ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

El Ejido according to local witness Stoning!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: JB - please interpret this for me! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
18th August 2006 03:38 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
WHy must there be a summit suggested for every show in which many fans are traveling to see? I am sure many would enjoy quiet time with their inner circle of family and friends....I recall there were several riffs that came from previous summits that have not been repaired (see C10, NYC, CHI).

Is it really worth the risk?

Many will not be attending Chicago and this will be sold out....it makes sense!!!
18th August 2006 03:39 PM
pdog
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
WHy must there be a summit suggested for every show in which many fans are traveling to see? I am sure many would enjoy quiet time with their inner circle of family and friends....I recall there were several riffs that came from previous summits that have not been repaired (see C10, NYC, CHI).

Is it really worth the risk?

The actions of a few, didn't come close to ruining anything. They just provided us with punchlines.
NOTHING, I mean NOT A FUCKING THING! Can compare to hearing As Tears Go By, while standing with LJ, after all she had been through with her parents. Her emotion was so intense, so pure, I felt it and my eyes swelled with tears too.
18th August 2006 03:49 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
pdog wrote:

The actions of a few, didn't come close to ruining anything. They just provided us with punchlines.
NOTHING, I mean NOT A FUCKING THING! Can compare to hearing As Tears Go By, while standing with LJ, after all she had been through with her parents. Her emotion was so intense, so pure, I felt it and my eyes swelled with tears too.

I felt her emotion all the way up in the "limited view" area
18th August 2006 03:53 PM
LadyJane Awwwwwwww......there were many tears at MSG when that song was played.

Well time to go visit Dad in the Nursing Home and Sunday is Mom's birthday......first one since I lost her.

I'm a little down...and yet again, I have a wonderful show with all my friends to look foward to.

Dammit...here come the tears.

I'll never forget the kindness of RO/Couch/Shidoobee. Never.

thank you.

LJ.
18th August 2006 03:54 PM
jb
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

I felt her emotion all the way up in the "limited view" area

That's very emotional.
18th August 2006 03:57 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
jb wrote:

That's very emotional.

Our thread has been hijacked with good will. We must return it to gloom and doom. We are, after all, completely fucked.
18th August 2006 04:03 PM
jb
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Our thread has been hijacked with good will. We must return it to gloom and doom. We are, after all, completely fucked.

Maybe we can talk about Zionists and Hezbollah?
18th August 2006 04:05 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
jb wrote:

That's very emotional.

The seats were actually not that bad...I did, however, overpay for them...but I bought them from Frankie Peppers and I didn't think it right to haggle with a fellow board member
18th August 2006 04:12 PM
jb
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

The seats were actually not that bad...I did, however, overpay for them...but I bought them from Frankie Peppers and I didn't think it right to haggle with a fellow board member

MSG shows can be tough....the pre-parties can even be tougher.
18th August 2006 04:16 PM
Poplar
I can do AC because of the fucked-up price scheme for this tour. Vegas is it for me. We're fucked.

how's that, jb?
18th August 2006 04:17 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
jb wrote:

MSG shows can be tough....the pre-parties can even be tougher.

I still harbor some ill towards you for not showing in Charlotte...I waited upwards of an hour amongst a gaggle of day-glo Shidoobees for your arrival...finally, my brother said "fuck that jewish fuck"...and so we left
18th August 2006 04:19 PM
jb
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

I still harbor some ill towards you for not showing in Charlotte...I waited upwards of an hour amongst a gaggle of day-glo Shidoobees for your arrival...finally, my brother said "fuck that jewish fuck"...and so we left

I went to the Charlotte NC show!!! I was with my son and we sat 2nd row, Ronnie's side. I did not attend any preparties.
18th August 2006 04:21 PM
Poplar
quote:
jb wrote:
I went to the Charlotte NC show!!! I was with my son and we sat 2nd row, Ronnie's side. I did not attend any preparties.

