ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

Prince of Walles Trust Concert, Hyde Park, London June 29, 1996
By Neal Preston

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick Taylor to do a Jimi Hendrix Tribute Return to archive
08-20-02 09:07 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!

Mick Taylor is gpoing to participate on a Jimi Hendrix tribute to be held on September 7 as a part of the 2002 "Line Up", California's largest Music Festival.

SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 7

THE JIMI HENDRIX TRIBUTE

Back by popular demand: Street Scene�s All-Star Tribute to the most electrifying guitarist and rock composer ever. Returning is the legendary �Band of Gypsys� rhythm section � drummer Buddy Miles and bassist Billy Cox � plus joining Jimi�s longtime friend Cox will be Mitch Mitchell, the original drummer from the Jimi Hendrix Experience...and much more!

Featured performers:

- Slash, the hard-rocking axeslinger from Guns N� Roses;
- Kenny Wayne Shepherd plays guitar �as if the ghosts of Jimi Hendrix and Stevie Ray Vaughan were wrestling inside him�
- Les Claypool, of Primus and Oysterhead
- Cesar Rojas & David Hidalgo of Los Lobos
- Mick Taylor of the Rolling Stones
- Tommy Shannon & Chris Layton, Stevie Ray Vaughan�s Double Trouble� rhythm section.

The Red House Tour is a 53-foot show trailer featuring priceless Hendrix memorabilia and audio/visual presentations, including a big-screen Surround Sound presentation of Jimi's last major British concert appearance at the Isle of Wight in August, 1970.

For more click this banner

Thanks so much to Axel Schumaher for the heads up via the SW5 List

08-20-02 09:14 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl BTW, to jam with Jimi was one of the greatest pleassures for Mick Taylor in the 60s, he told me that personally.

For those who are new here at the board I do recommend to check our space for Jimi Hendrix and the Rolling Stones Jimi like a Rolling Stone, it was updated some weeks ago.

Wow, the Jimi Hendrix and Stevie Ray Vaughan hythm sections!! Does anybody in California is planning to attend? Please tape it!!!
08-20-02 01:23 PM
Staffan The SRV rythm section really sucks, IMHO! I think they sound very dull and boring. I also think SRV is very egoistic in his playing. But, to hear MT play with Hendrix old mates would be awesome!!!!
08-20-02 01:28 PM
jb Is Noel redding still around...he and Mitch Mitchell were awesome. I like the way Lenny kravitz tries to rip off Hendrix...
08-20-02 01:31 PM
sirmoonie
*[putting index finger in mouth, pushing cheek slightly outward, then quickly releasing finger from mouth such that a "pop" sound effect is audible]*

*[making wanking off motion with right hand]*

Can't. You. Hear. Me. Knocking. Help me baby, ain't no stranger......
08-20-02 01:40 PM
Tom
quote:
Staffan wrote:
I also think SRV is very egoistic in his playing.

SRV passed away long time ago

08-20-02 01:44 PM
padre Yeah, SRV's playing is really egoistic. He's been playing up there with a great band for ten years and haven't released nothing from those sessions! Dammit, he's keeping it all to himself! Any boots available from there?
08-20-02 01:52 PM
jb I saw SRV in Gainesville at Univ. of Florida circa 1983 and this cat was absolutely fantastic! The dude had what appeared to be a well -worn guitar and played as I imagine his idol, Jimi H. would have. Very sad to lose a gift like SRV...
08-20-02 02:00 PM
Martha

I have a friend in LA and asked him if he would go and tape...don't hold your breath but I'll try to get him to do it.

Will let you know.
08-20-02 04:09 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Staffan wrote:
But, to hear MT play with Hendrix old mates would be awesome!!!!

Sorry to tell you this but Mick will be backed up by SRV rhythm section. For me this is great, that was a very good rhythm section.

08-20-02 09:15 PM
Prodigal Son I don't find it egoistic. Is it cause he plays so much and so flashy? I don't really give a damn cause he is beyond awesome. Mick Taylor is great, but even he couldn't do in his prime what SRV did. But if Mick T. is a preferred or favourite guitarist for someone it's okay. But don't anyone consider him more talented, amazing, appealing or better at touch or speed on guitar. SRV is one of the best blues and rock guitarists ever. As a lead player. As rhythm players go, Keef is the best followed by guys like Pete Townshend (he can really strum like a madman). But SRV ain't bad at all to me.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road