ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

El Ejido according to local witness Stoning!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones can't give away tickets Return to archive Page: 1 2
18th August 2006 02:45 PM
ExileInLA If you have a valid student ID, you can get a discount on some seats at some venues (Boston).

This is just sad. Tickets went on sale how many days ago and there are SO many fucking seats available?

I laugh at those that paid over $125 dollars for seats. SHEEP!!!
18th August 2006 02:52 PM
pdog Only a few shows will be real sellouts!
18th August 2006 02:58 PM
CraigP I paid about $63 each. My g/f's first Stones show.

I wish I had known of this student ID thing.
[Edited by CraigP]
18th August 2006 03:34 PM
voodoopug I had seen this a few weeks ago....I really can't even put this into words......We should all be embarrased!
18th August 2006 03:40 PM
jb
quote:
ExileInLA wrote:
If you have a valid student ID, you can get a discount on some seats at some venues (Boston).

This is just sad. Tickets went on sale how many days ago and there are SO many fucking seats available?

This show is not selling well (see also Giants, Soldiers Field, and many others).
18th August 2006 03:42 PM
Some Guy Once they get back to America and the hype machine kicks in gear, the sheep will show up, even if they have to announce this as a final tour. The sheep will flock!!
18th August 2006 03:47 PM
purrcafe
quote:
ExileInLA wrote:

This is just sad.

Not quite sure why so many ring the death knell for the band when the facts just don't bear them out. I may be incorrect, but I believe that the Stones were the top grossing act this year, and I believe that (as usual) they made an utterly astounding amount of money off the tour thus far. The old saying about loving to see that your idols have feet of clay is proven time and time again. The shows will end up selling just fine. The Stones are timeless and for as long as they choose to tour, there will be an audience.
18th August 2006 03:54 PM
jb
quote:
purrcafe wrote:

Not quite sure why so many ring the death knell for the band when the facts just don't bear them out. I may be incorrect, but I believe that the Stones were the top grossing act this year, and I believe that (as usual) they made an utterly astounding amount of money off the tour thus far. The old saying about loving to see that your idols have feet of clay is proven time and time again. The shows will end up selling just fine. The Stones are timeless and for as long as they choose to tour, there will be an audience.

Thanks so much!!!
18th August 2006 04:28 PM
gimmekeef Hopefully they realize that only the hard core fans will be there..and therefore change the setlists early and often as a way to spur sales....but I'm doubtful....
18th August 2006 07:21 PM
purrcafe
quote:
jb wrote:

Thanks so much!!!

But, you know, the Stones really haven't been any good since Dick Taylor left the band!
18th August 2006 07:26 PM
Poplar
Dick Cavet played with the Stones?
18th August 2006 07:43 PM
Paranoid_Android Let us not forget that along with the student discounts...in UK they are offering a pensioner's discount too...that would be the senior discount to you yanks!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=401097&in_page_id=1773
[Edited by Paranoid_Android]
18th August 2006 09:26 PM
Steel Wheels I scored three seat for my Atlantic City birthday show. I'm seeing the Stones. Two of my seats were 60 bucks! I gave 'em to my parents. 120 bucks as a thank you.

Why do ticket sales worry some people? Is it because some people want what they like to be popular? If that's the case, then Britney Spears or whatever teen pop tart of the month should be the focus, not the Stones.

I for one only care about: is Keith's guitar ready? Does Charlie have a comfy seat and two sticks? How's Mick's voice tonight? Does Ronnie have nible fingers tonight?

Ok all is good. Let's rock!
18th August 2006 09:32 PM
Poplar While i stand by my recet ticket price rants, nice thoughts SW.
18th August 2006 11:46 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
purrcafe wrote:

Hear, hear!

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
19th August 2006 08:29 AM
ExileInLA spin it anyway you like, the stones can't fucking sell seats on this tour. if you show up the day of the show they will be giving these seats away like flyers.
19th August 2006 09:20 AM
nankerphelge Could it be that people aren't getting anything in rteurn.

Seriously -- even a cheap nite out with the Stones -- two tix in reasonable seats, a hotel for the night, a T-shirt and some food and drink -- can you do it for $500 -- maybe.

MAYBE?!

For me, I figure now a Stones show is a $1000.

I usually get pretty good tickets, a nice hotel for a night or two, a lot of incidentals and often plane fare. It isn't always a grand, but I just budget that much to be sure.

Howe many times can you do that for a set list that is (and has been since 1975) 85% the same?

I do it because it's my band.

But other than a few of us mutants -- who else is filling those seats?

A few people that have never seen them before.

As Yogi Bera once said, if everyone wants to stay home, nobody is gonna stop them!

19th August 2006 09:33 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Could it be that people aren't getting anything in rteurn.

Seriously -- even a cheap nite out with the Stones -- two tix in reasonable seats, a hotel for the night, a T-shirt and some food and drink -- can you do it for $500 -- maybe.

MAYBE?!

For me, I figure now a Stones show is a $1000.

I usually get pretty good tickets, a nice hotel for a night or two, a lot of incidentals and often plane fare. It isn't always a grand, but I just budget that much to be sure.

Howe many times can you do that for a set list that is (and has been since 1975) 85% the same?

I do it because it's my band.

But other than a few of us mutants -- who else is filling those seats?

A few people that have never seen them before.

As Yogi Bera once said, if everyone wants to stay home, nobody is gonna stop them!

