ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: eels in LA (nsc) Return to archive
08-16-03 05:26 AM
mac_daddy Well, it wasn't the Stones in Amsterdam, but I caught the Eels locally. They put on a solid show, about 2 hours long, including a couple of encores that I thought would never end...

As fate would have it, I walked in with Phil Jackson. I knew he was into some hip sh*t, but I would never have guessed that I would see him there - but he was, and he was giggin' too - he really got into the show

I am listening to the DAT I pulled now
08-16-03 08:03 AM
Steel Wheels Eels are a great band. I just read an interview that High Maintenance magazine did with the lead singer E.

http://www.highmaintenance.org/

The one guy who's with the mag is a big Stones nut - their second issue he ripped apart Bare Naked Ladies and mentioned Mick and Keef a few times along the way.
08-16-03 12:29 PM
mac_daddy I couldn't find the interview on the site, but it looks like a nice, upstart indie rag. is it more or less a local mag?

they put on a very good show, and the tape I pulled sounds pretty good!

too bad I missed the fourth encore. I thought they were done, the house lights were up, the house music was playing through the PA, and as I am walking out, some guy says over the PA: "The Eels have left the building...not!" and the band came back and I guess played two more tunes (I was pissed that I had closed up my gear and was not getting this last encore - I never miss that sh*t, or run out of tape or batteries - rookie moves), so I walked out, went across the street to the Frolic Room, had a few shots of Patron, and went home.
08-18-03 08:34 AM
Steel Wheels Sounds like a good show. The magazine is local for now, but will go national with their next issue.

There's also a George Harrison article reviewing his latest. The third issue is a fun read so far. I may order a second copy and send it off to my friend.
08-18-03 11:17 AM
mac_daddy the show fits on two discs, and I would be happy to take trade offers for it from any Rocks Off members who are interested...