ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

El Ejido according to local witness Stoning!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bob Dylan, Augusta, Setlist Return to archive Page: 1 2
18th August 2006 12:59 AM
RollingstonesUSA What a amazing show to be a part of, Bob sounded great! Loved the setlist! For my very first Bob Dylan Concert, this was one experience I will never forget! Thanks Gazza for all the help with the Bob info!

1. Maggie's Farm
2. The Times They Are A-Changin'
3. Lonesome Day Blues
4. Positively 4th Street
5. Stuck Inside of Mobile with the Memphis Blues Again
6. 'Til I Fell in Love with You
7. To Ramona
8. Cold Irons Bound
9. Girl of the North Country
10. Highway 61 Revisited
11. Sugar Baby
12. Summer Days
"ENCORE"
13. Like a Rolling Stone
14. All Along the Watchtower
18th August 2006 02:19 AM
RollingstonesUSA
18th August 2006 02:22 AM
pdog Has Bob picked up a guitar recently. Both shows I saw in norCal a few years ago, he played guitar. It had been years, the first time was unplanned, the 2nd time was two days later and still just a surprising. Has he done it since?
18th August 2006 02:29 AM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
pdog wrote:
Has Bob picked up a guitar recently. Both shows I saw in norCal a few years ago, he played guitar. It had been years, the first time was unplanned, the 2nd time was two days later and still just a surprising. Has he done it since?

No, he did not....
From Wikipedia.com
The current members of Bob Dylan's touring band:

* Bob Dylan - vocals, keyboard, harmonica
* Stu Kimball - rhythm guitar
* Denny Freeman - lead guitar
* Donny Herron - pedal steel guitar, lap steel guitar, electric mandolin, banjo, violin
* Tony Garnier - bass guitar, standup bass
* George Receli - drums
18th August 2006 03:28 AM
keefjunkie im going to see him in 2 days, why are his setlists so short, does he really stretch the songs out?
18th August 2006 04:38 AM
Gazza the shows are probably about 100 minutes or so
The setlists in these 'ballpark' shows tend to be shorter, then again its a multi-artist bill.

For anyone that has Limewire, "Thunder On The Mountain" from the upcoming album is available on there for download.

Its an absolute stunner of a song - can't wait to hear it live.
18th August 2006 08:37 AM
Martha
quote:
Gazza wrote:
the shows are probably about 100 minutes or so
The setlists in these 'ballpark' shows tend to be shorter, then again its a multi-artist bill.

For anyone that has Limewire, "Thunder On The Mountain" from the upcoming album is available on there for download.

Its an absolute stunner of a song - can't wait to hear it live.

I haven't heard ONE note from the new album yet Gary....I am chewin' my fingernails like never before! LOL

xxoo,
Martha

PS Bob picked up the guitar on one of the tour start-up gigs ( I think it might have been 2 springs ago, but don't quote me) and played a few notes on it then sat it back in the stand....and hasn't picked it back up since, that I know of. He LOVES to play the keyboard and to position himself like a Captain ( Capt.SWAY aka..TomL YOU understand!) on a ship...HIS ship...the stage!
18th August 2006 08:49 AM
Nasty Habits Dooooooooooood - Thunder on the Mountain, is, I'm pretty sure, the greatest song EVER recorded by any human being.

"For the love of God, y'all, have pity on yourselves!"

OK, not really. But holy shit, it sounds like Chuck Berry and Jerry Lee Lewis driving down Route 66 smoking pot talking about how hot Alicia Keys is.

Makes everyone else on the planet look like a rank amateur in the face of utter rock and roll genius.

Best Buy is selling a CD of Rollin' and Tumblin' for $2.99, and you get your $2.99 off your purchase of Modern Times. It's great too, a straight rewrite of the Muddy Waters tune except it's about young sluts stealing the narrator's brains. The band moves like a freight train on it.

Gary, are you collecting Theme Time?

How's it goin', Martha/
18th August 2006 09:24 AM
Gazza Nasty - Listened to a couple of them, but have a friend whos got about 15 of them so far and has made me copies of about the first ten with the rest to come. I listened to "thunder on the mountain" on a loop for five straight hours last night after I downloaded it and several times more in work today already. Cant get enough of it. An absolute humdinger, full of great lines that every other songwriter would sell their soul to be capable of writing and vocal phrasing to die for. Oh, and Garnier's stand-up bass playing is amazing. Its impossible to sit still and listen to it. I counted twelve verses, 4 guitar solos - all in the space of under six minutes. He hasnt exactly ran out of things to say, to put it mildly.

