ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

El Ejido according to local witness Stoning!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: panic for rolling stones Return to archive
18th August 2006 01:24 PM
Lethargy Panic for rolling stones:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=401097&in_page_id=1773

Hate to say it, but they finally did it to themselves.
The ticket prices are finally so absurd that it has
affected sales dramatically. They always seemed to know
where the sweet spot was (even though it always felt like
we were getting screwed).

This time, they're finally getting what they deserve.
18th August 2006 01:34 PM
Poplar
ugh - one thread of this is enough.
18th August 2006 01:38 PM
Gazza Its actually an exaggeration and a bit of journalistic mischief making - certainly as far as Twickenham is concerned

The Twickenham shows are almost sold out. The article refers to the wankers who bought up tickets the day they went on sale (primarily in the AMEX sale where you could buy 12 instead of the normal 6) and put them on e-bay thinking they could make a killing, but misjudged the market entirely as well as being totally ignorant to the fact that they werent that great tickets for the price (B section for £150 is horrendously overpriced for what you get and almost impossible to sell on for face value) as well as the fact that with the multiple presales, postsales and last minute ticket releases that is the norm for every Stones show, means that youre always going to be able to find a ticket somewhere - especially for a stadium gig.

The Stones have sold about 98-99% of the tickets for the Twickenham shows. The only people losing out are the wannabee ticket touts whose idiocy is leading them to have a collective brown haemorrhage in their underwear as theyve just suddenly realised that they fucked up.

And I'm fucking laughing at their stupidity and greed.

The provincial shows however in Glasgow, Sheffield and Cardiff have seen Cohl and co show their complete ignorance of UK living standards and the gullibility of people to allow themselves to be forced to buy seated tickets just so the Stones can jack up prices by about 40% for the second tour in a row. You could get away with that shit in a city like London where theres simply far more disposable income going around, but not anywhere else.

As for the headline - "hundreds" of unsold tickets in a stadium that holds 55,000 is hardly tantamount to grounds for a "panic". Typical Daily Mail bullshit.
[Edited by Gazza]
18th August 2006 01:41 PM
Poplar
When and where do we lynch Cohl?
18th August 2006 01:46 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Poplar wrote:

ugh - one thread of this is enough.

I agree. Sir Moonie should delete his thread.

Stones are the greediest bastards ever. Fuck em. I hope they play to half empty venues.
18th August 2006 01:53 PM
Poplar
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I hope they play to half empty venues.

Agreed.
And if we think this article is embarassing, wait till the press gets wind of whats happening in NY/Boston/Chicago.
18th August 2006 02:58 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Poplar wrote:

Agreed.
And if we think this article is embarassing, wait till the press gets wind of whats happening in NY/Boston/Chicago.

I've had enough.

This will be the 1st show that the Stones have played in Giants Stadium that I will not be in attendance for. First shows in Boston since the opening night in '03 that I am not travelling there for.

I refuse. $500 for a stadium show is a ripoff.

especially to seem the same tired songs. I think most people feel this way.

I've got the money. I just dont want to blow it on them anymore. Definately not for a stadium greatest hits show. I may plop down for Bill at the Beacon. But no way I'm dropping another $500 for them in a football field. Saw 8 ABB shows. I'm done.

They are beyond my favorite band. I love going to the shows. But they've bled me dry. I've spent enough $$$$ on this band. I'm not going back to see the same repeated show.
18th August 2006 02:59 PM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

I've had enough.

This will be the 1st show that the Stones have played in Giants Stadium that I will not be in attendance for. First shows in Boston since the opening night in '03 that I am not travelling there for.

I refuse. $500 for a stadium show is a ripoff.

especially to seem the same tired songs. I think most people feel this way.

I've got the money. I just dont want to blow it on them anymore. Definately not for a stadium greatest hits show. I may plop down for Bill at the Beacon. But no way I'm dropping another $500 for them in a football field. Saw 8 ABB shows. I'm done.

They are beyond my favorite band. I love going to the shows. But they've bled me dry. I've spent enough $$$$ on this band. I'm not going back to see the same repeated show.

I think we are all a bit disappointed by how this is ending..but it certainly comes as no surprise.
18th August 2006 03:15 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:

I think we are all a bit disappointed by how this is ending..but it certainly comes as no surprise.

true. I predicted it. I also predicted:
• Keith falling off a stump.
• Student discounts.
• Mick's laringitis
• fans plunging kamikaze-style out of the upper tiers during "Night Time"
18th August 2006 05:12 PM
Some Guy Hey, why don't you go down to the supermarket
Get something to eat, steal something of the shelves
Pass by the liquor store
Be back about quarter to twelve
18th August 2006 05:25 PM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Hey, why don't you go down to the supermarket
Get something to eat, steal something of the shelves
Pass by the liquor store
Be back about quarter to twelve

What you up to this weekend....
18th August 2006 05:27 PM
Some Guy
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:

What you up to this weekend....

grilling, yardwork, painting.
sup wit jew?
18th August 2006 05:29 PM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

grilling, yardwork, painting.
sup wit jew?

Goin on a date tonight with this chick named Brittany, taken her to Olive Garden, word....everyone do the Pee Wee Dance!

18th August 2006 05:34 PM
Some Guy You can't go wrong with Olive Garden I suppose.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)