ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

El Ejido according to local witness Stoning!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Something we ALL can agree on........ Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
18th August 2006 12:02 PM
Dick Bush
quote:
jb wrote:
I am very pleased that we all rose above the nastiness and made ammends. As I said, the people I have met here are Grade "A". We all tend to go too far with our posts sometimes as the anonomity of the internet often leaves one intoxiocated with
posting power. I have really enjoyed meeting people like LJ, Nanker, Pug, Throbby, SS, Lugar, Nellcote, Fiji, TomL, Riffhard, StoneDoug, Oldkr(BKRROTN), Gazza,Pdog, Jaxx, Jizz(quicky in Sunrise), and many others....I know some of us have real differences that will never be remedied, but by in large, most of us are looking to have a little fun and find mutual love for a band known as "The Rolling Stones". I will make one apperence this tour, in Louisville, and will hold an official meet and greet at bar in "The Brown Hotel"...RSVP's are reccommended.

[Edited by jb]

Couldn't agree more with you buddy - all you are a bunch of harmless, neat Stones nuts. Nobody is really nasty here, even the lil Feeje is a cute, respectable kid trying to find his ways - and not some fucked-up retard I thought he was.

Good luck

18th August 2006 12:02 PM
monkey_man
quote:
pdog wrote:

Yes to this, and Hell YES! to JB.
I may go all LJ and get weepy seeing you guys in my hometown, and seeing The Stones.
I was born just a few blocks away from the Hall and The Boardwalk.
I'm coming in on a late night read eye, landing thursday morning. This should be the same fligh Monkey Man is on.
This going to be the best summit EVER!
We must get Maxy on board!

You got on that United flight? Sweet!
18th August 2006 08:20 PM
Brainbell Jangler Returning to the original theme of this thread: It looks like there's a lot less agreement today about whether the JonBenet case has been solved.
18th August 2006 08:40 PM
Riffhard I am liking this whole new change in direction that we are witnessing in this thread. I too would like to extend an olive branch to any,and all,that I may have pissed off in the past. Having said that there will,no doubt,be occassions in the future where some of us will butt heads on issues,but this new tone is much better than we have been dealing with as of late.

I think that we are all just concerned that our favorite band may not be making enough money. We are worried that the worm has turned with regards to the Stones popularity,and that the grosses are not encouraging. It's no wonder we fight! We are witnessing the long shadows of the Stones' carreer catching up with us,and them. It's taking it's toll on our collective mood. I hope that the Stones continue to screw an appreciative audience over for at least three more tours. I'm not feeling right when the Stones aren't soaking their fans for our hard earned money and we don't grab our ankles willingly. It makes us fight.

Riffy
18th August 2006 08:45 PM
telecaster
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
I am liking this whole new change in direction that we are witnessing in this thread. I too would like to extend an olive branch to any,and all,that I may have pissed off in the past. Having said that there will,no doubt,be occassions in the future where some of us will butt heads on issues,but this new tone is much better than we have been dealing with as of late.

I think that we are all just concerned that our favorite band may not be making enough money. We are worried that the worm has turned with regards to the Stones popularity,and that the grosses are not encouraging. It's no wonder we fight! We are witnessing the long shadows of the Stones' carreer catching up with us,and them. It's taking it's toll on our collective mood. I hope that the Stones continue to screw an appreciative audience over for at least three more tours. I'm not feeling right when the Stones aren't soaking their fans for our hard earned money and we don't grab our ankles willingly. It makes us fight.

Riffy

Yes Riffy, peace is breaking out all over. Everyone is invited to my place as I am whipping up a batch of Cafe Mocha with a dash of spearmint leaves and we are all going to watch my TIVO'd Oprah re-runs

Peace out

tele
18th August 2006 08:52 PM
Riffhard
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Yes Riffy, peace is breaking out all over. Everyone is invited to my place as I am whipping up a batch of Cafe Mocha with a dash of spearmint leaves and we are all going to watch my TIVO'd Oprah re-runs

Peace out

tele

I'll bring over a copy of The Runaway Bride with the gorgeous Julia Roberts,and maybe even Ghost! I love the pottery scene,and the Rightous Brothers tunes!

I do a great baked Brie in puff pastry with apricott preserves!

Riffy
18th August 2006 09:07 PM
telecaster
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

I'll bring over a copy of The Runaway Bride with the gorgeous Julia Roberts,and maybe even Ghost! I love the pottery scene,and the Rightous Brothers tunes!

