ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

© 1972 Dominique Tarlé
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Springsteen, R.E.M. to Rock for Political Change (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
August 4th, 2004 04:13 PM
Joey
quote:
Larry Dallas wrote:
I'll be in Cleveland and Ann Arbor. Will Sir Stonesalot represent in Philly? What about Martha?

Hi Larry Dallas
August 4th, 2004 04:14 PM
jb
quote:
Larry Dallas wrote:
I'll be in Cleveland and Ann Arbor. Will Sir Stonesalot represent in Philly? What about Martha?

Ohio and PA.....very pivotal election states.....
August 4th, 2004 04:26 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Ohio and PA.....very pivotal election states.....

He who takes Ohio wins the election .

I predict that the race will remain very close until AFTER the last debate ( see 1980 Carter vs. Reagan ) . Then look for Kerry to pull away in a Landslide .

I also predict that I will get up now to take my afternoon Sh## !

Developing .......................literally !

*************** IMMEDIATE END TO TRANSMISSION **********
August 4th, 2004 04:28 PM
jb ain't no party like a rolling Stone's party, cause a Rolling Stone's party never ends.
August 4th, 2004 04:28 PM
Larry Dallas What's up Joey? Congrats on your ten thousand plus posts. Same to you JB. As you can see, I'm approaching my one hundreth post in nearly two years. Let the countdown begin.

I don't know if you remember this Joey, but I'm the one who sent you your Larry Hagman photo a few years ago.

Anyway, get out to these shows if you possibly can. Seeing John Fogerty and Bruce Springsteen on the same stage will definitely be special regardless of how you vote.

I can't wait to see Dylan/Willie next month here in Lexington. Are you still in, Martha?
August 4th, 2004 04:29 PM
jb You are a great man Larry Dallas!!!!!
August 4th, 2004 04:32 PM
Joey
quote:
Larry Dallas wrote:

I don't know if you remember this Joey, but I'm the one who sent you your Larry Hagman photo a few years ago.

Larry ?!?!?!?!

Larry Dallas ?!?!?!?!

Is that really you ?!?!?!?!

Where have you been these past three years ?!?!?! Welcome Home My Brother -- This Board has really missed you ( You have no idea what they did to my Baby Steelie ..............Shiver ................).

P.S. Don't you just absolutely love my post total ?!?! I know I sure do !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJacky !

[Edited by Joey]
August 4th, 2004 04:38 PM
jb Bandwidth problems ....ninea abs shae monkey ....
August 4th, 2004 04:39 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Bandwidth problems ....ninea abs shae monkey ....

Corgi is now " The King !!!! "
August 4th, 2004 04:51 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Fuck no. We have enough problems as it is without that cynical shite.

Actually, I read that Kerry doesnt have ANY Irish ancestry, despite being a Massachussetts Catholic with an Irish-sounding surname. Is that true?

I hear that he's French...
August 4th, 2004 04:51 PM
Nellcote I for one will not be travelling to any Bruce concerts in support of this cause.

Further, I am proud to let it be known I will not be voting for John Kerry, for my own reasons, which are based from being a Massachusetts resident all of my life, seeing the real John Kerry in action. Trust me, we are better off with a speech challenged Bush than Kerry.

In addition, I must also note that Cubs fans will see Nomar flourish in Chicago, as it is not as caustic an environment for Nomy. Some qualifiers towards that though..

Nomar is very superstious, he needs to be pampered.
He wore out his act here.

JB, before you advise me, the wild card win is as good as the division. The Yankees are beatable, we have a better record vs. them this year.

And, remember, it's the Patriots, then the rest of the NFL.

August 4th, 2004 05:29 PM
Joey " Trust me, we are better off with a speech challenged Bush than Kerry. "

Nellcote .....................................

You make Joey sad .
August 4th, 2004 06:46 PM
telecaster
quote:
parmeda wrote:
Joey...do you think jb needs to see the photo of "my Bush"?
...rotflmao!

One Dick. One Bush

That's the ticket
August 4th, 2004 09:23 PM
Poplar
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
we are better off with a speech challenged Bush than Kerry.
it's the Patriots, then the rest of the NFL.

How could one Nellcote be so right, and so wrong? Glad to have a Mass native on board with W. But, two more minutes and Delhomme would have had us back in the end zone! We'll settle this in November, and in the next super bowl.

[Edited by Poplar]
August 5th, 2004 04:10 AM
UGot2Rollme man, I wish I was back in the States because these are going to be classic shows - would love to hear the Boss with John Fogerty, trading verses on "Who'll Stop the Rain", "Fortunate Son", etc...

and the best part - it's ALL FOR A VERY WORTHY CAUSE!!

