ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

The O² Arena, London, August 2007
© (while we get some pix of tonight's show)
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stade Olympique de la Pontaise, Lausanne 11th August 2007 - Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
11th August 2007 04:36 PM
Gazza Yep..they played Miss You at the Swiss show in Basle last year, so thankfully they decided to change it. I think this show has 9 different songs from last year's show.

Anyway

15. HTW - back to main stage
16. Sympathy
17 Paint It Black

"Keith fucked up the intro to HTW. Otherwise he's played fine although Ronnie carries the show...unlike Cologne last year when it was the other way 'round..")

very good solo by Keith on 'Sympathy' though ...
[Edited by Gazza]
11th August 2007 04:39 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Dammit I've got to pack.

Gazza..I am leaving for vacation early tomorrow morning, so please email the info for the Wembley shows asap. If you can't just be aware that I'll be without internet until Friday.

LJ.

Enjoy your vacation, LJ!
11th August 2007 04:45 PM
Gazza

(AP Photos/Keystone, Laurent Gillieron)

(REUTERS/Denis Balibouse)

(AP Photo/Keystone, Dominic Favre)

11th August 2007 04:45 PM
Gazza 18 JJF
11th August 2007 04:50 PM
Gazza 19 BROWN SUGAR as encore.

Thanks again to Bart for the updates.
11th August 2007 04:54 PM
LadyJane
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Respectable!!

A change on the B stage!!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...

EXCELLENT.

You WILL see changes.

LJ.
glencar There's no imagination to these set lists. I hope I'm not saying that exactly 1 week from now!
GotToRollMe

All Photos: Associated Press

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
11th August 2007 04:55 PM
PartyDoll MEG Thanks, Gazza!!!!! and Bart too!
11th August 2007 04:56 PM
LadyJane
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Respectable!!

A change on the B stage!!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Excellent.
You WILL see changes!
No Miss You...very nice.

LJ.
11th August 2007 05:03 PM
Gazza Ten minute version of 'Brown Sugar' to finish, apparently!
11th August 2007 05:08 PM
GotToRollMe

Photos: Getty Images
11th August 2007 05:11 PM
Gazza Very nice
11th August 2007 05:15 PM
montana another one from yahoo!

11th August 2007 05:15 PM
Bitch

A RESPECTABLE amount of fans filled the stadium! NICE add to the B Stage!

It's always a great setlist when BITCH opens up!!
da da da da da da da da da da DADA!!!
[Edited by Bitch]
11th August 2007 05:17 PM
fireontheplatter great songs today

i really like the airel photos of the stage and crowd......just brillient.

a 10 minute brown sugar!!!! works for me

way to go stones.
11th August 2007 05:17 PM
glencar Am I the only one hoping for It's All Over Now at Slane?
11th August 2007 05:22 PM
GotToRollMe

Photos: isifa

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
11th August 2007 05:26 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
Am I the only one hoping for It's All Over Now at Slane?

No. I'd take anything but that IORR/Satisfaction/HTW rut that theyve been stuck in for the last month.

Always liked "Its all over now". Enjoyed it in Lisbon on the b-stage. ...(even though the sound was all over the place despite the fact we were about 10 feet away...)

IORR on the way out to the b stage is OK, though. Anything but 'Miss You', although as Ireland didnt get a show last year, I reckon the b-stage will be the usual fare.
11th August 2007 05:34 PM
mojoman
quote:
glencar wrote:
There's no imagination to these set lists. I hope I'm not saying that exactly 1 week from now!

just your imagination
11th August 2007 05:36 PM
mojoman
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

Photos: isifa

[Edited by GotToRollMe]

beautiful photo's!!! thanks for posting those. thanx also to bart and gazza!!!
11th August 2007 05:39 PM
glencar
quote:
mojoman wrote:

just your imagination

Fear!
11th August 2007 05:42 PM
GotToRollMe Two more aerial shots from AP:

11th August 2007 05:43 PM
glencar No tarp anywhere!
11th August 2007 05:51 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Gazza wrote:

LOL...Keith's really been pulling some faces lately.
11th August 2007 06:07 PM
Thru and Thru I love to see Keith dressed all in black, looks super cool IMO!
11th August 2007 06:12 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Thru and Thru wrote:
I love to see Keith dressed all in black, looks super cool IMO!

Thru and Thru you must visit THIS thread. Trust me!

http://novogate.com/board/968/236005-1.html

LJ.
11th August 2007 08:48 PM
mrhipfl Just got back from the show!

OMG!!!! AWESOME!!!!!!
Full review and pictures to follow after my lap top charges a bit!
11th August 2007 09:21 PM
mrhipfl OK first of all, the opening band was the biggest piece of crap I have ever heard.

But the Stones completely rocked. I don't even know where to start. Keith was the same as last year, he had a blast and played very well. As did Woody. Mick was way more avtive this year than last year, the dude's a fuckin' machine. He never stops to catch his breath. And Charlie, well "he kept on drumming."