Martha - I tried to send you an mp3 of this song to your yahoo e-mail addy last night (the only one I have for you) but it bounced back (as did a few to others I sent) because the file was too large. Mail me an alternate regular e-mail and I'll try and send a more compressed and smaller sample later on that I downloaded.

"I got the pork chop/she got the pie
She aint no angel/and neither am I
Shame on your greed/shame on your wicked schemes
I'll say this, I dont give a damn about your dreams.."

[Edited by Gazza]
18th August 2006 09:31 AM
Nasty Habits Gazza - as long as you have the hookup. I've been getting them regular, so if you ever wind up with a Theme Time hole, just let me know.

"I'm gonna raise an army, some tough sons of bitches - I'm gonna raise my army from the orphanidges!"

18th August 2006 09:33 AM
Gazza singalongabob:

Thunder on the mountain, fires on the moon
There's a ruckus in the alley and the sun will be here soon
Today's the day, gonna grab my trombone and blow
Well, there's hot stuff here and it's everywhere I go

I was thinkin' 'bout Alicia Keys, couldn't keep from crying
When she was born in Hell's Kitchen, I was living down the line
I'm wondering where in the world Alicia Keys could be
I been looking for her even clear through Tennessee

Feel like my soul is beginning to expand
Look into my heart and you will sort of understand
You brought me here, now you're trying to run me away
The writing's on the wall, come read it, come see what it say

Thunder on the mountain, rolling like a drum
Gonna sleep over there, that's where the music coming from
I don't need any guide, I already know the way
Remember this, I'm your servant both night and day

The pistols are poppin' and the power is down
I'd like to try somethin' but I'm so far from town
The sun keeps shinin' and the North Wind keeps picking up speed
Gonna forget about myself for a while, gonna go out and see what others need

I've been sitting down studying the art of love
I think it will fit me like a glove
I want some real good woman to do just what I say
Everybody got to wonder what's the matter with this cruel world today

Thunder on the mountain rolling to the ground
Gonna get up in the morning walk the hard road down
Some sweet day I'll stand beside my king
I wouldn't betray your love or any other thing

Gonna raise me an army, some tough sons of bitches
I'll recruit my army from the orphanages
I been to St. Herman's church and I've said my religious vows
I've sucked the milk out of a thousand cows

I got the porkchops, she got the pie
She ain't no angel and neither am I
Shame on your greed, shame on your wicked schemes
I'll say this, I don't give a damn about your dreams

Thunder on the mountain heavy as can be
Mean old twister bearing down on me
All the ladies of Washington scrambling to get out of town
Looks like something bad gonna happen, better roll your airplane down

Everybody's going and I want to go too
Don't wanna take a chance with somebody new
I did all I could and I did it right there and then
I've already confessed - no need to confess again

Gonna make a lot of money, gonna go up north
I'll plant and I'll harvest what the earth brings forth
The hammer's on the table, the pitchfork's on the shelf
For the love of God, you ought to take pity on yourself
18th August 2006 09:40 AM
Nasty Habits Is it "gonna MAKE a lot of money" or "gonna PICK a lot of money"?

Regardless, I sure do love the way he sings "Look into my heart and you will sort of understand".

This album is going to seriously hurt my head.

18th August 2006 09:46 AM
Martha
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
Gazza - as long as you have the hookup. I've been getting them regular, so if you ever wind up with a Theme Time hole, just let me know.

>HOLY COW! I NEED ALL OF THEM NASTY!!!! I'll B&P you asap if you can send them off to me. I want to give copies to my frined Gwyn, who cannot hear any of the shows and is dyin' to hear them....!

"I'm gonna raise an army, some tough sons of bitches - I'm gonna raise my army from the orphanidges!"

Bob knows the score. Indeed!

peace out,
Martha

PS Nasty...I'll CALL you!

PSS No worries Gary, Nellcote sent me a link to hear the song....that actually worked on this old piece of tired shit (Grape iMac which is now long past it's retirement age). I am now officially in heaven! Thanks for all your efforts to hook me up though! ;-)
18th August 2006 09:54 AM
Nasty Habits I'll start getting them together, Martha, and don't be ridiculous - you don't need to b&p nothin, considering how many free CDs I've gotten out of you. But, right, we'll chat.

Gazza, check your pm.
18th August 2006 09:57 AM
Gazza got it! many thanks
18th August 2006 10:02 AM
Gazza
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
Is it "gonna MAKE a lot of money" or "gonna PICK a lot of money"?

"make". definitely. "pick" sounds quite Dylanesque though!
18th August 2006 10:04 AM
Martha
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
I'll start getting them together, Martha, and don't be ridiculous - you don't need to b&p nothin, considering how many free CDs I've gotten out of you. But, right, we'll chat.