Rock on, Bruce! (just don't invite that hairy puss Jon Bon Juvenile up on on stage with you, please!!)
August 5th, 2004 06:15 AM
bez85 Rock-n-roll and politics don't mix. U2's Boner is trying to save the world now we got Springsteen going the same route..shut up and play your guitar boy!
August 5th, 2004 06:35 AM
Nellcote Poplar, I'm surprised at you. Being from the Peoples Republic of Mass, to say the Panthers coulda, woulda, shoulda, you should know better when it comes to the Pats, and they lead with under 2 minutes to go, it's Miller time!
August 5th, 2004 06:49 AM
LadyJane Last time I checked the First Amendment was still in place, so EVERYONE is entitled to their opinion and has the right to express it.

A very worthy cause, IMHO, so GO FOR IT!!

It pains me, especially on a Rolling Stones website, to see a group of MUSICIANS labeled as "scumbags" just because they have differing political views than some posters. The intolerance is sickening, but totally understandable considering the current climate of "You don't agree with me, FU!"

LJ.
[Edited by LadyJane]
August 5th, 2004 07:05 AM
Poplar
Not at all my sentiment LJ.

Boss can do what the hell he likes. I won't persecute him for it. At the same time, I'm not into rock and roll for politics. Music should be "come one, come all." This little concert tour is a complete rejection of that philosophy. Suppose I WAS a Springsteen fan, and yeah, I support Bush. Why the hell would I want to go see this concert? Would I be welcome there? Would I be able to enjoy Born to Run while having my political beliefs assaulted by the masses organized against me? It simply taints the music. Hell - I'm a conservative that loved Phish. But even they never went on tour for a political purpose. Regardless of your politics, I feel this is kind of an awkward position to place "the music."

and Nellcote - I wasn't clear enough with my reference to your state. I'm a NC boy, transplanted to CA. See you again in January!
August 5th, 2004 09:32 AM
Larry Dallas I just read that Fogerty won't have his band with him at these shows, so Bruce and the E Streeters will be standing in. Just one more reason to go out and watch this go down.
August 5th, 2004 09:38 AM
Vinnie
quote:
The_Worst wrote:
LIBERAL SCUMBAGS!!!

I totaly agree! It,s about the music,not backing fucked up politians. I.m voting for Keith anyways.
August 5th, 2004 09:46 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Well I guess the idea is to elect Kerry. I don't have any problem with musicians voicing their opininon on stage or otherwise. Some people I suppose might feel "out of place" if they support a different candidate or a different set of ideas. I ain't voting for Kerry or Bush but I'd still go if the opportunity came up. But the more people that get out and vote the better.
August 5th, 2004 09:53 AM
Vinnie
quote:
jb wrote:
Gazza, while i am going to vote for Kerry, it would not surprise me in the least to see Bush win big....people are afraid of change during uncertain times and Bush is regarded stronger on terror than Kerry...plus Kerry is a very unispiring candidate....

springsteen is good, buthe doesn,t inspire me with his political views.These concerts will have the opposite affect of their misguided intentions.,IN A WAY THATS PROBALY GOOD,I,m from MA. AND kerry is an elitist fraud just like the KENNEDYS I KNOW THE Stones would never lower themselves to this kind of pandering. or at least I hope not.
August 5th, 2004 10:07 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Kerry has a tendency to miss important Senate votes too. He doesn't seem to be a very hard worker.
August 5th, 2004 10:11 AM
Nellcote Kerry recently missed a vote which cost The Peoples Republic of Mass 75 Million. He is the Junior Senator from Mass, isn't he, or is it France?

The Battle Cry begins....

MITT ROMNEY IN '08!!!!

August 5th, 2004 10:35 AM
Joey
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Kerry has a tendency to miss important Senate votes too. He doesn't seem to be a very hard worker.

I smell another " Tet Offensive " coming ....................

.....................and you ?!?!?!?!

" Sniff "

Sniffy !
August 5th, 2004 10:49 AM
Nellcote Hey Joey;

What about Flipper's Swift Boat Vets, they claim he's a fraud. I just got's to know....
August 5th, 2004 10:54 AM
Joey
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Hey Joey;

What about Flipper's Swift Boat Vets, they claim he's a fraud. I just got's to know....

The Point is Mute ...............!

The only question now is getting out of the Iraqi Quagmire and getting out in one piece .

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

Jersey !

August 5th, 2004 10:59 AM
Nellcote Joey, but Flipper and The Breck Boy want the French and the Germans, and the mighty UN, the fun loving troika of doom, to get involved with a decision with Iraq, won't that just make the matter even more murky?
August 5th, 2004 11:02 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Joey wrote:
The only question now is getting out of the Iraqi Quagmire and getting out in one piece .

I say we cut baby milk rations down by half now, send the money saved to Washington and then when the babies get to working age they won't have to pay back so much money.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
Page: 1 2 3 4