ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

El Ejido according to local witness Stoning!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I just got a chill....... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
15th August 2006 11:16 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Taptrick wrote:

You guys have inspired me. I'm taking the dive. And by the way....I still get chills when I listen to LIND.

Make sure you have "adequate" storage space for all the CD's and/or DVD's you will add to your collections ...Because I didn't!! (What a mess I have in this extra bedroom!!)
15th August 2006 11:33 PM
aladdinstory
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
no offense Gazza, but that last time you gushed about a song like this you were talking about Laugh I Nearly Died.

in hindsight, I dont think that was a song worth foaming all over

I doubt this one is too

you would be mistaken in that opinion..one listen to this and you'll be a weepin', testify' and pleading for some random ex-love to take you back! it's up there with Mick's live performances of That's How Strong My Love Is (more restrained, however live this would be killer) this is the style a band like the Black Crowes tries to pull off, but never quite do, fine as they are at capturing the gospel aspect, they don't quite ever catch the "soul" of it, and on this track tbe Stones do, Mick's best post 81 studio vocal performance hands down
15th August 2006 11:43 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Make sure you have "adequate" storage space for all the CD's and/or DVD's you will add to your collections ...Because I didn't!! (What a mess I have in this extra bedroom!!)

You ain't kiddin'! I have an external hard drive just for music AND piles of DVDs and CDs. I keep telling myself I'm going to get them all organized one of these days but it ain't happened yet! Not a pretty sight, lemme tell ya...
15th August 2006 11:46 PM
aladdinstory
quote:
Gazza wrote:

and a torrent was offered a while back called "The Glimemr twins private tapes" which consisted of about 30-40 mins of rough private early demos from Jan '85.

oh, that's very cool, is there a way i could still get that? i imagine the sound quality is iffy, but it would be very interesting to hear demos like that, songs in such an embryonic state
15th August 2006 11:56 PM
RollingstonesUSA That is the greatest verison of Rock And A Hard Place, I have ever heard!
15th August 2006 11:58 PM
Bob Tamp Gary is right. Beautiful song. Soulful.
Lets bring on Tattoo You part II
16th August 2006 12:04 AM
RollingstonesUSA From now on, if I want to hear the Steel Wheels album, this will be what I put on....amazing
16th August 2006 07:36 AM
egon it downloaded over night and is now waiting on my harddrive
to be burned on a cd, to be played in my car whilst gonig to work.

I wants me some chills as well.

Yesssssssssss
16th August 2006 10:25 AM
Nellcote Any more cuts from this, thanks?
16th August 2006 10:43 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:
..and the hairs on the back of my neck have just stood up.

Just heard for the first time the Stones' cover of "For Your Precious Love" from the Steel Wheels monitor mixes downloaded from the tracker

Good Holy Christ. This is fucking beyond beautiful. One of the GREATEST outtakes of their career (yep, up there with "Still A Fool") and one of the most soulful things theyve EVER done, released or not.

How this has remained in the vaults until now is beyond me. Stop what you're doing, download this now and your life will never be the same again.

I threw it on my ipod and listened to it on my drive home yesterday...i was very impressed, could have easily have been the standout track on Steel Wheels. Great find...I'd love to hear what else is on this set!
16th August 2006 10:59 AM
Lethargy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
no offense Gazza, but that last time you gushed about a song like this you were talking about Laugh I Nearly Died.

in hindsight, I dont think that was a song worth foaming all over

I doubt this one is too

Surprised you don't like LIND more, Sway. I still love it. It's one of the very few different and original-sounding tunes on ABB.
16th August 2006 11:04 AM
Moonisup aahhh the first link for that isn't working anymore, and \i can't download the boot from the tracker! That sux hard
16th August 2006 11:04 AM
Lethargy Late to the thread, seeing all the tracks being posted...Do we essentially have ourselves a mini "Voodoo Brew" of Steel Wheels here?
16th August 2006 11:17 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Lethargy wrote:

Surprised you don't like LIND more, Sway. I still love it. It's one of the very few different and original-sounding tunes on ABB.