It's not that people aren't getting anything in return. The Stones (and Jagger in particular) always give you bang for your buck. It's the buck part that's the problem. You hit it right on the head with that, and I think it's about as obvious as anything can get: They've been charging way too much for tickets. People are sick of it. Most of their fans cannot afford $450 (not including TM charges, tax, and God forbid you have to travel or even get a hotel - then you're talking well over a grand (as you pointed out).
Michael Cohl has run this into the ground, and the Stones are at fault for going along with it.

I personally know several people who aren't going to the fall shows because of the ridiculous ticket prices. They could charge a flat price of $100 for every ticket, first-come-first served, and sell out every show. If they want to continue to tour, they're going to have to do it differently from now on. It's all well and good that Cohl pulled them out of the hole that Klein dug for them, but it's time to reward their loyal fan base with a worthy next record and an affordable tour, and go out in the blaze of glory they so rightfully should.

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
19th August 2006 03:01 PM
purrcafe
quote:
ExileInLA wrote:
spin it anyway you like, the stones can't fucking sell seats on this tour.

It's more like, you spin it any way you like. The final tour receipts and attendance figures will tell the tale, indisputably. Until then, there is no reason whatsoever to believe that this tour will not equal the success of, what, every tour they've ever done?
19th August 2006 04:02 PM
LadyJane They have saturated certain markets and priced themselves out of most people's league.

I am OUT OF MY MIND for spending the money I do. And all I do is go further and further into debt.

So I guess it's my fault as well.

BUT....BUT.....life is so damned short.

Seeing my Stonesian Friends is SO important to me.

I spend a great deal of time here.....and meeting you guys/gals is just incredible. The bond we have is so strong and I believe I've made some of the greatest friendships of my life right here.

Then that damned Band. Those two hours.........and knowing it's gonna end soon..........I do it. I have to.

It's MY Band.

That said....bring on Chicago and Atlantic City.

LJ.

19th August 2006 04:35 PM
gorda Well, I guess I'm lucky, because I live close enough to San Francisco and Oakland, that I can just drive there and don't need to rent a hotel room.

But, the thing I don't understand is why do they do always do the shows on Sunday or a weekday? Because most people have to work the next day. It's hard getting up in the morning when you've only slept a few hours. (And, calling in sick is not always an option.)

Why can't they do the show on a Friday or Saturday?

Also, I don't like the stadium shows. Too disorganized. I prefer an arena show.

If the Stones do an arena show in San Jose on a weekend, I will definitely go to the show.

But, a stadium in Oakland on a Sunday night? Nah!

Not worth it. I'll be too tired the next morning!
19th August 2006 04:51 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat I predicted this over a year ago.
19th August 2006 05:26 PM
Joey
quote:
ExileInLA wrote:

Mick Taylor's Fingers :

They make me quiver
When they deliver.
I's cry a river
With Me Gin soaked Liver
Whilst the notes , they slink and they slither .

---- The Joey , date unknown

Thank You All -- I Love You !!!!!!!

Kins !

19th August 2006 06:29 PM
ExileInLA why do you people pay so much to see these guys?

the band shows up, puts on a show and they go home at the end of the night having made hundreds of thousands of dollars. what do you get? you get a fat credit card bill and tainted memory of a show you thought was great, but was in fact mediocre at best.

why do you do it to yourselves? it's not worth it anymore. $1000 budget for a concert? that's ludicrious. whatever happened to dropping the price of a show, a show that should be between 50 and 75 a ticket, and calling it a night? fuck these guys for doing this to us. i'm glad the seats aren't selling. it will make them think twice before touring again on a miserable record with a drunken guitar player that always seems two cities behind where they actually are.
20th August 2006 06:30 AM
corgi37 Man, what fucking time machine have you crawled out of? It aint 1969. If people cant afford to go, who cares? Ya'll were whining about them coming/not coming back to the U.S., and now that they are, ya'll are whining again.

And, guess what? High ticket prices and they better, just better, change the set list.

Guess what? They wont. Next tour, if there is one (i doubt it myself) expect to pay (now dig this) even more!

And, no, they wont do 20 minute jazz/blues fusion numbers or obscure tracks from Satanic Majesties. And yes, Start me up will be performed.

And yes, i will be there.
20th August 2006 12:44 PM
ExileInLA it doesn't have to be 1969 to pay about $100 for a show. I think even that is a bit pricey. This is just dumb. $1000? you guys are ridiculous. this isn't even a good version of the stones.
20th August 2006 01:22 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle Ticket limit for the AC show has been changed.
Yesterday it was 8, now the drop down box goes to 50.

If you're looking for a dozen $450's, they're holding Sec 121 Row B just for you.
Need twenty? Sec 307, Row A for $250 each.

Still no $60's or $99's, though.
20th August 2006 06:15 PM
Joey
quote:
ExileInLA wrote:
with a drunken guitar player that always seems two cities behind where they actually are.

Actually , you just made young Joey laugh like Hell .

I have got my eye on you this week .

20th August 2006 06:46 PM
purrcafe Undoubtedly the band will end their career humiliated, playing to sparse crowds in small clubs, not as a special treat for their fans but as a necessity. How else to pay the rent on the small studio apartments they will all undoubtedly be forced to relocate to due to the flocking of their once loyal fan base to younger, more relevant acts.
20th August 2006 06:58 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
purrcafe wrote:
Undoubtedly the band will end their career humiliated, playing to sparse crowds in small clubs, not as a special treat for their fans but as a necessity.

Yeah, right.

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)