ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

El Ejido according to local witness Stoning!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: FIFA RANKING Return to archive
16th August 2006 10:11 AM
Madafaka http://www.fifa.com/en/mens/statistics/index/0,2548,All-Aug-2006,00.html
16th August 2006 10:20 AM
Gazza we're up to #72. Yay! Watch out Burkina Faso - we're comin' after you bastards!
16th August 2006 10:33 AM
Honky Tonk Man We’re 5th! After our World Cup performances, that’s NOT right!

I noticed the US Virgin Islands are way down the rankings. You learn something new every day. I didn’t even know they HAD a team!
16th August 2006 10:39 AM
Gazza The World Cup actually rarely affects the rankings too much initially, which (as well as the placing for some countries who have barely enough club sides to have a national league) shows how flawed the ranking system is. The teams at #11, 12 and 14 didnt even make the World Cup finals.

England at 5th actually is pretty accurate when you look at the World Cup. They went out in the quarter final and only on penalties, so there were only four sides who got further.

That said, to say England are the 5th best side in the World would be a bit of a stretch. Top ten certainly, even despite their lacklustre performances in the World Cup

Argentina should really be kicking themselves that theyre only 3rd. That tournament really was theirs for the taking.
[Edited by Gazza]
16th August 2006 10:54 AM
Honky Tonk Man I'll admit that I don't really have a clue as to how the point system works. Obviously the amount of games you win, loose, goals you score and concede etc is a major part of it, but what else goes into it? Ball possession, tackles won, shots on target?
16th August 2006 11:02 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
I'll admit that I don't really have a clue as to how the point system works. Obviously the amount of games you win, loose, goals you score and concede etc is a major part of it, but what else goes into it? Ball possession, tackles won, shots on target?

headkick counts??
16th August 2006 11:33 AM
Gazza
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
I'll admit that I don't really have a clue as to how the point system works. Obviously the amount of games you win, loose, goals you score and concede etc is a major part of it, but what else goes into it? Ball possession, tackles won, shots on target?

No..LOL

http://www.fifa.com/en/mens/statistics/rank/procedures/0,2540,3,00.html
16th August 2006 12:32 PM
Lazy Bones ...tied with Bolivia. is that good?
16th August 2006 12:38 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Gazza wrote:

No..LOL

http://www.fifa.com/en/mens/statistics/rank/procedures/0,2540,3,00.html

Thanks

Greece tonight!
16th August 2006 12:49 PM
Madafaka
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:
...tied with Bolivia. is that good?

No...
16th August 2006 01:15 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
No...

damn!
16th August 2006 06:53 PM
Fabio Hot Stuff FIFA stinks.
try to play football,man.
we win!
16th August 2006 09:46 PM
Soldatti We are overrated actually.
17th August 2006 12:59 AM
Throwaway Gazza, you're quite right, and seeing these rankings just further amaze me how such highly ranked teams can still miss out. While every team has a chance to make it to the finals, some teams catch a bad break (see: matchups, tough groups within regions). Or maybe I'm just bitter Rep. of IRL didn't make it this year despite being one of the best 32 in the world..
[Edited by Throwaway]
17th August 2006 04:43 AM
Gazza They certainly would have got there with the side they had, only to be in a very tough (and incredibly close) qualifying group. They were hammered 4-0 in Dublin by Holland last night, though, which will hardly help their rankings too much.
17th August 2006 04:44 AM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
Gazza wrote:
They certainly would have got there with the side they had, only to be in a very tough (and incredibly close) qualifying group. They were hammered 4-0 in Dublin by Holland last night, though, which will hardly help their rankings too much.

Major Leauge Soccer will finally be on tv next year!
17th August 2006 04:47 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:

Major Leauge Soccer will finally be on tv next year!

I ve seen a show dedicated to Pelé last week..what a fuckin genious who finished his brilliant career in the States...
hope MLS will take off one day!
17th August 2006 04:48 AM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

I ve seen a show dedicated to Pelé last week..what a fuckin genious who finished his brilliant career in the States...
hope MLS will take off one day!

Me too! I really enjoyed the World Cup this year!
17th August 2006 05:37 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:

Me too! I really enjoyed the World Cup this year!

same here, except for the final game
Italy was my favorite since I ve seen them crushing Holland in November...nobody believed me but hey ,I was fuckin right!
Anyway which team are the best in MLS??
19th August 2006 12:40 AM
Throwaway http://youtube.com/watch?v=_6879s0SHgs
David Healy is my man...
i STILL am hungover from the excitement that is qualifying/WC.
[Edited by Throwaway]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)