ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

Prince of Walles Trust Concert, Hyde Park, London June 29, 1996
By Neal Preston

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Their Satanic Majesties Request Review Return to archive
08-20-02 06:57 PM
stone jr. I will like to know how good or bad this album is. From scale 1-5, what would you rate it?
08-20-02 07:09 PM
Gazza 1

IMO the worst studio album of the band's career,and it got the reviews it deserved at the time. The Stones trying too hard to be something theyre not - ie,the Beatles - and doing it badly. For some reason that escapes me completely, people seem to have been kinder to it with the passing of time.

Insufferable psychedelic flower-power crap,apart from three good songs (2000 Light years from home,2000 Man and Shes A Rainbow)

thank Christ they got back on track a few months later with the greatest single of their career ("Jumpin Jack Flash") and the wonderful "Beggars Banquet". Truly a case of from the ridiculous to the sublime.
08-20-02 07:29 PM
Scot Rocks I think that is what the majority of people would say about TSMR Gazza, however I have only heard some of the album as it is one which I haven't got myself, yet anyway. As I thought I may as well wait for the remasters when they were announced. So I will have low expectations when I get it, however just maybe I will be pleasantly surprised.

Cheers

Mark
08-21-02 12:24 AM
2120SMA I've always loved Citadel, 2000 Man, She's A Rainbow and 2000 Light Years From Home. The rest of the songs suck but what a great cover. Sadly I doubt they're four new songs will come anywhere close to the above four, but they have to be better than the rest of TSMR.

Please come see me in the Citadel!
08-21-02 06:56 AM
beer well chicken little, this album is quite the wild card as far as Stones albums go. I love it. I think it's a great album! it would be even better if "sing this altogether 2" was replaced with "we love you". And if "Dandelion" was on it. Great great album, check it out!
08-21-02 08:53 AM
corgi37 i give it a 2. 2000 light years, 2000 man, citadel are top tracks. in another land is the main reason why bill wyman never got a song on a major release stones album (he has a track on metamorphasis). gomper and the lantern are late night "too much drugs, man" songs. But, the thing i like about this album is the separation of the channels. Very Jimmy page. Its the stones being caught up in the times. same thing happened on some girls, with wildy better results. Also undercover i reckon. The re-release of satanic majesties might be worth checking out, but what this album needs is some fast tempo rockers. At least 1 bluesy rocker to counter act the space age/hippie crap. MInd you, Pink Floyd have made a career out doing albums like this, but it aint the Stones forte.
08-21-02 09:13 AM
scull made under the influence of bail
08-21-02 09:15 AM
Moonisup I rate it 3. Because there are some beautifull songs on it
08-21-02 09:32 AM
ShannonDC I'd rate it a 2, with Emotional Rescue being a 1 and Exile being a 5. I agree with the above posts, Citadel, 2000 Man, 2000 Light Years make it worth having. And I like Bill Wyman's tune In Another Land. I do think it's funny how Mick always defends this album when he's asked about it. He's said numerous times he quite likes it and thinks it's good.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road