ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

The O² Arena, London, August 2007
© (while we get some pix of tonight's show)
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: i'm looking for Loving Cup sheet music Return to archive
18th August 2007 11:33 AM
airbag884 Hi

I really want to learn to play Loving Cup from Exile on Main St on my piano, but I can't find the sheet music anywhere. i've looked all over the internet for a rolling stones music book or a site with the music on it but cant find anything.

can anybody help???

best wishes

tim
18th August 2007 12:12 PM
mrhipfl I only found the chords:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/r/rolling_stones/loving_cup_crd.htm
18th August 2007 12:35 PM
Lord (Hetero) The chords for the verses are right. In the chorus when you go to the F - C - G part it is good to have the note G riding through the whole passage. C and G have it anyway but add the 9th to the F chord too (i.e. G)
But the bridge is different than it is in that link.
Em
Feel so humble with
D
you tonight
C
Just sitting in front of the
G
fire
Bb
see you face dancing in the flame
Bb
Feel your mouth kissing me again
Bb
What a beautiful buzz

What a beautiful
D
buzz

What a beautiful
C
buzz

What a beautiful
G
buzz

Repeat the D-C-G part 2 more times before going into the
C
Yes I am nitty gritty...

The reason I had to space it so weird is because once you post it with the chords spaced properly they always slide all to the beginning of the line.

Those are the basic chords but obviously Nicky is all over the place on the song. I have never seen sheet music for the runs he does. But they sound pretty standard scales. Nicky (like Mick Taylor) had this great gift of using very straight notes and applying them so beautiful. Plus both those guys were so technically clean that they make listening to them always nice.
[Edited by Lord (Hetero)]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)