Start me up - very solid version, but it wasn't loud enough at the very beginning. The crowd was very into it. I didn't really dig Ronnie's solo.

YGMR - again solid version with a great solo by Keith. By this time the sound was louder and the concert was in full swing.

Rough Justice - Rawer than last year I gotta say. Keith took the first solo and rocked it. Ronnie's solo smoked too. Mick screwed up some of the words.

4. Bitch - very good version and great lead by Keith. It was sloppier than the last time I saw it. (Tampa '05)

5. Love is strong - definite highlight. Mick played the harp very well, and Keith's Tele was loud, twangy, and well-played.

6. YCAGWYW - The crowd got way more into it this year. The crowd in general was a good one. Ronnie's solo smoked.

7. Rambler!! OMG!! It was the first time I experienced it live, and it was everything I hoped it would be and more. I had chills during the whole song. Very tight version and a very nice jam in the middle

IGC- Lisa stole the show. It was like a bomb went off when she sang it. Tight version, but not a lot of guitars which is a bummer.

TD - very very groovy version. I love this song and think it should be used as an encore once in a while. Ronnie's solo and Keith's outro were flawless.

Intros - I notied Bernard and Woody dressed well. Mick called Keef a sex machine.

YGTS - very powerful vocals and great guitar. It brought a tear outta me because it was one of my mm's favorite songs.

Hold you - nice solo, but not much else played. Singing was good.

IORR - a highlight once again. crowd very into it and great berryesque guitar by Keef.

Respectable - OUCH! That thing was on fire. Awesome awesome guitars and very powerful Mick.

Satisfaction - crowd and Mick went nuts. everyone was crazy into it. Keef's solo was a good one.

HTW - it took Keith and Charlie a while to get into a good groove, but once they did, it was smooth sailing.

Sympathy. The crowd was very into it, but I say the guitar solo was very lame and sloppy.

PIB - first time for me, another highlight. Very powerful drums and the crowd was very into this one as well. Mick sang good.

JJF - Same as always, it rocked hard.

BS - I don't understand how Mick does it. He runs from one side to the stage to the other and back and then again. He even ran down the catwalk all the way down to the b-stage. The dude's an incredible machine. Long version with a correct intro.!!

All in all, my favorite show of the three I've seen.
Damn I love these guys. Pictures to follow either in a couple of minutes or after some sleep.
11th August 2007 09:27 PM
mojoman
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
OK first of all, the opening band was the biggest piece of crap I have ever heard.

But the Stones completely rocked. I don't even know where to start. Keith was the same as last year, he had a blast and played very well. As did Woody. Mick was way more avtive this year than last year, the dude's a fuckin' machine. He never stops to catch his breath. And Charlie, well "he kept on drumming."

Start me up - very solid version, but it wasn't loud enough at the very beginning. The crowd was very into it. I didn't really dig Ronnie's solo.

YGMR - again solid version with a great solo by Keith. By this time the sound was louder and the concert was in full swing.

Rough Justice - Rawer than last year I gotta say. Keith took the first solo and rocked it. Ronnie's solo smoked too. Mick screwed up some of the words.

4. Bitch - very good version and great lead by Keith. It was sloppier than the last time I saw it. (Tampa '05)

5. Love is strong - definite highlight. Mick played the harp very well, and Keith's Tele was loud, twangy, and well-played.

6. YCAGWYW - The crowd got way more into it this year. The crowd in general was a good one. Ronnie's solo smoked.

7. Rambler!! OMG!! It was the first time I experienced it live, and it was everything I hoped it would be and more. I had chills during the whole song. Very tight version and a very nice jam in the middle

IGC- Lisa stole the show. It was like a bomb went off when she sang it. Tight version, but not a lot of guitars which is a bummer.

TD - very very groovy version. I love this song and think it should be used as an encore once in a while. Ronnie's solo and Keith's outro were flawless.

Intros - I notied Bernard and Woody dressed well. Mick called Keef a sex machine.

YGTS - very powerful vocals and great guitar. It brought a tear outta me because it was one of my mm's favorite songs.

Hold you - nice solo, but not much else played. Singing was good.

IORR - a highlight once again. crowd very into it and great berryesque guitar by Keef.

Respectable - OUCH! That thing was on fire. Awesome awesome guitars and very powerful Mick.

Satisfaction - crowd and Mick went nuts. everyone was crazy into it. Keef's solo was a good one.

HTW - it took Keith and Charlie a while to get into a good groove, but once they did, it was smooth sailing.

Sympathy. The crowd was very into it, but I say the guitar solo was very lame and sloppy.

PIB - first time for me, another highlight. Very powerful drums and the crowd was very into this one as well. Mick sang good.

JJF - Same as always, it rocked hard.

BS - I don't understand how Mick does it. He runs from one side to the stage to the other and back and then again. He even ran down the catwalk all the way down to the b-stage. The dude's an incredible machine. Long version with a correct intro.!!

All in all, my favorite show of the three I've seen.
Damn I love these guys. Pictures to follow either in a couple of minutes or after some sleep.

thank you mrhipfl
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)