ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

The O² Arena, London, August 2007
© (while we get some pix of tonight's show)
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: weatherforecast Ireland Return to archive Page: 1 2
15th August 2007 03:15 AM
albert And the weather forecast is:

Thursday: another breezy, cool day, with sunny spells and scattered showers.

Friday: will be a bright day for most places with some hazy sunshine and just the odd scattered shower, but increasing cloud will bring some rain into the Southwest later in the afternoon. That rain will affect all of the country overnight, heavy in places.

Saturday: will start cloudy and damp, but drier weather will get into Ulster and Connacht, later in the day, and into more southern parts overnight.

Sunday: will be a mostly dry, bright day in all areas, with sunny spells and just a few showers. Top temperatures in the mid to high teens throughout, and it will be breezy at times.

Ireland and Holland looks alike (concerning the weather, that is........)

grt,
Albert
Holland
15th August 2007 07:11 AM
Gazza
quote:
albert wrote:
Saturday: will start cloudy and damp, but drier weather will get into Ulster and Connacht, later in the day, and into more southern parts overnight.

Slane is in Leinster, not Ulster or Connacht though.
here's hoping it wont piss down.
15th August 2007 07:24 AM
PartyDoll MEG If it did "piss down" it would make for some really good photos of all of you!!! I'm all about the entertainment value here...
15th August 2007 08:34 AM
Gazza
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
If it did "piss down" it would make for some really good photos of all of you!!! I'm all about the entertainment value here...

Fair enough.

I get pneumonia and cant make it to London - you dont get to the last 2 shows as I have your tickets.

And if I just get the cold, you get sneezed on for 6 days.

be careful of what you wish for and pray for good weather!
15th August 2007 08:54 AM
PartyDoll MEG Oh I just wanna see you in your wellies..wear them anyway and send a photo, OK?

No...I wish for sunshine..no germy Gazza for me...too much money tied up in those tickies....
15th August 2007 11:30 AM
Saint Sway The forecast for the day of the show calls for an early period of drunken debauchery, with a high chance of excessive Guiness numbering in the high teens. Soon followed by massive crowding. Expect a definate period of suckage during the opening act. With bathroom lines reaching unbearable conditions. But once the show starts theres a 10% chance of very light sprinkling of cool tunes quickly followed by heavy period of war horses throughout the remainder of the evening.

There is a weather advisory in effect for Gazza, Glencar and other fair skinned alcoholics attending the show. All of which are advised to wear sunblock and adult diapers.

[Edited by Saint Sway]
15th August 2007 11:41 AM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:

here's hoping it wont piss down.

It used to piss down on us every single night in the 'Nam

Shiver ...................

Ho Chi Joe
15th August 2007 11:44 AM
Gazza
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Expect a definate period of suckage during the opening act.

With four opening acts, there could well be more 'suckage' than would be expected even in a remake of 'Deep Throat'.....
15th August 2007 11:46 AM
Joey " With four opening acts, there could well be more 'suckage' than would be expected even in a remake of 'Deep Throat'..... "

< ---- Christ , that is UNBELIEVABLE Postin'

15th August 2007 11:57 AM
Saint Sway that is posting on loan from god

Rule # 127 why this place rules is because the administrators are quite often sillier than the inmates (See: Voodoo underwear photos)

[Edited by Saint Sway]
15th August 2007 12:36 PM
Joey
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
that is posting on loan from god

Rule # 127 why this place rules is because the administrators are quite often sillier than the inmates (See: Voodoo underwear photos)

Agreed Sway .......... Indeed , it is " Miracle on ICE Postin' "

YES !!!!!!

15th August 2007 01:05 PM
mojoman "Its raining Guinness"
15th August 2007 03:28 PM
albert
quote:
mojoman wrote:
"Its raining Guinness"

Oh Oh a dream (nightmare??) come true..............
15th August 2007 03:35 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
mojoman wrote:
"Its raining Guinness"

best Guinness EVER!!

fuck, they need to make Guinees/Stones shirts for this.

glencar has a killer Stones/Ireland t-shirt. I'm sure he's gonna score another cool one this trip. Probably the lone reason he went. Lucky bastard!
15th August 2007 04:36 PM
mojoman
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

best Guinness EVER!!

fuck, they need to make Guinees/Stones shirts for this.

glencar has a killer Stones/Ireland t-shirt. I'm sure he's gonna score another cool one this trip. Probably the lone reason he went. Lucky bastard!

i thought that mick was in wid da guinness folks?
15th August 2007 06:07 PM
Joey
quote:
mojoman wrote:
"Its raining Guinness"

Concur !!!!

