ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

El Ejido according to local witness Stoning!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I just got a chill....... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
15th August 2006 06:04 PM
GotToRollMe Oh for God's sake, go download utorrent:
http://www.utorrent.com/download.php

All you really need to do after that is to let it through your firewall.

Then click on the RO Tracker link and download like a mofo!

It's easy folks...really!

15th August 2006 06:27 PM
andrews27 "For your Precious Love" is originally by soul singer Jerry "The Ice Man" Butler. It was rumored to be slated as the sole cover on Steel Wheels, which then came out sans any covers. It may have been released as a B-side to one of the Steel Wheels singles (like other B-side "Cook Cook Blues"), though maybe not in the US. Mick has mentioned the song in interviews since at least the 1970s -- I think it was rehearsed for It's Only Rock'n'Roll. Try www.allmusic.com to see if a legit 45 rpm or 12" was issued.
15th August 2006 06:28 PM
andrews27 BTW -- Nice Portugal shot at top of page today! Mick looks like Elvis singing "American Trilogy." ("Hush, little baby, don't you cry...You know our setlist's bound to die...")
[Edited by andrews27]
15th August 2006 06:48 PM
Gazza
quote:
andrews27 wrote:
"For your Precious Love" is originally by soul singer Jerry "The Ice Man" Butler. It was rumored to be slated as the sole cover on Steel Wheels, which then came out sans any covers. It may have been released as a B-side to one of the Steel Wheels singles (like other B-side "Cook Cook Blues"), though maybe not in the US. Mick has mentioned the song in interviews since at least the 1970s -- I think it was rehearsed for It's Only Rock'n'Roll. Try www.allmusic.com to see if a legit 45 rpm or 12" was issued.

It was never released by the Stones and has never been in wide circulation until now. Fancy Man Blues and cook Cook Blues were the only non-album tracks released as b-sides. And "Cook Cook Blues" is actually a leftover from the Dirty Work sessions (or even 'Undercover'), with Stu on piano
15th August 2006 06:50 PM
Gazza
quote:
andrews27 wrote:
BTW -- Nice Portugal shot at top of page today! Mick looks like Elvis singing "American Trilogy." ("Hush, little baby, don't you cry...You know our setlist's bound to die...")

LOL...how apt considering the significance of tomorrow's date for Elvis fans. Dare I say it, but the only thing missing is "the cape"
15th August 2006 06:51 PM
andrews27
quote:
Gazza wrote:

It...has never been in wide circulation until now.

So the other boot that I have it on is chopped liver, yes?
[Edited by andrews27]
[Edited by andrews27]
15th August 2006 07:01 PM
andrews27 Cut this if not suitable for MB. Everybody's got their take...even Amazon:

The Paris Dirty Work sessions produced a number of unreleased tracks, including What Am I Supposed To Do, Baby You're Too Much, Deep Love, Sending Out An Invitation, Some Of Us Are On Our Knees, For Your Precious Love, Strictly Memphis, What Are You Goin' To Do With My Love.

This information comes from "It's Only Rock And Roll: The Ultimate Guide To The Rolling Stones" by Karnbach and Bernson and from my own collection, with some of the notes from Davis' "Old Gods Almost Dead." Both books are available from amazon.com.
[Edited by andrews27]
[Edited by andrews27]
15th August 2006 07:09 PM
Gazza
quote:
andrews27 wrote:

So the other boot that I have it on is chopped liver, yes?

I've personally never seen For Your Precious Love on another bootleg. Maybe you have - feel free to correct me, ideally without being rude about it. is it the same take as this one?
15th August 2006 07:38 PM
jostorm I need the remnants of my intelligence that have not been decimated by drugs,alcohol and the passage of time
fully for my everyday life. I can certainly
not afford wasting any on trying to understand all this computer-bollocks. I already waste enough time on this shitebox!
So, if I send you a box of clean disks will you burn me a few good ones that Saint Sway would immediately slag off, Herr Gazza??? Prettyplease?

And show some respect, people, this is the RO board, being moderated by the Holy Gazza, and not some suburb in North Lebanon...And don't even THINK of going to IORR, you'd last exactly 5 seconds, AND without the benefit of any of the freedom and fun that you have the privilege of
enjoying here...
15th August 2006 07:52 PM
Gazza oh I can take a bit of stick when I have to...LOL

You dont need to mail me blanks, johanna...Jesus.. e-mail me your address again and Ill pop 'em off to ya
15th August 2006 08:00 PM
andrews27 Ah, geez -- since when have we become so PC that the good old Brooklyn "What am I, chopped liver?" challenge becomes some unspeakable curse? I'm spending the last hour searching my collection for the other boot release of "For your Precious Love," and my memory for whether the blue-silver 45 B-side of that title actually exists in my storage-held collection. I'm betting it exists somewhere, since I recall spending a lot of time looking to buy it in the 1990s. BTW, the difference between us and IORR is that they can afford all the reference books - that's only convenience, not elitism.