I do a great baked Brie in puff pastry with apricott preserves!

Riffy

Great! LJ is bringing the Aromatherapy candles and Jizzy is bring the inscents

I misplaced my copy of "When Harry Met Sally" but I will dig it up in time

Feej is bringing some artichoke hearts and pdog is responsible for the pate'
18th August 2006 09:12 PM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:

The AC fanasylum is putting people up at the Lowes in Philly!!! I am going to stay elsewhere.

With all the great Hotels in AC, that is really lame!
pdog
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

You got on that United flight? Sweet!

I hope they let us bring on some tunes to listen to. I got a portable DVD player too, I usually luck out on red eyes and get a row to myself.
Wish me luck tomorrow, i really want a great ticket for this show. I feel it may be tough.
pdog
quote:
telecaster wrote:
and pdog is responsible for the pate'

I don't even know what that is, but I know it's not gonna get me laid, at least not by girls!
18th August 2006 09:24 PM
monkey_man
quote:
pdog wrote:

I hope they let us bring on some tunes to listen to. I got a portable DVD player too, I usually luck out on red eyes and get a row to myself.
Wish me luck tomorrow, i really want a great ticket for this show. I feel it may be tough.

I hope so too. I know I don't want to have to smuggle my iPod onto the plane in my ass. If you don't get a ticket, my extra is available, FL6 Row 19, by the B stage. I had to offer my extra to my brother who got me my Roseland ticket first. He passed on it so it's available to you if you don't score a better ticket.
MM
18th August 2006 09:25 PM
Riffhard
quote:
pdog wrote:

I don't even know what that is, but I know it's not gonna get me laid, at least not by girls!

You gotta problem with Chick Flicks and baked Brie?! Bring the fuckin' pate' and STFU!

Riffy
18th August 2006 09:27 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
You gotta problem with Chick Flicks and baked Brie?! Bring the fuckin' pate' and STFU!
Riffy

Pate'? You tryin' to start a freakin' vegan riot?
18th August 2006 09:31 PM
pdog
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Riffy

I'm must excuse myself, I'm going to cry in the bathroom!
19th August 2006 04:12 PM
Chuck US media disgraces itself once again

Rush to judgment in the JonBenet Ramsey case
By David Walsh
19 August 2006
WSWS

(clip)

By late Friday afternoon the Ramsey case had settled back into the second or third slot on the cable news programs. Anchors and reporters and experts offered no explanations as to why only 48 hours earlier they had moved in for the kill. They were onto the next sensationalized story (“Bomb threat note found on plane, police say,” “September 11th hero remained anonymous till now,” etc.). No media or public figure ever accounts for any of the distortions, lies and disasters that occur in American life.

From the beginning, in its treatment of the JonBenet Ramsey murder the American media has pandered to and encouraged the very worst instincts in the population: prurience, a fascination with the lives of the wealthy, obsession with celebrity in general. The television networks, daily newspapers and weekly news magazines have wallowed in the gutter in this case and so many others—the Simpson trial, Michael Jackson’s legal problems, the Chandra Levy and Laci Peterson murders, etc.

The Ramsey case shows the media at its ugliest, most shallow and most ignorant. No doubt a political motive was involved here too. The terror bomb plot in Britain was threatening to unravel, or at least disappoint, the war in Lebanon had not achieved US aims, the conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan are disastrous. The media instinctively strove to change the subject. What does it know best, what makes it most comfortable? The intersection of sex scandals or sex crimes with the lives of rich or famous people.

Both the billionaires who own and operate America’s “free press” and its leading figures, for the most part, are human refuse. They write or say whatever suits their immediate purposes, which corresponds to the economic and political interests of the largest corporations, the richest individuals and the most predatory circles in Washington. They lie as ordinary people draw breath.

Their behavior in the Ramsey case is of a piece with everything else they do. Nothing they write or say should be given the slightest credibility.

Full: http://www.wsws.org/articles/2006/aug2006/rams-a19.shtml

19th August 2006 04:24 PM
Chuck Jon Stewart:

“Three year war in Iraq is less than thirty day old bombing of Lebanon which is less than explosive Gatorade on a plane which is all chickshit to break in the ten year old murder case.”

Video: http://www.crooksandliars.com/posts/2006/08/19/the-week-in-media-distraction/

19th August 2006 04:58 PM
lotsajizz ah, Chuck--he must be bringing the wine spritzers

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)