Love Train
Cant you hear me knockin'
Honky Tonk Women
Satisfaction
When the whip comes Down (b-stage)
IORR (b-stage)
Brown sugar (b-stage)
Jumpin' Jack Flash (encore)

Thanks to Billy Boll, who raved about it saying it was a lot better than the Munich arena show he'd seen and the whole band were on top form, with Ronnie especially nailing "Cant you hear me knockin'"
08-15-03 07:00 PM
Boomy 1)How many times have they played "Loving Cup"?

2)Love Train is back!
08-15-03 07:57 PM
hmps on this tour or overall?
08-15-03 08:28 PM
Boomy On this tour..I knew I forgot to narrow it down.
08-15-03 08:44 PM
Angiegirl They only did Love Train et all to be able to overdub MSG HBO on some points for DVD. They probably won't use Love T as it didn't work in Holland/doesn't work in Europe as it does in the US, lol.

It was a great show tonight!!! Mark and I were at 4th row Ronnie's side and it's as close as a club show, we could see all non verbal communication etc. GREAT!! Ronnie was back 2nite, thank god. After 2 bad stadium shows for Ronnie he was doing a great job. This time it was Keef who wasn't really there musically. I've seen a worse Keef, but he wasn't there. Ronnie was covering, so was Mick. Mick was amazing again like always.

It was a tough day, we were at Ahoy at 8.30am (got up @ 6 am!!), very hot burning son, very tiring. Inside they lead people to Keefs side, and left Ronnie's side empty... Very big mess, lots of running and pushing. The Dutch aren't that civilized .

We're worn out, it's after 2.30 am and in a 'few' hours Vredenburg!!! So we have to get some rest for the club people.

Please, someone, try to get a pic of Mick during Love T tonight....he looked like a freak! Hat, sunglasses, white waist coat with sort of jewelry. My God, the tears ran down my face when he came out looking like that! It's priceless...Did he used to look like that during LT in the US too?????? Great night, great laughs, great crowd.

PS: Loving Cup was great to hear, but awfully played, too bad. Sweet Virginia was somewhat out of tune, but good anyway, Rocks Off was great, Whip was very messy. Slipping was great.

Angie & Mark signing off.
08-15-03 09:48 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Angie - yes, yes he did. Hat, suit, outfit - he looked like quite the pimp. All he needed was the cane.

Glad to hear our boy Ronnie's back. It tends to be whenever they play "Can't You Hear Me Knocking" he gets his 'game face' on.

Hrmm.

I'm gonna actually check that out. I'm gonna reference every show that had "Can't You Hear Me Knocking" and measure it up to the reviews given to aforementioned show. I think you'll find that if Ronnie is warned beforehand that he's going to be out there, pretty much on his own, for three-and-a-half minutes, that he gets serious.

If only they played it fucking more often!

-tSYX --- Big bayou, carry me home...
08-15-03 09:48 PM
McQueen Mick looking terribly beautiful, no?

Incredible, that one.

Enjoy the club!
08-15-03 11:01 PM
Child of the Moon
quote:
TheSavageYoungXyzzy wrote:
I'm gonna actually check that out. I'm gonna reference every show that had "Can't You Hear Me Knocking" and measure it up to the reviews given to aforementioned show. I think you'll find that if Ronnie is warned beforehand that he's going to be out there, pretty much on his own, for three-and-a-half minutes, that he gets serious.

That's an intersting idea, tSYX. I'd like to know, myself. Maybe that's the key that's been missing these past ten years or so... Ronnie hasn't been up to par because CYHMK wasn't in the sets! Just imagine what could have been...
08-16-03 06:34 AM
luxury1 ooooh, I like this set list.!!!!

Angie--thanks for all your reviews. You;ve done a great job checking in for us here on RO and SHidoobee.
08-16-03 07:04 AM
hotlicks SO MAYBE I DON'T HAVE TO WORRY SO MUCH-GREAT SETLIST-THANKS GAZZA>
08-16-03 11:36 AM
L&A I really enjoyed the show after the classic setlist from the stadiums. We arrived at 6:30 am and still got good places.

Best (my opinion ):
- Toots as warm-up
- Great setlist: Street fighting man, Monkey Man, Rocks Off, Cant you hear me knockin' (Mick and Ron did a fantastic job), When the whip comes Down...
- Mick and Charlie are amazing, as usual !

Worst (my opinion ):
- I think Keef can't play anymore
- Bobby's solo during CYHMK, out of tempo
- Bad sound in Ahoy
- Those pushing Dutch, lol
- Mick's coat during Love Train
- I didn't see Angie, Mark and Rik this time

See you next time at Wechter !

Luc
PS: salut, Karim
08-16-03 02:56 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
L&A wrote:
- Mick's coat during Love Train

Isn't that thing *HIDEOUS*? He really looks like a refugee from the seventies with that thing on.

-tSYX --- 'Cuz too many cooks, they spoil the soup!
08-17-03 10:53 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
L&A wrote:
- I didn't see Angie, Mark and Rik this time

Angie and I were at Ronnie's side 4th row. Security fucked up everything, so the fact that we got there was just a matter of luck.
08-17-03 03:41 PM
hayo This was one of the best concerts I'v ever seen of the stones.
Great show overall and nice songs played too.
Loving Cup, Sweet Viginia and Rocks Off were great.
I was on the b-stage and the sound was fantastic the whole night long.
08-17-03 03:49 PM
Moonisup Hayo,

you nauty boy!!

you where standing right next to my dear buddy Chuck L, you wanted to stand over there, and not with us!!!!
08-17-03 04:53 PM
L&A
quote:
hayo wrote:
I was on the b-stage and the sound was fantastic the whole night long.

Yes, that's strange Hayo (a-h-o-y ), my friend was standing near the b-stage, also telling me the sound was ok. I was closer to the front stage, really disappointed by the low quality of sound...
08-18-03 07:22 AM
montana
08-19-03 04:31 AM
bootcover Pics taken by Wicky

08-19-03 04:37 AM
bootcover And 1 of me selling ice cream LOL