ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

© 1972 Dominique Tarlé
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hurricanes Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
August 12th, 2004 04:16 PM
jb Thanks for all your prayers and thoughts....I will attempt to navigate through this storm and protect my loved ones. With god's protection, and the many "Rocks-offers'" praying for our safe passage, I have faith that we will indeed make it through the storm. God Bless...and amen.
August 12th, 2004 04:20 PM
Joey

Take Care My Baby Josh .....................

May the be with you !
August 12th, 2004 04:33 PM
Bloozehound The Crazy Cajun's Nawlin's Style Hurricane Recipe

Hurricane
- 1 oz Vodka
- 1 oz Gin
- 1 oz Light Rum
- 1/2 oz 151 Proof Rum
- 1 oz Amaretto
- 1 oz Triple Sec
- 3 splash(es) Grapefruit Juice
- 3 splash(es) Pineapple Juice
- 2 splash(es) Grenadine

Directions/Comments: Pour gin, vodka, rums, amaretto, and triple sec into a tall glass with ice. Add the pineapple and grapefruit juices, then top with granadine. Garnish with a orange slice.

Rate This Drink:
10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

WWHHhhooOOOOoohh I GARONTEE !!!!!!!

August 12th, 2004 04:36 PM
Some Guy Charley, which had pumped up to nearly 105 mph by early afternoon, was expected to hit the state's west coast Friday, possibly bringing heavy rain, swirling tornadoes and a storm surge of up to 12 feet to the Tampa Bay and Fort Myers areas.
The back-to-back storms - the first to menace the state so close together since 1906 - prompted Gov. Jeb Bush(jb) to declare a state of emergency for all of Florida.
There were no reports of heavy rains or flooding in already-soaked areas of the Panhandle after Bonnie's disorganized center blustered ashore with wind near 50 mph. By midday, Apalachicola looked as if nothing happened. The sun was shining and the surf was calming down.
Charley loomed, however, prompting evacuation requests for 800,000 residents and tourists along coastal areas from the Florida Keys to Tampa Bay. The evacuations included flood-prone sections of the Tampa-St. Petersburg area. All residents of MacDill Air Force Base on Tampa Bay have been ordered to evacuate, and only essential personnel will remain, spokeswoman Lt. Erin Dorrance said. MacDill is home to U.S. Central Command, the nerve center of the war in Iraq, and the Special Operations Command.
This is Florida's biggest evacuation request since 1999, when Hurricane Floyd brushed the state's east coast and prompted officials to urge a record 1.3 million to evacuate.
Charley, which became a hurricane Wednesday before spinning by Jamaica, was heading past the Cayman Islands on Thursday and was expected to travel over western Cuba on its track toward Florida.
Hurricane watches or warnings were extended to include most of Florida's Gulf Coast, and Charley was predicted to strike the Keys and the Florida Gulf Coast early Friday.
In the Keys, tourists had been told to leave Wednesday, and the order was expanded Thursday to include a mandatory evacuation of mobile homes in the lower Keys.
The lone road to the mainland, the Overseas Highway, was blocked by an accident for more than an hour Thursday morning, slowing the evacuation.
Al Perkins, 55, a small business owner in the Keys, placed office computers and a photocopier in garbage bags while outside a colleague hammered metal hurricane shutters on top of windows
``If it gets over a 150 miles per hour winds, I'm out of here. Anything less than that, I've already been in, so it's not a problem,'' he said.
Residents along Florida's southwestern coast were preparing for havoc, boarding up homes with plywood and buying supplies such as water, canned food and batteries.
Sarasota resident Beth Ciombor was at a Home Depot loading two sheets of plywood onto her minivan's roof while her 2-year-old son watched.
``I'm on the verge of tears. It's so frightening,'' Ciombor said.
Back-to-back storms haven't struck so close together in Florida since Oct. 17, 1906, when two tropical storms hit the state, said Ken Reeves, the senior meteorologist at AccuWeather, a commercial forecasting center.
As Bonnie moved northward over land, forecasters issued flash flood and tornado watches ahead of it for parts of Georgia and the Carolinas. And they said Charley, coming through a day later, could pose a bigger threat, with the ground already soaked and trees' root systems weakened by Bonnie.
For North Carolina, the heavy rain from the storms was coming just a week after Hurricane Alex damaged parts of that state's Outer Banks.
At 2 p.m. EDT, Bonnie was centered about 30 miles southeast of Tallahassee, moving at 28 mph. Charley was about 190 miles south of Havana, traveling at 17 mph.
In Key West, the electronic sign at the Waffle House scrolled a message to the storm, ``Stay Away Charley.'' Plywood and metal storm shutters graced only a few homes and businesses and most streets were quiet.
In Islamorada, in the northern Keys, Lou Anne Settle and Jordan Davis shrugged off the hurricane, sipping wine and gazing at the sunset along the marina where they live in a houseboat. They had no plans to leave.
``It's a little early to be worried,'' Davis said, before raising her glass and toasting, ``to the hurricane - to Charley.''

