ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

The O² Arena, London, August 2007
© (while we get some pix of tonight's show)
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: A GLIMMER OF AN ARENA TOUR IN 2008? Return to archive Page: 1 2
14th August 2007 02:57 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

In a since deleted post, we were asked by several prominent members of Rocks Off to not address each other on this board as we obviously despise each other. I believe it was deleted before you read it.

this begs the question:

if a pity post about Pug whining for mercy falls in the woods and no one sees it, does it count?

[Edited by Saint Sway]
14th August 2007 03:05 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

oh jeez, have you been whining to the administrators again?

thats sad. You realize that I handle you with kid gloves as it is, dont you?

Make whatever judgments you would like to make. Simply stated, I have too much better to do than to get into a pissing match on a message board. I have realized that winning an argument or "war" on a board is the equivalent of me beating my 3 year old in a game of horse. (see: what is there really to gain from it?) Things got real personal and quite a bit out of hand this weekend on Rocks Off between a few posters and it opened my eyes to see that it really isnt worth it. Whats sad is that it took me so long to realize that, not your so called "kid gloves"

While it pains me, I wish you nothing but success in your "real world" and hope you find peace.
14th August 2007 03:11 PM
Saint Sway thanks Pug!

I'll take that as a green light to continue to mock you

of course, for entertainment purposes only. Because I think you're such a swell guy.
14th August 2007 03:23 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
thanks Pug!

I'll take that as a green light to continue to mock you

of course, for entertainment purposes only. Because I think you're such a swell guy.

I'll make sure I let it bother me when I get home tonight (after the maid service leaves) and navigate through my 5800 square foot under ac home to make my way to my large cedar deck to enjoy a cold Heineken Light and a cigar overlooking the pond and state park behind my home whilst watching my young children play on their wonderful new swingset with winding tube slide only to whisk them inside to sit at the table just off the "chef's kitchen" to enjoy a fantastic homecooked meal after which we will adjourn to the game room where my wife and I will either play air hockey or shoot pool as the children play with their three level train set (see: Cubs game playing in the background in the media room hopefully where the Cubs will be down 6-9 runs after Zambrano has a meltdown in the first inning).

Keep this in mind when you are passed out in your parents basement on that all too familiar pool table in a drug induced haze.

Mock away, it will truly hurt.

Thank you, you make me realize that it's good to be me....
14th August 2007 03:34 PM
SweetVirginia
14th August 2007 03:34 PM
Gazza Enough, guys. Try and at least keep THIS thread on topic. Theres enough flaming on here of late.
14th August 2007 03:40 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Enough, guys. Try and at least keep THIS thread on topic. Theres enough flaming on here of late.

I had requested that and offered peace and yet your little buddy decides to post pictures from a website of a company I represent, quite appropriate. The problem is not with me my friend.

pdog posted a very well written and thought out post regarding the flaming on this board and I must say I took it to heart. Sadly, everyone else didn't.
14th August 2007 03:49 PM
Saint Sway sing it Janis!

14th August 2007 03:52 PM
Gazza I've already deleted one post you made after I told you to knock it off

Dont push it
14th August 2007 06:39 PM
polytoxic
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Interesting, although thats not how I've heard things in recent days. Without going into much more personal detail, what I was told was that Charlie, having been through what he has endured 3 years ago, dreads the thought of retirement, seeing it as some form of slippery slope. He's quite happy to continue working.

I've also heard that Scorsese ISN'T too happy with 'Shine A Light' at all. I think there's still going to be a bit more to-ing and fro-ing before this project sees the light of day. If it does.

I would still be amazed if the Stones ever publicly announced in advance a 'final' show. That said, as an event it would be quite a potential cash grab - but thats still not as much $$ as they could continue to rake in from short bursts of touring every year.

My own personal opinion is that they'll all be quite happy to remain an active touring band to some degree. The main issue though (only in my opinion, I've no personal or inside 'insight' into this) is Keith's health. It is quite possible from what I've read elsewhere that these 'aberrations' he's had could be temporary, but it's surely at a stage where his lifestyle combined with his recent medical history is going to affect his ability to function as a consistent performing musician for much longer. If he can get that shit sorted out, it's quite feasible that they will have some mileage left in them.

I like this scenario much, much better myself. Imagine...Charlie, who used to hate touring now feels he can't do without it. Ronnie, who was a drunken mess ends up successfully on the wagon. Mick, who always kept the Stones at bay with other projects, seems to be wrapping up his solo career with a best-of. If Keith, if he can just pull back on his drinking and take care of himself enough to get anywhere near his 92-95 level, convinces Mick to ditch stadiums in favour of more intimate venues....(shit, I just creamed myself).
Oh dear, my dream tour could actually happen before they pack it in.
I know they feel an obligation to keep employing all the people that they do, so who knows... maybe they read Keith the riot act and that got twisted into the story I heard. I certainly like that notion better. Hopefully we'll know more in September after it all wraps up. But Gazza, I like what you heard so much better. so much better.
[Edited by polytoxic]
14th August 2007 11:34 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
polytoxic wrote:

I like this scenario much, much better myself. Imagine...Charlie, who used to hate touring now feels he can't do without it. Ronnie, who was a drunken mess ends up successfully on the wagon. Mick, who always kept the Stones at bay with other projects, seems to be wrapping up his solo career with a best-of. If Keith, if he can just pull back on his drinking and take care of himself enough to get anywhere near his 92-95 level, convinces Mick to ditch stadiums in favour of more intimate venues....(shit, I just creamed myself).
Oh dear, my dream tour could actually happen before they pack it in.
I know they feel an obligation to keep employing all the people that they do, so who knows... maybe they read Keith the riot act and that got twisted into the story I heard. I certainly like that notion better. Hopefully we'll know more in September after it all wraps up. But Gazza, I like what you heard so much better. so much better.
[Edited by polytoxic]

Exactly. Seems Keith is the "X-Factor" here. I'm not expecting miracles as far as his substance abuse goes. I'll just be happy if his health improves head-wise. Then, who knows, maybe the old boy's got some miles left on him after all. *fingers crossed*
16th August 2007 05:31 PM
GotToRollMe Just bumping this so it's easy for LJ to find when she gets home today.
16th August 2007 05:54 PM
LadyJane
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
Just bumping this so it's easy for LJ to find when she gets home today.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bless you dear GTRM.

As luck would have it, our lovely SV texted me this info whilst I was on vacation. Impeccable timing I might add. I was strolling through Portsmouth NH with my entire family and after my Uncle had heard his request of "Over the Rainbow" by a street musician, I, to the chagrin of my eye-rolling cousins, requested a Stones tune.

Ruby Tuesday was played on a dulcimer.
I receive text and begin screaming in the Ice Creme shoppe.

Alas, it began.
"Aren't they too old?"
"Haven't you seen them ENOUGH?"
"Who is texting you???"

Ahhhh......had to explain that my "other family" was in need of my attention.

Great news. I forsee a small arena tour to promote Shine A Light.

Go Charlie!!!!

LJ.
16th August 2007 05:57 PM
SweetVirginia All of our families have come to understand our "Stones Family"!

Welcome back, P.

SV

16th August 2007 05:58 PM
Poison Dart I don't want another tour so soon.

It seems the Stones play around here more than the Red Sox do.

I want a new cd with a legit producer.
16th August 2007 06:05 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Great news. I forsee a small arena tour to promote Shine A Light.

Go Charlie!!!!

of course I'm putting the cart in front of the horse, but I think an arena tour might allow them to loosen that tired set list some and play some deeper cuts. I dunno... maybe...

obviously a lil arena tour will be stupid fun, but if not, then I think this "Shine A Light" will serve as a proper coda. The trailor looks amazing. It'll make a nice going away gift.

16th August 2007 06:12 PM
GotToRollMe Indeed, good to have you back, LJ! I just knew you'd love this news.
16th August 2007 06:40 PM
Joey " Has there ever been a single day here at Rocks Off where Pug didnt get schooled?? "

17th August 2007 05:43 AM
Moonisup why isn't marti impressed with shine a light?
17th August 2007 07:35 AM
Gazza
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
I don't want another tour so soon.

It seems the Stones play around here more than the Red Sox do.

My wallet is screaming "NO FUCKING WAY!" again and whilst I understand what you're getting at, the "not so soon" thing isn't really an option at this stage. There simply isnt enough mileage left to allow for long sabbaticals anymore.
[Edited by Gazza]
17th August 2007 07:44 AM
Moonisup well, if they tour next year in the USA, I hope they'll shake up the setlist, and I hope they tour Europe too, some small shows, Ahoy, Bercy etc.
17th August 2007 11:18 AM
Martha PLEASE come back to the States! I NEED you!

Okau, I hope that seals the deal!

LOL

xxoo,
MM
17th August 2007 11:36 AM
Joey " There simply isnt enough mileage left to allow for long sabbaticals anymore. "

< ----- www.Sprintcenter.com

Yes Lil' Buddy ( Lil' Fijikins )

17th August 2007 11:47 PM
gotdablouse Arenas ? That would work for me since I pretty much vowed not to attend stadium shows anymore after the disappointment of Pacbell 2002 followed by wonder of Oakland Arena 2002.

So what's Keith been up to lately to warrant all these worried comment ?
18th August 2007 12:00 AM
mojoman
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
Arenas ? That would work for me since I pretty much vowed not to attend stadium shows anymore after the disappointment of Pacbell 2002 followed by wonder of Oakland Arena 2002.

So what's Keith been up to lately to warrant all these worried comment ?

that oakland 02 was killer....heart of stone
18th August 2007 11:17 AM
gotdablouse RIght I had forgotten that one, the one that struck me was Ain't too proud to beg and When the Whip on the B-Stage, the boys 10 feet away from me ! I wonder if I ever got hold of a tape of that show...
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)