ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

© 1972 Dominique Tarlé
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Funk Singer Rick James Dead Return to archive Page: 1 2
August 6th, 2004 03:27 PM
Bloozehound Funk Singer Rick James Dies in Los Angeles

4 minutes ago

LOS ANGELES - Funk singer Rick James, best known for the 1981 hit "Super Freak," died Friday, apparently of natural causes, police said. James, 56, died at 9:45 a.m. at a residence near Universal City, said Officer Esther Reyes, a Police Department spokeswoman. yahoo news
August 6th, 2004 03:33 PM
Factory Girl That is a shame. He had a great song with "Superfreak", but after that his career tanked. I read that he spent time in jail on drug charges.

RIP Mr. Superfreak.
August 6th, 2004 03:34 PM
jb RIP SuperFreak....the Mary Jane girls always got me aroused...
August 6th, 2004 03:41 PM
LadyJane I feel bad. Yeah he had his share of problems, but I have very fond memories of sharing the dance floor with him in the '70's here in his hometown of Buffalo.

RIP..Rick

LJ.
August 6th, 2004 03:46 PM
jb
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
I feel bad. Yeah he had his share of problems, but I have very fond memories of sharing the dance floor with him in the '70's here in his hometown of Buffalo.

RIP..Rick

LJ.

Superfreak enjoyed his women....
August 6th, 2004 03:47 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
jb wrote:
Superfreak enjoyed his women....

superfreak enjoyed his crackpipe....
August 6th, 2004 03:52 PM
Poplar
Superfreak enjoyed whoop'n up on his women. But Superfreak did NOT enjoy the crackpipe when it was used as a burning instrument by women he tried to whoop up on.

This guy's biography is stunning, sad, and oddly hysterical.
August 6th, 2004 03:56 PM
Factory Girl He dated Linda Blair, of the Exorcist fame. Yes, he was a lover of the crack.
August 6th, 2004 03:58 PM
jb The man was a superfreak....he never should have gone to jail for consensual sex....

She's a very kinky girlThe kind you don't take home to motherShe will never let your spirits downOnce you get her off the street, ow girlShe likes the boys in the bandShe says that I'm her all-time favoriteWhen I make my move to her room it's the right timeShe's never hard to please{Refrain}That girl is pretty wild nowThe girl's a super freakThe kind of girl you read aboutIn new-wave magazineThat girl is pretty kinkyThe girl's a super freakI really love to taste herEvery time we meetShe's all right, she's all rightThat girl's all right with me, yeahShe's a super freak, super freakShe's super-freaky, yowSuper freak, super freakShe's a very special girlThe kind of girl you want to knowFrom her head down to her toenailsDown to her feet, yeahAnd she'll wait for me at backstage with her girlfriendsIn a limousineGoing back in ChinatownThree's not a crowd to her, she says"Room 714, I'll be waiting"When I get there she's got incense, wine and candlesIt's such a freaky scene{Refrain}{Bridge}Temptations sing!OhhhhhSuper freak, super freakThat girl's a super freakOhhhhhShe's a very kinky girlThe kind you don't take home to motherShe will never let your spirits downOnce you get her off the street, ow girlBlow, Danny!

[Edited by jb]
August 6th, 2004 04:02 PM
Factory Girl http://www.bankrate.com/brm/news/investing/20020530a.asp

interview w/ Rick James (minor Neil Young content)
August 6th, 2004 04:05 PM
Bloozehound She's a very kinky girl...
August 6th, 2004 04:08 PM
jb
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
She's a very kinky girl...

Rik james knew how to love women in that very special way..a true hero to millions of 'superfreaks" throughout the nation!!!
August 6th, 2004 04:19 PM
F505 thx jb
August 6th, 2004 05:48 PM
Sir Stonesalot Ever see the bit that Dave Chapelle does on Rick James...you know, "I'm Rick James, bitch!"....

Fuckin' hilarious.

Glad I didn't buy one of those "I'm Rick James, bitch!" t-shirts.

The crackpipe will eventually get ya.....sooner, or in Rick's case, later. Still, as big of a fuckhead as he may have been...it's still kinda sad. Wonder if MC Hammer will send flowers?

And he was in a band with Neil Young....so he couldn't be totally bad.
[Edited by Sir Stonesalot]
August 6th, 2004 06:13 PM
Moonisup and the stones go on, and on, and on......
August 6th, 2004 08:24 PM
gypsy Hey guys! I'm home now! My dog pee'd on me. I'm expecting my man to do the same when he gets home. ha!

I heard about the Rick James thing on the radio today while driving home...that's sad. I figured he'd make a comeback w/ Dave Chapelle and Charlie Murphy doing all those hilarious skits w/ and about him. Damn.

jb, that doesn't surprise me at all about the Mary Jane Girls getting you all hot and bothered...since you find Susanna Hoffs and other 80's-style chicks hot. I don't mean that in a bad way...it's just that you like the big teased bangs look. And I think you like brunettes...but I'm not sure...as I don't know what color hair the secretary had/has.