[Edited by Some Guy]
August 13th, 2004 10:00 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
``It's a little early to be worried,''

Well, I guess it ain't now. You don't fuck around with them things.
August 13th, 2004 10:48 AM
Phog Hunker down Joshy. Good luck and God speed to you and yours.
August 13th, 2004 11:58 AM
glencar The Storm sucks bigtime. Good luck Joshy.
August 13th, 2004 12:09 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
The Storm sucks bigtime. Good luck Joshy.

Yes , Good Luck !!!!!

Calls for a Drink TONIGHT when it is finally over with ............. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Developing ..............................

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

Kurscee Joe !

[Edited by Joey]
August 13th, 2004 12:10 PM
glencar Joshy drinks? What?
August 13th, 2004 12:14 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Joshy drinks? What?

August 13th, 2004 12:16 PM
Some Guy Absolutely unbelievably splendidly spectacular beautiful delicious weather all up in the Atl this weekend thanks to those 2 hurricanes and a cold front. Wow! This is August? Usually can't go out much this time of year due to the heat and smog. I hope Fla is allright, Thanks!
August 13th, 2004 12:19 PM
glencar Florida's drenched.
August 13th, 2004 12:52 PM
egon masseltof!
August 13th, 2004 12:55 PM
glencar Gesundheit!
August 13th, 2004 01:00 PM
egon gleny,

it's time you get yourself one of those fancy avatars!
August 13th, 2004 01:02 PM
glencar It's more important that I get lunch! Avoir, mon frere!
August 13th, 2004 01:04 PM
egon i skipped lunch today. instead i had beer. sure hope my mother won't find out.
August 13th, 2004 01:14 PM
jb Thanks to all!!! Your prayers and our faith in Jesus Christ has saved us from the wrath of the Hurricane.
Joey has a lot more posts than I do since we hit 10K.
August 13th, 2004 01:16 PM
egon due to the storm, you are allowed to ad 1.000 posts to your name. thank you please.
August 13th, 2004 01:17 PM
jb
quote:
egon wrote:
due to the storm, you are allowed to ad 1.000 posts to your name. thank you please.

Thanks Egon!!!!
August 13th, 2004 01:23 PM
Some Guy
quote:
jb wrote:
Thanks to all!!! Your prayers and our faith in Jesus Christ has saved us from the wrath of the Hurricane.
Joey has a lot more posts than I do since we hit 10K.

Yeah, can't you picture Joey in that scene from Titanic on the end of the bat screaming I'm King of the World!
August 13th, 2004 01:25 PM
glencar I was thinking he'd be better in the Kate Winslet part!
August 13th, 2004 01:26 PM
glencar Lunch was delicious, egon but beer will be better after work tonight. We'll talk about avatars next week.
August 13th, 2004 01:30 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Lunch was delicious, egon but beer will be better after work tonight. We'll talk about avatars next week.

Ninea abs shae monkey? Ninea! Joeys es muy guapo!!!
August 13th, 2004 01:35 PM
glencar I hear that hurricane made a U-turn & is headed right back at Boca. Step away from the computer, Joshy!
August 13th, 2004 01:45 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
I was thinking he'd be better in the Kate Winslet part!

August 13th, 2004 01:47 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Ninea abs shae monkey? Ninea! Joeys es muy guapo!!!

Joshy .................the is strong with you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tonight .............I drink the first " Jaggerbomb " for you ..............I drink the second " Jaggerbomb " for .
August 13th, 2004 01:47 PM
Some Guy Its bearing down on Ft Meyers now, it is a category 4 now!
August 13th, 2004 01:49 PM
Joey
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Its bearing down on Ft Meyers now, it is a category 4 now!

August 13th, 2004 01:55 PM
Some Guy jb, are you near the Storm? Where you be stayin'?
Page: 1 2 3