ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

The O² Arena, London, August 2007
© (while we get some pix of tonight's show)
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Major addition to Gram Parsons' discography Return to archive
16th August 2007 03:17 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Major addition to Gram Parsons' discography
Jazz News
Aug 16,2007

Amoeba Records will release a major addition to Gram Parsons' discography with 'Gram Parsons Archives Vol. 1: The Flying Burrito Brothers "Live" at the Avalon 1969', due October 30th from the newly formed label. The two CD, 27-track set includes a number of never-before-heard -- though long rumored -- rarities.

Gram Parsons, leading the Flying Burrito Brothers, opened for the Grateful Dead April 4, 5 and 6, 1969 at the Avalon Ballroom in San Francisco. The April 4th show has never been heard in any form. The bonus disc is the April 6th show. For years these tapes were rumored to exist and were finally unearthed in the Grateful Dead vault. The shows were recorded by the legendary sound engineer Bear (Owsley Stanley), and are the highest quality Gram Parsons live material available.

Amoeba Records, started by the owners of the revered independent record store of the same name, is launching with the August 28 release of smoky-voiced singer and songwriter Brandi Shearer's 'Close to Dark.' The album is co-produced by Larry Klein, known for his work with Joni Mitchell and Madeleine Peyroux, among others.

Rarities on 'Gram Parsons Archives Vol. 1: The Flying Burrito Brothers "Live" at the Avalon 1969' include Gram's unique choice of mainly country standards, which are not on any other official Gram Parsons recording.

16th August 2007 03:54 PM
Ronnie Richards Cool!
16th August 2007 04:14 PM
Chuck Thanks for the heads-up. I downloaded a torrent of the April 6th show a while back. I can't wait to hear this one.
16th August 2007 05:04 PM
Saint Sway I'm so excited I rubbed ice cubes on Joey's nipples and let him type this!!!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)