Luv you guys. Missed you. It feels great to be home. And getting pee'd on always means you're loved...right, joey?
August 6th, 2004 10:54 PM
BILL PERKS HE DID A GREAT JOB PRODUCING EDDIE MURPHY'S PARTY ALL THE TIME.
August 6th, 2004 11:01 PM
gypsy SS, I've missed you, you hunky Leo male.
I figured you liked Chapelle...cuz you have great taste.
Those were the funniest fucking skits w/ Rick James. Do you think they'll air them again, or would it be in bad taste?

What was it Rick said?--"Cocaine's a helluva drug."
August 8th, 2004 03:19 PM
Factory Girl Hey gypsy, Rick james was the shit...sarc. He was allright, he was true to crack. I wonder if he had another Superfreak in him...we'll never know. Did he father any little Freaks???
August 11th, 2004 12:30 AM
gypsy There was one of those shows like E! True Hollywood Story or VH1 Behind the Music that ran an episode on Rick James. I watched it last year...he was married to a young white girl, and they have a young son and daughter. Rick and his wife (the same young white girl--she's really pretty) were on crack, and they spent some time in jail for kidnapping a woman and forcing her to have a threesome with them. Very Superfreakish to me...but not in a good way.
Anyways, Rick and his wife were interviewed for the show, and talked about how they gave up drugs together, got married when they got out of prison, got religious, etc...
August 11th, 2004 12:45 PM
Sir Stonesalot Gypsy...

I'm very sorry that you miss me. If I could change that, I would.

You could always get a job at one of our local hospitals. They always seem to be desperate for trained, experienced people. And our cost of is sooooo low.

In any case, I hope your job hunting goes well.

Now, speaking of Dave Chapelle. I know that there are tons of white folks who don't like Dave. I guess he's too black for them or something. I think he's a riot. Did you see the Prince/street ball skit? Or how about the racial draft? And the Wayne Brady thing was just ridiculous funny.

It's too bad that his show is stuck on basic cable. It deserves better.
August 11th, 2004 01:04 PM
Factory Girl Prince is at MCI on 8/12 & 8/13.
August 11th, 2004 01:34 PM
gypsy SS, I have seriously been considering taking a travel job in the Northeast. I was thinking New York, because I've never been there, and then I could meet LadyJane or something.

The Prince skit was hilarious...skins vs. blouses ("You know you didn't buy them shirts in the men's section")...was that what it was? I can't remember it verbatim...then Prince makes them all breakfast...I had a Chappelle tape full of episodes from a Chappelle marathon that Comedy Central ran one day...and, naturally, I lent it to a guy at work...and then the McJunkin debacle happened...so I doubt I'll get my tape back.
There are so many funny skits he's done...he cracks me up. I only wish the show were longer, and that he didn't waste ten minutes at the end w/ some lame rap group.

"It was, like, mad niggerish up in there."
August 11th, 2004 01:44 PM
LadyJane
quote:
gypsy wrote:
SS, I have seriously been considering taking a travel job in the Northeast. I was thinking New York, because I've never been there, and then I could meet LadyJane or something.

I feel so loved here on RO!!! C'mon...come to NY!!! We can drive to PA and see SS. Now there's a meeting I'd love to witness!!!

LJ.
August 11th, 2004 01:56 PM
Sir Stonesalot >We can drive to PA and see SS. Now there's a meeting I'd love to witness!!! <

Yeah, me too!
August 11th, 2004 02:01 PM
Joey
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
>We can drive to PA and see SS. Now there's a meeting I'd love to witness!!! <

Yeah, me too!

August 11th, 2004 02:04 PM
gypsy I'm dead serious, LJ. I plan on looking at travel opportunities close to your city. I have never been to New York...well, one time I changed planes at the airport in NYC. But that doesn't count. There are a ton of jobs in California, but I am not so sure about going out there. I would like to go East this time.
August 11th, 2004 02:05 PM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:
I'm dead serious, LJ. I plan on looking at travel opportunities close to your city. I have never been to New York...well, one time I changed planes at the airport in NYC. But that doesn't count. There are a ton of jobs in California, but I am not so sure about going out there. I would like to go East this time.

Trouble at home ?!?!

Come to Joey ..................................
August 11th, 2004 02:07 PM
LadyJane You know you have a place to stay in Western New York..anytime, my friend!!

Oh the trouble we could get into!!

We need to chat...maybe this weekend.

LJ.
August 11th, 2004 02:08 PM
Joey
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
You know you have a place to stay in Western New York..anytime, my friend!!

Oh the trouble we could get into!!

We need to chat...maybe this weekend.

LJ.

OK ! Thanks for Understanding L.J.
Page: 1 2