ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Aussie fans - Jet CD is coming Return to archive
08-18-03 08:09 PM
Daethgod those fellow Aussies who saw the 3 melb shows would have seen new Melbourne band Jet.
Their CD is coming next month, I am listening to an advance copy of it right now, and all Stones fans are gonna dig it !

Info : http://jetmusic.co.uk.artists.warner.de/hp

i enjoyed em opening for the Stones, even tho i spent most of their set thinking " ... hurry up, i wanna see da Stones !"

08-18-03 08:19 PM
Daethgod bit more info on the CD :

The band's album travels through the Stones-splattered blues-rock of 'Get What You Need', to the sun-soaked Lennon-esque charm of 'Lazy Gun' and 'Look What You've Done'. Then there's the song that's been causing some commotion of late, 'Roll Over DJ'. A one-fingered salute to dance DJs, set over a rhythm section that Moon and Entwistle would have been proud of. This is an album full of quality, full of melody and full of those indescribable feelings that you get when you hear goddamn great rock 'n' roll.

'Get Born' was recorded in LA's Sunset Sound studios with Dave Sardy (Hundred Reasons, Dandy Warhols, Supergrass) both producing and mixing the album. This is the band's first recorded work with a producer and their current bassist Mark Wilson. The prodigious Billy Preston (Rolling Stones, The Beatles, Johnny Cash) plies his inimitable trade by playing keyboard on two tracks; 'Come Around Again' and 'Roll Over DJ'.

08-19-03 06:09 AM
fmk438j