a Fast Train" with Toby Keith and Joe Walsh
"Ramblin' Fever" with Toby Keith, Joe Walsh and Merle Haggard
"Shotgun Willie" with Kid Rock
"Rainin' in My Heart" with Al Green
"Stormy Weather" with Shelby Lynne
"Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow" with Carole King
"Still Is Still Moving to Me" with Toots Hibbert
"Midnight Rider" with Ben Harper
"Pressure Drop" with Toots Hibbert
"I'll Never Be Free" with Lee Ann Womack
"Opportunity To Cry" with the Holmes Brothers
"Cisco Kid" with Los Lonely Boys
"Pancho & Lefty" with Merle Haggard and Toby Keith
"Overtime" with Lucinda Williams
"Mama Tried" with Merle Haggard and Toby Keith
"Comes Love" with Rickie Lee Jones
"We Had It All" with Keith Richards
"Whole Lotta Shakin' Going On" with Jerry Lee Lewis, Kid Rock, Keith Richards and Merle Haggard
"I'll Fly Away" with Merle Haggard

-- Barry A. Jeckell, N.Y.
[Edited by Gazza]
August 13th, 2004 01:44 PM
gypsy Thanks Gazza. I'll buy it since it has the Keith/Willie duet.
Four tracks w/ Toby Keith?! SS is going to be pissed.
August 13th, 2004 01:50 PM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:
SS is going to be pissed.

August 13th, 2004 01:56 PM
Soldatti After a long week off I'm back here!

Great CD comming soon, that Keith song is an outtake from a Stones session that I don't remember.
August 13th, 2004 03:06 PM
gypsy joey, Toby Keith is building a house just a hop, skip, and a jump away from mine. When it's finished, I could invite SS down here, and we could stand outside Toby's house and call him names and throw eggs at him.
August 13th, 2004 03:17 PM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:
joey, Toby Keith is building a house just a hop, skip, and a jump away from mine. When it's finished, I could invite SS down here, and we could stand outside Toby's house and call him names and throw eggs at him.

Who's Toby Keith ?!?!?!

Wasn't he " Mr. Wang " ( the Asian friend of Rodney Dangerfield ) in the 1980 Classic " CaddyShack " ?!?!

Developing ..........

J
August 13th, 2004 06:05 PM
gypsy Toby Keith is a big fat wannabe football player who became a country singer. He's a stupid redneck...and SS will tell you he is a twat and a fuckwit.
I've been meaning to tell SS that I met Toby about 12 or 13 years ago at a barbershop. One of my dad's boxers went to high school w/ Toby. This boxer is also a barber...and he was cutting my hair, and Toby walks in...and he was really fat with a perm and a mullet. He kept bragging about how he was going to become famous...I guess he did...but he's still a stupid redneck.