I agree very much with that post.
16th August 2006 11:19 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Lethargy wrote:

I like LIND! Its a good song.

One of the few songs I actually enjoy on ABB - just not nearly to the point that Gazza gushed on and on about it when it came out. If you read his review last year you'd swear he was talking about the 2nd coming of Gimme Shelter.

I think its a darn good song. I just dont think its outstanding or anything to flip over. Thats all.

same with Precious Love. Its nice little soul ballad - even if its too sappy. But nothing that would give me "chills" or that I would ever refer to as "brilliant". And definately nowhere among the "greatest outtakes of their career"

I like Gazza. And often agree with him. He just gets a little too worked up sometimes. Good for him. I'm glad he has that enthusiasm. I just think PL is strictly C-rate Stones. Good. Not great. Would fit well on a Jagger record.

thats my .02

bring on the flames
16th August 2006 02:45 PM
Stonesgail
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

I like Gazza. And often agree with him. He just gets a little too worked up sometimes. Good for him. I'm glad he has that enthusiasm. I just think PL is strictly C-rate Stones. Good. Not great. Would fit well on a Jagger record.

I like it when Gazza gets worked up.

Precious Love - I like it and obviously so does Mick. If he would only sing a Bobby Womack tune - Fly Me to the Moon. I would truly get worked up over that!

Just my two cents...
16th August 2006 03:25 PM
RollingstonesUSA PL-is soooooooooooo fuckin' good....
16th August 2006 03:58 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

I like LIND! Its a good song.

One of the few songs I actually enjoy on ABB - just not nearly to the point that Gazza gushed on and on about it when it came out. If you read his review last year you'd swear he was talking about the 2nd coming of Gimme Shelter.

I think its a darn good song. I just dont think its outstanding or anything to flip over. Thats all.

same with Precious Love. Its nice little soul ballad - even if its too sappy. But nothing that would give me "chills" or that I would ever refer to as "brilliant". And definately nowhere among the "greatest outtakes of their career"

thats my .02

bring on the flames

Gazza is a very tough man, and will allow this disagreement to get physical if it needs to, I would proceed with caution!
16th August 2006 03:59 PM
Gazza
quote:
Stonesgail wrote:

I like it when Gazza gets worked up.

so does my wife...
16th August 2006 04:31 PM
glencar If the choice is between Gazza & Sway, I bet 99.9% of peopel would choose the former...
16th August 2006 04:38 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
If the choice is between Gazza & Sway, I bet 99.9% of peopel would choose the former...

It is quite disappointing that even though I contribute to this site at levels that would put me in the "legendary" status, I am still not granted a title other than "Rocks Off Member".

I am still very hurt by this!
16th August 2006 04:40 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
If the choice is between Gazza & Sway, I bet 99.9% of peopel would choose the former...

what are you choosing? Dance partners?
16th August 2006 04:40 PM
gimmekeef Shall we call this collection of great tracks in damn near official released quality...."Stolen Wheels"...?
16th August 2006 04:43 PM
pdog
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Shall we call this collection of great tracks in damn near official released quality...."Stolen Wheels"...?

I'm calling it "spare tire"!
16th August 2006 04:51 PM
glencar
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

what are you choosing? Dance partners?

He'd win even there. You suck.
16th August 2006 04:52 PM
glencar
quote:
pdog wrote:

Brilliant!
16th August 2006 05:07 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
He'd win even there. You suck.

at what exactly?

not being your friend?
16th August 2006 05:12 PM
glencar You suck at even that. You are just an all-around sucker. Scram.
16th August 2006 05:12 PM
aladdinstory
quote:
pdog wrote:

how bout "off the rails"?
16th August 2006 05:14 PM
glencar No, Spare Tire is better.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)