I was about 20 feet to your left, man. Great fuck'n show.
18th August 2006 04:28 PM
jb
quote:
Poplar wrote:

I was about 20 feet to your left, man. Great fuck'n show.

An iuncredible show indeed..I was sitting near this beast and I knocked over the entire row trying to get Mick's H20 bottle..lol!!!
[Edited by jb]
18th August 2006 04:32 PM
Poplar
what i liked about that one: consistant energy from start to finish. some shows seem to lag (not surprisingly, towards the warhorse finale when it gets so routine). I recently noticed how I usually just listen to disk 1 of later-day stones shows, and maybe the b stage part of disk two. The charlotte show had pep all the way through. wish there was a recording of that one.
18th August 2006 04:33 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
jb wrote:

Yes...well the Shidoobee pre-party was extraordinarily lame...beer was warm and the cops were using the pub as their base of operations

I thought the energy at that Charlotte show was fantastic...objectively speaking, it was better than MSG or any other show I've attened this tour...perhaps it was because it was the first concert ever in their new arena

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
18th August 2006 04:34 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Poplar wrote:

what i liked about that one: consistant energy from start to finish. some shows seem to lag (not surprisingly, towards the warhorse finale when it gets so routine). I recently noticed how I usually just listen to disk 1 of later-day stones shows, and maybe the b stage part of disk two. The charlotte show had pep all the way through. wish there was a recording of that one.

That's exactly the way I saw it...for whatever reason, that place was electric...outside before the show was a blast...quite festive

I have looked for a boot but none has ever surfaced

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
18th August 2006 04:34 PM
jb
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Yes...well the Shidoobee pre-party was extraordinarily lame...beer was warm and the cops were using as the pub as their base of operations

I thought the energy at that Charlotte show was fantastic...objectively speaking, it was better than MSG or any other show I've attened this tour...perhaps it was because it was the first concert ever in their new arena

Beautiful red brick "old school" arena. Much better show than MSG as far as performance.
[Edited by jb]
18th August 2006 04:40 PM
Poplar
quote:
jb wrote:
Beautiful red brick "old school" arena. Much better show than MSG as far as performance.
[Edited by jb]

i flew back to Charlotte (my hometown) for that opening night. The whole thing was magic... the most dancing I've ever done at a Stones show. I was worn out for a week. Add to that the fact that the Stones also broke teh cherry on our (soon to hold super bowl champions) football stadium in Charlotte with that KILLER Babylon show. The best stadium bootleg from that tour, by far.

Charlotte: Home of later-day Stones excellence. I love it!
18th August 2006 04:50 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Poplar wrote:

i flew back to Charlotte (my hometown) for that opening night. The whole thing was magic... the most dancing I've ever done at a Stones show. I was worn out for a week. Add to that the fact that the Stones also broke teh cherry on our (soon to hold super bowl champions) football stadium in Charlotte with that KILLER Babylon show. The best stadium bootleg from that tour, by far.

Charlotte: Home of later-day Stones excellence. I love it!

I know your neck of the woods...I am from about an hour and 1/2 north of there
18th August 2006 04:54 PM
Poplar i miss home sometimes. Charlotte/NC is great.

back on topic: Stones are finished
18th August 2006 05:03 PM
Some Guy There is a Carolina Panthers cup on my desk in my upstairs office that I am looking at right now. I kept it after the Charlotte show 97! I hate the Panthers, I may need to remove it.
18th August 2006 05:12 PM
Poplar
Atlanta vs. Carolina ... week one.
It's on Some Guy!!!!!
18th August 2006 05:14 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Poplar wrote:

Atlanta vs. Carolina ... week one.
It's on Some Guy!!!!!