"A gentleman is never unintentionally rude" -- Arthur Wellesley, Duke of Wellington. Pardon me, Gazza, if I'm exciting the masses unintentionally.
15th August 2006 08:04 PM
glencar
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
no offense Gazza, but that last time you gushed about a song like this you were talking about Laugh I Nearly Died.

in hindsight, I dont think that was a song worth foaming all over

I doubt this one is too

You are such a moron...
15th August 2006 08:14 PM
Gazza
quote:
andrews27 wrote:
Ah, geez -- since when have we become so PC that the good old Brooklyn "What am I, chopped liver?" challenge becomes some unspeakable curse? I'm spending the last hour searching my collection for the other boot release of "For your Precious Love," and my memory for whether the blue-silver 45 B-side of that title actually exists in my storage-held collection. I'm betting it exists somewhere, since I recall spending a lot of time looking to buy it in the 1990s. BTW, the difference between us and IORR is that they can afford all the reference books - that's only convenience, not elitism.

"A gentleman is never unintentionally rude" -- Arthur Wellesley, Duke of Wellington. Pardon me, Gazza, if I'm exciting the masses unintentionally.

no problem. The intent is obviously lost in the translation somewhere...LOL

its definitely never been officially released, I'm just curious about whether another take (maybe its just a rehearsal take as some of those DW songs youve mentioned are little more than home demos) is out there as youve mentioned. Nico Zentgraf doesnt list it as having been recorded prior to Steel Wheels (and even he has that as 'unverified')

Curious about that amazon entry? who wrote it? is it a book review? Obviously theres a lot of songs that have been left over which we know the names of, but they havent circulated. Personally, I wouldnt put much faith in a hack like Davis. Karnbach did have good inside access when researching his book, although personally I think he could have used that privilege to be more detailed in a day to day manner.
15th August 2006 08:40 PM
andrews27 You may be right - I'm thinking that the Steel Wheels B-side I'm chasing in my head is actually "Wish I'd Never Met You." "For your Precious Love," though, was reported as a Steel Wheels song in, I believe, the Rolling Stone magazine article on Steel Wheels' impending release. It was published in the summer before the album/tour -- I reread it recently when I came upon that copy by accident. The Amazon quote is from a customer review of Dirty Work.

The boot that "Precious Love" is on exists in my CD-R collection, but I can't find it tonight. I can't get my HD searches (3 drives) to spit out the title, so I suspect that it might be on a disc I got from Rocks Off, possibly under the title "Piste 10" or something on one of many discs w/o info files. I'm going to keep looking, and listening if I have to, and hunt it down. My memory is that it's not this take, but a piano-vocal take with bass or organ in the background, similar to the several takes of "Drift Away." And, like that song, it also made period press as a possible cover on It's Only Rock'n'Roll, in pre-release articles on that album. (As did "Shame, Shame, Shame.")
15th August 2006 08:44 PM
andrews27 I agree with you, too, about Stephen Davis - the only thing worth reading in that book is the title.
15th August 2006 08:44 PM
Gazza "wish id never met you" - of course. Forgot that one. That was indeed a SW b-side. Its on Rarities too, I think.

15th August 2006 08:55 PM
Gazza
quote:
andrews27 wrote:
The boot that "Precious Love" is on exists in my CD-R collection, but I can't find it tonight. I can't get my HD searches (3 drives) to spit out the title, so I suspect that it might be on a disc I got from Rocks Off, possibly under the title "Piste 10" or something on one of many discs w/o info files.

Might it be another soul classic "loving you is sweeter than ever" ? From a boot of DW outtakes called 'some of us are on our knees' which was seeded a few months back (The torrent is dead but i found a link for one here from another site, with the track info)

http://db.etree.org/lookup_show.php?shows_key=295330

Theres also "Crushed Pearl"
http://db.etree.org/lookup_show.php?shows_key=292595

and a torrent was offered a while back called "The Glimemr twins private tapes" which consisted of about 30-40 mins of rough private early demos from Jan '85.

