ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

The O² Arena, London, August 2007
© (while we get some pix of tonight's show)
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Favorite 60's psychedelic bands. Return to archive
16th August 2007 03:00 PM
guitarman53 We've had just about every other Favorite class of bands/Artists, how about 60's psychedelic bands? the top would have to be to me Pink Floyd, Syd Barret version, I never liked The Greatful Dead, when you're on acid & somebody's playing Country music for 20 minutes, come on! I never liked the band, to me they don't represent Psychedelic music, Alice Cooper's first album "Pretties for you" is more psychedelic then The Greatful Dead ever were, they got stuck with the name, the first time I did acid in '69, I was playing "Pretties For You" & Tommy by the who, I also played Pink Floyd's "A Saucerful full of secrets" anyways what is your fav. all time Psychedelic Band? mine is.
Pink Floyd.
13th Floor Elevators.
Big Brother & Holding Co.
Jefferson Airplane.
Country Joe & The Fish.
Early Alice Cooper Band (not the sorry excuse he is today)
Mothers of Invention.
Chocolate Watchband (a Stones imitation with Psychedelic music)
Moving Sidewalks.
Just about every band on early Zappa's label.
Caption Beyond.
There are one hell of a lot of bands I can't remember right now from the 60's, but I'm sure someone else will remember, so if you were once a acid head, or still are, how about feedback?
16th August 2007 03:08 PM
steel driving hammer
Zed Leppelin
16th August 2007 03:16 PM
mojoman
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:
We've had just about every other Favorite class of bands/Artists, how about 60's psychedelic bands? the top would have to be to me Pink Floyd, Syd Barret version, I never liked The Greatful Dead, when you're on acid & somebody's playing Country music for 20 minutes, come on! I never liked the band, to me they don't represent Psychedelic music, Alice Cooper's first album "Pretties for you" is more psychedelic then The Greatful Dead ever were, they got stuck with the name, the first time I did acid in '69, I was playing "Pretties For You" & Tommy by the who, I also played Pink Floyd's "A Saucerful full of secrets" anyways what is your fav. all time Psychedelic Band? mine is.
Pink Floyd.

13th Floor Elevators.
Big Brother & Holding Co.
Jefferson Airplane.
Country Joe & The Fish.
Early Alice Cooper Band (not the sorry excuse he is today)
Mothers of Invention.
Chocolate Watchband (a Stones imitation with Psychedelic music)
Moving Sidewalks.
Just about every band on early Zappa's label.
Caption Beyond.
There are one hell of a lot of bands I can't remember right now from the 60's, but I'm sure someone else will remember, so if you were once a acid head, or still are, how about feedback?

saucerful is a cool album but i thought ummagumma was more out there. so many bands released psych material i dig satanic majesties alot it really doesnt get its due as a great from that era. other discs that are on my list

soft machine volume II
electric ladyland
nortorius byrd brothers
anthem of the sun
sailor
after bathing at baxters

16th August 2007 03:26 PM
mrhipfl Steve Miller

teehee

I never really got into the Psychedelic scene too much. I like Hendrix and the Creation. Sgt. Pepper's good too.
16th August 2007 03:28 PM
guitarman53 Oh, Yes, "Bathing At Baxters" I remember the album cover with a airplane flying with pot plants out of it, I loved this album.
16th August 2007 03:33 PM
gimmekeef Used to get ripped and listen to an album by a group called..."Ultimate Spinach"....song was called Mind Flower.
16th August 2007 03:43 PM
steel driving hammer
16th August 2007 04:07 PM
guitarman53 Great! I'm an old I guess you would call a Hippie, from the late 60's, I've been a musician most of my life (guitar) I really hate to make in better words, today's music, really sucks!!I think today music lost it's way somewhere, I don't know where, but it's lost it's point & purpose! when I was young, Rock 'N' Roll was nice to wake up to, now what do we have! I don't have to answer those questions! everybody's who's in their 50's, knows, Rock 'N' Roll sucks, except for a good night on the Stones tour, I mean for a good night in the sense that The Stones are great! I think Keith has to face unless he changes, (the rest of the band are
great)
this is the end of the band, since somebody told me about The Ed Sullivan Show where the singer has "Liver Lips, there's a blond guy with bags over his eyes, & blond hair covering his face, there's a drummer who looks like he's half asleep, this was the Rolling Stones I've Loved, I've got nothing against The Stones, but if Keith doesn't smarten up(too bad the old keyboard, Stu, wasn't around)it would make him smatren up!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)