15th August 2007 06:13 PM
Saint Sway did Joey dip his dick in that pint of Guinness?????
15th August 2007 06:58 PM
mojoman
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

best Guinness EVER!!

frig yeah!!!
15th August 2007 07:32 PM
Gazza http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/EIXX0013_f.html

bring your raincoats.....
15th August 2007 08:06 PM
glencar Just when I had finished packing!
15th August 2007 08:19 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
glencar wrote:
Just when I had finished packing!

Have a good time, Glenny!!!

I'll think of ya as I am waiting "hours" at JFK-lol!!!
15th August 2007 08:34 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:

Have a safe trip. Hope to bump into you saturday
15th August 2007 09:01 PM
mojoman
quote:
glencar wrote:

An Old Raincoat Won't Ever Let You Down
16th August 2007 01:33 AM
glencar
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Have a good time, Glenny!!!

I'll think of ya as I am waiting "hours" at JFK-lol!!!

PM me your flight info & if I am working, you'll not wait too long, God willing!
16th August 2007 01:33 AM
glencar
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Have a safe trip. Hope to bump into you saturday

We shall "bump"! I'm bringing my new digital camera too!
16th August 2007 01:40 AM
robpop
quote:
glencar wrote:
We shall "bump"! I'm bringing my new digital camera too!

Are you going to Ireland? Sorry, I ahve not been on line much this week (long hours at the office). If so have a safe trip you lucky bastard!!! I would say have a good time but that is a given.

Cheers.
16th August 2007 07:06 AM
Jeep From Irish Independent :

Stones rolling in...but bring your wellies

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/stones-rolling-inbut-bring-your-wellies-1059555.html

By Elaine Keogh
Thursday August 16 2007

BRING your wellies and double your travelling time to see the Rolling Stones at Slane Castle on Saturday. That is the advice from gardai and concert promoters MCD.

It seems our summer washout has ensured that plans to put in extensive drainage across the 22-acre site were brought forward and expert landscapers have finished their work.

Event safety officer Michael Slattery said yesterday that all the car parks will be assessed in light of the weather and a hard surface will be put in at all entry/exit points if needed.

The traffic management plan for the concert has been altered slightly since the last concert at Slane in 2004.

The main difference is that the majority of the cars will travel via the M1 motorway to dedicated car parks on the N51, the Drogheda-Slane road.

No buses will be allowed to travel towards Slane from Drogheda. Traffic diversions will operate on that route from Dolly Mitchell's pub on the east of Slane to Wickers Cross on the west.

On the N2 south of Slane, the diversion will be at Kilmoon Cross and on the north side at Daly's Cross, just north of Collon.

Traffic on the M1 from Northern Ireland will be diverted onto the N2.

There are designated parking areas and disembarking points for Dublin Bus and private bus operators, which will be signposted.

There is no official camping and no casual trading permitted.

Some 460 gardai will be on duty for the event.

"The primary focus is on the traffic arrangements," said Superintendent Kevin Donohoe.

His advice is not to drive and to instead travel by bus.

An emergency route will be clearly signposted and a field hospital staffed by eight doctors, 10 nurses and 16 emergency medical technicians will be on site.

The intense rainfall has also prompted Slane Castle owner Lord Henry Mountcharles to give a personal warning about the River Boyne which runs through the estate and at the rear of the stage.

"The flow in the river is more severe than at any time I have ever seen in my life. Please stay away from the Boyne - it is a dangerous river and we have had casualties before," he said.

The 70,000 tickets for concert have sold out with the exception of a small number of VIP tickets. All VIP tickets include a grandstand seat. "Pack your wellies in the boot if you are driving and our strongest advice is to leave a lot of time," said MCD spokesman Justin Green.

"The gates are opening earlier this year so come for the day and arrive early."

MCD is also advising ticket holders to use public transport.

Opening act Frankie Gavin is due on stage at 2.30 and the Rolling Stones will begin their performance at 8pm.

- Elaine Keogh

16th August 2007 07:50 AM
PartyDoll MEG I sure hope you guys don't get this!!

But I sure would be interested in seeing your stylish wellies!!

16th August 2007 07:53 AM
PartyDoll MEG Glenny, sent you PM with info. But you will still be in Ireland on Sunday!!! Maybe pass it on to a friend-"Do not cancel last British Airways flight"!!!!
16th August 2007 11:04 AM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:

bring your raincoats.....

I always have condoms at the ready .

ALWAYS !!!!!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)