Gazza, check your pm.

Look very forward to chatting with you dear friend!

Yet....I still want to send you something......:-)

xxoo,
MM
18th August 2006 12:43 PM
GimmeExile
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:
What a amazing show to be a part of, Bob sounded great! Loved the setlist! For my very first Bob Dylan Concert, this was one experience I will never forget! Thanks Gazza for all the help with the Bob info!

1. Maggie's Farm
2. The Times They Are A-Changin'
3. Lonesome Day Blues
4. Positively 4th Street
5. Stuck Inside of Mobile with the Memphis Blues Again
6. 'Til I Fell in Love with You
7. To Ramona
8. Cold Irons Bound
9. Girl of the North Country
10. Highway 61 Revisited
11. Sugar Baby
12. Summer Days
"ENCORE"
13. Like a Rolling Stone
14. All Along the Watchtower

That's a great setlist for your FIRST Dylan show...Welcome!
18th August 2006 02:08 PM
RollingstonesUSA There is something called The Modern Times Sampler on mininova.org....
18th August 2006 02:13 PM
pdog
quote:
Martha wrote:

PS Bob picked up the guitar on one of the tour start-up gigs ( I think it might have been 2 springs ago, but don't quote me) and played a few notes on it then sat it back in the stand....and hasn't picked it back up since, that I know of. He LOVES to play the keyboard and to position himself like a Captain ( Capt.SWAY aka..TomL YOU understand!) on a ship...HIS ship...the stage!

He picked up his guitar at the surprise gig in SF, when his keyboards seemed to have problems.
BUT!!!
He picked it up again the next show, and played a complete song... I was at both these gigs. That's why I asked the question, if anyone new if he ever did it since. I know he didn't at the remaining Calif. gigs that tour.
18th August 2006 02:19 PM
Gazza Nope...I think those are the only concerts in the last 4 years or so where hes played any guitar at all
18th August 2006 02:21 PM
pdog
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Nope...I think those are the only concerts in the last 4 years or so where hes played any guitar at all

If T&A everposts here agian, He can confirm, I predicted bbo would play the guitar again in Santa Clara. I'm rarely right about this shit. It really felt special, those were my first Dylan gigs.
18th August 2006 02:53 PM
Gazza
quote:
pdog wrote:

If T&A everposts here agian, He can confirm, I predicted bbo would play the guitar again in Santa Clara. I'm rarely right about this shit. It really felt special, those were my first Dylan gigs.

I was actually speaking to him on the phone about 2 hours ago, as he's drinking his way to London. As we speak, he's having trouble leaving a whisky distillery in a remote town in Scotland it seems. Cant think why!
18th August 2006 03:01 PM
RollingstonesUSA Just heard "Thunder On The Mountain", WOW, it's amazing! Can't wait for the album to come out!
18th August 2006 03:07 PM
Saint Sway I cant wait to see Dylan again.

such a great band. More talented than the '06 Stones. Great sets.
18th August 2006 03:11 PM
Gazza that new song is all the proof anyone needs of what a fantastic rock 'n' roll band he has.
18th August 2006 03:12 PM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
Gazza wrote:
that new song is all the proof anyone needs of what a fantastic rock 'n' roll band he has.

Has Jokerman been played live before....
18th August 2006 03:31 PM
Gazza
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:

Has Jokerman been played live before....

yes..every show on the '84 tour (with taylor) that followed its release

It was dug out again in the late 90s for a while, too

THE version however is the one from the Letterman show in 1984. I'm sure its on YouTube somewhere if you do a search.
[Edited by Gazza]
18th August 2006 03:35 PM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
Gazza wrote:

yes..every show on the '84 tour (with taylor) that followed its release

It was dug out again in the late 90s for a while, too

THE version however is the one from the Letterman show in 1984. I'm sure its on YouTube somewhere if you do a search.
[Edited by Gazza]

Awesome stuff...thanks!

Just saw Jokerman on Letterman, wow, I love this song, it wouldn't let me post....

18th August 2006 05:08 PM
Gazza That was Sonny Boy Williamson's "Dont Start Me Talking", which was the first of the 3 songs he did that night (22/3/84)

Only Bob Dylan would go on live national TV to promote his new album - backed by a band used for the first and only time, the Plugz (aka The Cruzados), an LA punk band - and after the host introduces his new album, he proceeds to play a blues cover that isnt even on it but that the band hadnt even REHEARSED!!

here's the links for the other 2 songs :

License to Kill
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvcH8FZ0p2w

Jokerman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJSGbMs5a1U
(classic moment where Bob cant find the right harmonica, and the band play on regardless..)
[Edited by Gazza]
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)