ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

Prince of Walles Trust Concert, Hyde Park, London June 29, 1996
By Neal Preston

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Support Acts Licked (Pollstar article on opening acts for 2002 Tour) Return to archive
08-21-02 02:22 PM
Gazza Pollstar.com

if you click on the link for each artist mentioned,you'll get their upcoming tour dates including those where theyre opening for the Stones.

08-21-02 02:27 PM
jb Thanks..we here in S.Fla are treated to Shaggy!!! By the way Gazza, does anyone in N.Ireland appreciate the beautiful "Blinded by Rainbows" song? Also, are the Stones disliked because of their British heritage? Lastly, U2 has used the terrible conflict between the Protestants and Catholics to promote their horrid band and I hope people over there are not fouled by this ruse.
08-21-02 02:28 PM
Boomhauer I'm going to see No Doubt open up for the Stones. Actually, I'm probably not going to see them. I might be walking around checking out the new Ford Field and looking for some cool stuff to buy before the Stones come on stage.

08-21-02 02:36 PM
jb "married with Children" was great for the first 6 years. Iloved it when babes would come in the shoe store for a fitting!
08-21-02 02:50 PM
Gazza >Thanks..we here in S.Fla are treated to Shaggy!!! By the way Gazza, does anyone in N.Ireland appreciate the beautiful "Blinded by Rainbows" song?

Well,I certainly do! I was actually quite moved (naturally) when they chose to deal with that subject..more so with the fact that they did it sensitively. Makes a change from the usual trendy bandwagon-jumping that was the norm on that issue. When details of what was on "Voodoo Lounge" were announced some weeks before its release it got front page headlines here - and positive ones at that.

>Also, are the Stones disliked because of their British heritage?

Not in the slightest. Most people here think of themselves as Brits anyway, but the main point is that music has - thankfully - generally been a uniting factor here rather than a dividing one (unless the artist in question is overly partisan). Generally any act with a following of any kind has a cross community appeal. I cant think of any major act that hasnt.

>Lastly, U2 has used the terrible conflict between the Protestants and Catholics to promote their horrid band and I hope people over there are not fouled by this ruse.

Thanks! But I think we're perceptive enough to see things with our own eyes as we actually live here and experience it rather than have to form an opinion based on any arrogant propaganda of artists or politicians who DONT actually live here! To be fair,I dont really think U2 have used it that much and when they have done so (such as Bono turning up at a rally to promote the Good Friday 'peace' agreement with the country's two main political leaders in 1998) its generally been in a positive and well-meaning manner. U2 arent a party-political or partisan band when it comes to Irish politics and have never really been viewed as such here. They may have occasionally commented on the problems in their music - as theyre a band of mixed religious backgrounds from a city only 40 miles over the border it'd be almost impossible for them NOT to be affected in SOME way - but generally theyve stayed away from giving us the benefit of their expert analysis!!

Thanks for the reply. Cheers.

08-21-02 09:01 PM
lotsajizz In northern Ireland (note the small 'n', it should be a geographical designation ONLY!) only the descendants of the colonists (four centuries worth) think of themselves as 'Brits' (your expression Gazza) and they are a bare majority only in Antrim and Down, two out of the occupied six counties (the new Mayor of Belfast reflects reality for once). Hence the drift towards more realistic power sharing. And hey, no one outbreeds Catholics. The colonial descendants see the writing on the wall. No fears though, they still do alright in the lower 26 and will continue to do well in the north. And the Stones are well loved through ALL Ireland. We should discuss this over a Bushmills sometime Gazza.
Best, Sean.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road