ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

The O² Arena, London, August 2007
© (while we get some pix of tonight's show)
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick Jagger.com's forum is shut down (Update - new album release info) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
9th August 2007 01:22 AM
glencar Don't Call Me Up & Don't Tear Me Up? Hmmm...
9th August 2007 01:22 AM
glencar Interesting that they selected the worst song off of Primitive Cool.
9th August 2007 04:30 AM
gotdablouse Yes, "Throwaway", "Say You Will", "Kow Tow", "Primitive Cool" or "Party Doll" would have been MILES better. I guess Mick still doesn't think that LW is beneath him...
[Edited by gotdablouse]
9th August 2007 08:41 AM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
Interesting that they selected the worst song off of Primitive Cool.

You're not getting away THAT lightly. That horrific video for it is included on the 'bonus' DVD.

People have been shot for less....
9th August 2007 08:45 AM
speedfreakjive 'the best of him is very good indeed'

ROTFLMAO
9th August 2007 03:56 PM
BILL PERKS I WOULD HAVE INCLUDED TOO FAR GONE & BLUE
JOY IS TERRIBLE
9th August 2007 03:58 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
I WOULD HAVE INCLUDED TOO FAR GONE & BLUE & BLIND LEADING THE BLIND
JOY ,LET'S WORK ARE TERRIBLE

9th August 2007 04:01 PM
voodoopug
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
I WOULD HAVE INCLUDED TOO FAR GONE & BLUE
JOY IS TERRIBLE

The only MJ solo release that is even in the same league of bad as "Joy" is "Let's Work". This is a low point artistically for any artist and an outright humiliation in MJ's case.
9th August 2007 06:10 PM
texile 'distinguised solo career' -
that throws me off right there.
i'll buy for too many cooks...
and maybe the wandering spirit outtake,
seriously, i love the man...but no one bought his shit then - why now?
9th August 2007 06:42 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

I did not know that!

Yep, also used in ancient Rome. It's been around virtually forever.
9th August 2007 06:44 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Gazza wrote:

It's the opposite, I would have thought. Hence the word 'destroy' above it. Such punk t-shirts were quite common in the late 70's.

Yes, this is a classic case of Mick looking "punk."
9th August 2007 07:20 PM
texile out of focus, too far gone....
those two beat ANYTHING from primitive cool or she's the boss...(and i shudder at the memory of that one...)
9th August 2007 10:29 PM
Mel Belli All in all, a pretty embarrassing anthology. There's no there there.

Truth is, Mick should have explored the solo option long before he actually took the plunge. He wasn't exactly at his, shall we say, creative peak in 1985 (though I'd say he recovered surprisingly well in the ensuing years).

It's obvious when you think about it -- Lennon and McCartney had successful solo careers because they quit the band when they were young men. Imagine if Mick had made an entire album of "Memo From Turner"s.
10th August 2007 03:35 PM
texile
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

It's obvious when you think about it -- Lennon and McCartney had successful solo careers because they quit the band when they were young men. Imagine if Mick had made an entire album of "Memo From Turner"s.

excellent point....
in a 1973 interview after the release of goats, he actually talked about doing solo stuff - mentioning people like dr. john, mick taylor etc.... as collabrators.
it would have been interesting to see what would have came out of that...
you're right, jagger's creative juices went sour after undercover - recouped later but only sporadically.
10th August 2007 03:52 PM
gimmekeef In the 60's when Mick was learning to write songs..he went with his instincts...Blues based rock..Once he gained status I believe he feared losing it so much that he began writing songs he thought people wanted to hear.Trendy current styles and lost his own flair....Even more evident in his solo stuff I believe....
11th August 2007 04:18 AM
gotdablouse Yep, stoppped breaking new ground for sure...

Gazza mentioned a bonus DVD with the LW video, a joke or is there actually going to be a bonus DVD ?
11th August 2007 02:30 PM
Gazza
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
Yep, stoppped breaking new ground for sure...

Gazza mentioned a bonus DVD with the LW video, a joke or is there actually going to be a bonus DVD ?

1. God Gave Me Everything
2. Put Me In The Trash
3. Just Another Night
4. Don't Tear Me Up
5. Charmed Life
6. Sweet Thing
7. Old Habits Die Hard
8. Dancing In The Street
9. Too Many Cooks
10. Memo From Turner
11. Lucky In Love
12. Let's Work
13. Joy
14. Don't Call Me Up
15. Checking Up On My Baby
16. (You Gotta Walk And) Don't Look Back
17. Evening Gown

Special Edition with DVD:

1. Mick Interview
2. God Gave Me Everything /video
3. Just Another Night /video
4. Sweet Thing /video
5. Let's Work /video
6. Lucky In Love /video
7. Don't Tear Me Up /video
8. Dancing In The Streets /video
9. Excerpts from Being Mick
10. Memo From Turner from Performance
11. Don't Look Back from Saturday Night Live

(Copied from a post Soldatti posted on IORR. Maybe he forgot to post it here)
11th August 2007 04:40 PM
glencar
quote:
Gazza wrote:

You're not getting away THAT lightly. That horrific video for it is included on the 'bonus' DVD.

People have been shot for less....

BONUS DVD?!? Hot shit! I'm in!
11th August 2007 04:43 PM
glencar
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

The only MJ solo release that is even in the same league of bad as "Joy" is "Let's Work". This is a low point artistically for any artist and an outright humiliation in MJ's case.

Joy is that bad? I like the music. The lyrics/singing are...lacking.
11th August 2007 04:47 PM
Moonisup a best of?

with bono and let's work?

this is the end, must be
[Edited by Moonisup]
11th August 2007 04:56 PM
glencar The end is in sight.
11th August 2007 04:57 PM
Moonisup Where is josh when you need him!
11th August 2007 05:01 PM
glencar He's posting non-stop at shidoooobbbbeeee.com.
15th August 2007 08:04 PM
GotToRollMe Mick Jagger to release 'forgotten' duet with John Lennon

By ANI
Wednesday August 15, 11:13 AM

London, August 15 (ANI): Legendary singer Sir Mick Jagger is set to release a duet with late Beatles star John Lennon.

The song, titled 'Too Many Cooks (Spoil the Soup),' was recorded by the pair over 30 years ago and will feature on Jagger's new compilation album 'The Very Best of Mick Jagger'.

The track, which features Mick Jagger on vocals, Lennon on guitar and Ringo Starr on drums, was recorded in Los Angeles in 1973, and was produced by Lennon.

The song never received a public release at the time, but fetched 1,400 pounds at an auction in London in 2003.

And Jagger, who worked on the track with Lennon, now wants to officially release it to delight eager fans.

"Apparently, Mick had forgotten about the song for a number of years," says an industry insider. But thanks to the auction, some people got to hear it again and it sounded good," the Daily Express quoted an insider, as saying.

"Mick and John were good mates and this is obviously a genuine piece of rock history. Mick's clearly decided it's fitting to include it on the album so that fans can finally have it in their collections," the insider added.

The album is due to be released in October.

Link: http://in.news.yahoo.com/070815/139/6jgxi.html

16th August 2007 08:38 PM
CousinC Come on, this compilation is not so bad !
I hat Lets work as well but it was a single. And there is some good stuff on it!
If Too many cooks weren't present many people would grumble that he missed the chance.
I would exchange 2 or 3 songs (+ more from his best W. Spirit) , but you can see he put some thoughts into it!
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)