...Now I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country. Men, all this stuff you've heard about America not wanting to fight - wanting to stay out of the war, is a lot of horse dung. Americans traditionally love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle. When you were kids, you all admired the champion marble shooter, the fastest runner, big league ball players, the toughest boxers. Americans love a winner and will not tolerate a loser. Americans play to win all the time. I wouldn't give a hoot in hell for a man who lost and laughed. That's why Americans have never lost and never will lose a war, because the very thought of losing is hateful to Americans. Now, an army is a team - it lives, eats, sleeps, fights as a team. This individuality stuff is a bunch of crap... Now, we have the finest food and equipment, the best spirit, and the best men in the world. You know, by god, I actually pity those poor bastards we're goin' up against. By god, I do. We're not just gonna shoot the bastard, we're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy Hun bastards by the bushel. Now, some of you boys, I know, are wondering whether or not you'll chicken out under fire. Don't worry about it. I can assure you that you will all do your duty. The Nazis are the enemy. Wade into them, spill their blood, shoot them in the belly. When you put your hand into a bunch of goo that a moment before was your best friend's face, you'll know what to do. Now there's another thing I want you to remember. I don't want to get any messages saying that we are holding our position. We're not holding anything. Let the Hun do that. We are advancing constantly and we're not interested in holding onto anything except the enemy. We're going to hold onto him by the nose and we're gonna kick him in the ass. We're going to kick the hell out of him all the time and we're gonna go through him like crap through a goose. Now, there's one thing that you men will be able to say when you get back home, and you may thank god for it. Thirty years from now when you're sitting around your fireside with your grandson on your knee, and he asks you: 'What did you do in the Great World War II?', you won't have to say: 'Well, I shoveled s--t in Louisiana.' All right, now you sons-of-bitches, you know how I feel and I will be proud to lead you wonderful guys into battle anytime, anywhere. That's all.

18th August 2006 05:16 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

...Now I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country. Men, all this stuff you've heard about America not wanting to fight - wanting to stay out of the war, is a lot of horse dung. Americans traditionally love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle. When you were kids, you all admired the champion marble shooter, the fastest runner, big league ball players, the toughest boxers. Americans love a winner and will not tolerate a loser. Americans play to win all the time. I wouldn't give a hoot in hell for a man who lost and laughed. That's why Americans have never lost and never will lose a war, because the very thought of losing is hateful to Americans. Now, an army is a team - it lives, eats, sleeps, fights as a team. This individuality stuff is a bunch of crap... Now, we have the finest food and equipment, the best spirit, and the best men in the world. You know, by god, I actually pity those poor bastards we're goin' up against. By god, I do. We're not just gonna shoot the bastard, we're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy Hun bastards by the bushel. Now, some of you boys, I know, are wondering whether or not you'll chicken out under fire. Don't worry about it. I can assure you that you will all do your duty. The Nazis are the enemy. Wade into them, spill their blood, shoot them in the belly. When you put your hand into a bunch of goo that a moment before was your best friend's face, you'll know what to do. Now there's another thing I want you to remember. I don't want to get any messages saying that we are holding our position. We're not holding anything. Let the Hun do that. We are advancing constantly and we're not interested in holding onto anything except the enemy. We're going to hold onto him by the nose and we're gonna kick him in the ass. We're going to kick the hell out of him all the time and we're gonna go through him like crap through a goose. Now, there's one thing that you men will be able to say when you get back home, and you may thank god for it. Thirty years from now when you're sitting around your fireside with your grandson on your knee, and he asks you: 'What did you do in the Great World War II?', you won't have to say: 'Well, I shoveled s--t in Louisiana.' All right, now you sons-of-bitches, you know how I feel and I will be proud to lead you wonderful guys into battle anytime, anywhere. That's all.

Magnificent use of the cut and paste...that, my friends, is how it's done
18th August 2006 05:17 PM
Poplar uhhh... go Panthers?
18th August 2006 05:18 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Poplar wrote:
uhhh... go Panthers?

is it here or there?
18th August 2006 05:19 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Magnificent use of the cut and paste...that, my friends, is how it's done

I got madd skillz yezzir!!
18th August 2006 05:22 PM
Joey

18th August 2006 05:32 PM
Poplar Bank of America Stadium. Home of "Anybody Seen My Stones in Charlotte" (1997).
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)