15th August 2006 08:58 PM
Fiji Joe Poop...the download limit has been reached...can someone repost it using www.yousendit.com ???????????
15th August 2006 09:04 PM
andrews27 No, I know "Loving you..." and I even saw it tonight on Place Pigalle (4-CD).** It was definitely the Jerry Butler song because I know it from 1960s radio, remembered that it was long rumored to exist as an RS boot, and almost s*** when I heard it. I'm going to find it on my HDs and get back to you -- I probably owe you a copy by now. If I could only shake that nagging feeling that it was released as a B-side somewhere (over the rainbow, as TSP would say?), because I remember having it on my 45 want list in the 1990s.

Also, I saw all the boots you mentioned on my HDs, and "Precious" isn't on them. I've been on this thing since we began, and haven't even found dinner yet.

**Error - Since we're double-checking, "Loving you is sweeter than ever" is not on Place Pigalle (I double-checked), but I saw it on another boot tonight.
[Edited by andrews27]
[Edited by andrews27]
15th August 2006 09:06 PM
Gazza
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Poop...the download limit has been reached...can someone repost it using www.yousendit.com ???????????

here ya go, Feej - Erik_Snow over on IORR has just uploaded it again

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=F62C81463E6EB847
15th August 2006 09:08 PM
andrews27 Do you have a track list for one called "Stones Dreams" I haven't had time to listen to all the unlabeled tracks. I think this was Rocks Off. Could be wrong; could be a wild goose, too.
15th August 2006 09:13 PM
pdog Gazza, my man. you were so right, not that I ever doubted. This is as good a quality as the Voodoo Lounge stuff.
Even better it starts with Keith singing a song that jagger does on the album.
This is pretty fucking awesome. All you mp3 heads, don't know what you're missing by not learning something as simple as torrents!
It takes more work to make Mp3's and UL to YouSendIt...
So it took me a few hours to get this entire set. Oh well.
Thx Gazza, if you hadn't pointed this out, I was going to pass it by. I heard some stuff before that was poor quality, which this is NOT!
15th August 2006 09:25 PM
Fiji Joe That is fantastic...very Temptationy...good call Gazza...
15th August 2006 09:28 PM
Riffhard Indeed! Great tune. A fine vocal performance by Mick on that one.

Thanks for the link.

Riffy
15th August 2006 09:31 PM
Stonesgail [quote]Gazza wrote:
..and the hairs on the back of my neck have just stood up.

Just heard for the first time the Stones' cover of "For Your Precious Love" from the Steel Wheels monitor mixes downloaded from the tracker

Gazza, I love this song. Believe it or not, I have
that song on a 45 by Jerry Butler. I also have it on
a 45 by Garnet Mims (betcha you've never heard of him.)
I can't wait to download it.

Gail

15th August 2006 09:41 PM
PartyDoll MEG Three listens .... 10 listens to Precious Love

This is a great stuff!! Love Keith singing Almost Hear You Sigh. And Precious Love is pure Jagger Soul, with great harmonies!!!
Thanks bwaudby for sharing this on RO!!!
15th August 2006 09:58 PM
Nasty Habits Stonesgail, Gazza will have to go to A Quiet Place to listen to Garnet Mimms, don't you think?

Well, I checked these out and personally, I think that it shows that rough mixes of Steel Wheels songs are still . . . Steel Wheels songs, and that for me, For Your Precious Love would sound better if they had done something creative to the arrangement instead of redoing the original. But I'm glad people are digging on it because it's a great song.

I continue to love "Break the Spell" no matter what its name is - the harmonica on that take is spectacular.

This is two torrents I've downloaded in just one day, which is kind of scary. I already spend way to much time beating the flea markets and scamming stuff off the competition, digging for stuff on Soulseek, and listening to promos. I don't need frigging torrents. Now the last vestige of reserve and sanity is gone . . .

You guys must have more hard drives than I have records ...
15th August 2006 10:06 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:

This is two torrents I've downloaded in just one day, which is kind of scary. I already spend way to much time beating the flea markets and scamming stuff off the competition, digging for stuff on Soulseek, and listening to promos. I don't need frigging torrents. Now the last vestige of reserve and sanity is gone . . .

Watch it Nasty!!! It becomes an addiction. You can download and burn more stuff than you have time to listen too!! I did get an external hard drive so I would have "space" for all these Torrents. the DVD's are the killers.-LOL
Unfortunately- I think it might be too late for you and you will be joining the rest of us!!!
15th August 2006 10:19 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:

Two torrents? Bwahahahahahaha! Just wait till you get a REAL torrent habit. Two will seem like little league!
Welcome to the jungle!

15th August 2006 10:42 PM
Taptrick
You guys have inspired me. I'm taking the dive. And by the way....I still get chills when I listen to LIND.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)