ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

El Ejido according to local witness Stoning!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Alice Cooper On Craig Freguson Return to archive
17th August 2006 01:41 AM
RollingstonesUSA Great interview! He talked about the Stones and their major influence, and he even said Keith was a pirate!,lol, then he came back later in the show and performed "Dirty Diamonds" off the album of the same name, great performance, he looks great and amazing, the new guitar player kicks ass! I suggest you go out and buy "Dirty Diamonds", hell get every Alice Cooper album, get some beer, and kick out the Rock 'N' Roll, and be "Caught In A Dream"....

Alice Cooper/Mick Jagger Duet 2006....Look for it!
17th August 2006 01:48 AM
RollingstonesUSA "Sunset Babies" (All Got Rabies) From last year....

17th August 2006 06:12 AM
Jumping Jack I said he was opening Halifax, Louisville, Phoenix, but no mention of AC even though he is playing the HOB the next night.
17th August 2006 11:40 AM
Dear Doctor yes Alice is great. HIs last 2 cds were excellent.His band is really good. He is playing the house of blues in Atlantic City on the 28th of October. I would expect him to be opening for the stones on the 27. Alice's tixx are available thru the hob presale website

when did he do sunset babies
that is a great song
nice interview last night also, he always defends the stones on his radio show, which is not as diverse as he said last night, but still quite good
17th August 2006 01:38 PM
Jumping Jack He was doing Sunset Babies most of 2005, but dropped it when Ryan Roxie went back to Sweden. It's a great song that should be back in the set, IMHO.

Folks that have not seen him are in for a surprise and a treat!!!
17th August 2006 03:33 PM
RollingstonesUSA
17th August 2006 03:34 PM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
He was doing Sunset Babies most of 2005, but dropped it when Ryan Roxie went back to Sweden. It's a great song that should be back in the set, IMHO.

Folks that have not seen him are in for a surprise and a treat!!!

You know anything about a new Alice album, in 07....
17th August 2006 03:40 PM
Jumping Jack Nothing firm
17th August 2006 03:44 PM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Nothing firm

Before I go, here is a Alice Cooper Soundboard from 1973....

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=107472
17th August 2006 06:33 PM
Jumping Jack Classic rock and a man called Alice
Cooper remains busy with myriad projects
By Gerald M. Gay
Arizona Daily Star
Tucson, Arizona | Published: 08.17.2006
advertisementAlice Cooper killed a man this year. Not just killed him.
Beat him, kicked him, shot him in the head and then tried to steal his favorite chair.
The man survived. The two were only filming a scene for an episode of "Monk," which aired on the USA network July 14.
Truth be told, Cooper probably came out in worse shape than his supposed victim.
"I was so sore the next day," said the rock star in a phone interview two weeks ago from his Scottsdale home. "I ended up doing the fight scene for five or six hours. We shot it maybe 30 different times. It was really complicated."
The experience was a workout but nothing the longtime shock rocker couldn't handle.
At 58 years old, Cooper is constantly putting his body and mind to the test.
He hosts a radio show, "Nights with Alice Cooper," five nights a week that is syndicated on rock stations across the country including Tucson's KLPX 96.1 FM.
He has stayed active in his native Phoenix area community, holding golf tournaments, overseeing activity at his popular eatery Alice Cooperstown and most recently announcing his fund-raising efforts for a 20,000-square-foot, $3 million Christian teen activity center, scheduled to begin construction sometime next year.
All of this on top of one ferocious touring schedule.
Cooper just finished several months of touring through Canada, Europe, the Midwest and the West Coast. His Southwest swing will take him through Tucson SportsPark as part of KLPX X-Fest 2006 on Saturday.
"Right now, I am being sort of rewarded for not smoking cigarettes all my life," Cooper said. "I know that I can do five shows a week whereas most of those guys do two — the Steven Tylers and Ozzy Osbournes. That has a lot to do with how much wear and tear they put on their bodies. I can get up and do an hour-and-45-minutes now and never feel better."
Cooper is even starting production on a new album in September, due out sometime early next year, but for now the longtime musician is still touring off of his 2006 "Live in Montreux" CD/DVD and 2005 studio release, "Dirty Diamonds."
Blending traditional Cooper rock songs like "Woman of Mass Distraction" with off-the-wall genre-bending melodies like the countrified "Saga of Jesse Jane," "Diamonds" is not your traditional Cooper release.
"Even though I know most of it is going to be hard rock, I am not as specific as I used to be with my music," Cooper said. "I used to say there had to be a certain rock 'n' roll sound to it. It had to be under certain parameters. Now I explore a little bit more in a lot of different directions. As long as Alice is singing with Alice's voice, it will always be Alice. I can take a nursery song and turn it into an Alice song.
"I think people enjoy that I am always going to do at least one or two comedy songs that are specifically comedy songs. I like doing songs like that. People recognize that and go 'Alice is going for laughs on this one.' At the same time they know I am going to give them five or six real hard rock songs."
Expect to hear plenty of "Diamonds" at Saturday's performance mixed in with what Cooper calls his "billion dollar babies;" Songs like "School's Out" and "No More Mr. Nice Guy" that rocketed him to superstardom in the 1970s.
"It is an amazing thing how popular real classic rock has become," he said. "I think people are kind of realizing that there are only so many Alices and Ozzies left and we're not always going to be around. And it has become even more popular with kids. If you look at what T-shirts kids are wearing and what albums they are listening to, there are 16-, 17-year-old kids wearing Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath, Alice Cooper and Jethro Tull. They are just now discovering some of those bands. Kids are listening to My Chemical Romance and Panic! At the Disco but they are also listening to classic rock."
20th August 2006 06:05 PM
TommyHawk
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:

You know anything about a new Alice album, in 07....

He's mentioned that he hoped to record it in September. He's co-writing some songs with Dick Wagner.
20th August 2006 06:06 PM
TommyHawk BTW: Alice and Craig spoke a little about The Stones. He mentioned the shows he's opening with them, knowing the Stones, they picked on Keith a little for climbing up the tree. But it was all good fun.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)