ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

El Ejido according to local witness Stoning!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Estadio da Dragao, Porto, 12th August - Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
12th August 2006 06:41 PM
Gazza 15. Honky Tonk Women

16. Sympathy For The Devil
17. Start Me Up
18. Brown Sugar
12th August 2006 07:02 PM
Gazza 19. YCAGWYW
20. Satisfaction
12th August 2006 07:35 PM
maumau
quote:
Gazza wrote:
13. Rough Justice
14. Miss You ("10/10 for Ron's guitar playing..")

thanks gaz
guess it is not miss you they played twice but she's so cold here )
12th August 2006 07:36 PM
Bitch

[Edited by Bitch]
12th August 2006 07:52 PM
Gazza
quote:
maumau wrote:

thanks gaz
guess it is not miss you they played twice but she's so cold here )

yes..sorry....amended!
12th August 2006 08:15 PM
Bitch Tumbling Dice

Before they make me Run

[Edited by Bitch]
12th August 2006 08:48 PM
Bitch

[Edited by Bitch]
13th August 2006 05:13 AM
Jeep

13th August 2006 12:37 PM
ohnonotyouagain She's So Cold on the b-stage, very cool. Any details about this one and how the guitars sounded?
13th August 2006 12:38 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
13th August 2006 12:57 PM
Jeep Video of the report broadcasted today on national portuguese TV, RTP.
Click the pix

13th August 2006 01:12 PM
Gazza
quote:
ohnonotyouagain wrote:
She's So Cold on the b-stage, very cool. Any details about this one and how the guitars sounded?

see my comments during the setlist updates above. Superb playing by Ronnie, apparently
13th August 2006 05:11 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Gazza wrote:

see my comments during the setlist updates above. Superb playing by Ronnie, apparently

i really hope he's on it on Sunday cos we're sitting/standing on his side of the stadium, in the first block!
[Edited by speedfreakjive]
14th August 2006 07:29 AM
corgi37 Not a bad set list. Gotta say though, Night time being replaced by something like Gimme Shelter would really fire up that middle section.
14th August 2006 08:25 AM
Gazza
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

i really hope he's on it on Sunday cos we're sitting/standing on his side of the stadium, in the first block!

us too. A1 on Sunday, A3 on Tuesday..4th and 5th rows. Cant remember which row on which night however. I have A3 Row 4 for Glasgow as well.
14th August 2006 08:26 AM
Bitch Agreed. Night Time should be replaced with BITCH, ROCKS OFF, WORRIED ABOUT YOU, or GIMME SHELTER. Why do the RS need to do a cover song anyway when they have so many originals?
14th August 2006 12:32 PM
jb
quote:
Bitch wrote:
Agreed. Night Time should be replaced with BITCH, ROCKS OFF, WORRIED ABOUT YOU, or GIMME SHELTER. Why do the RS need to do a cover song anyway when they have so many originals?

It was nice in the geginning as a tribut to RC who passed away...but it has long overstayed it's welcome and is as much a filler as Miss U has become.
14th August 2006 12:38 PM
Saint Sway did anyone pay to listen to the show on their cell phone??

anyone???

14th August 2006 02:18 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Gazza wrote:

us too. A1 on Sunday, A3 on Tuesday..4th and 5th rows. Cant remember which row on which night however. I have A3 Row 4 for Glasgow as well.

me and Zeeta will be in A1 on Sunday; row 10, seats 1 & 2.
14th August 2006 04:41 PM
Gazza I think we're in seats 1-4 in our row, so you'll be able to throw your beer straight at us....
14th August 2006 04:45 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:

It was nice in the geginning as a tribut to RC who passed away...but it has long overstayed it's welcome and is as much a filler as Miss U has become.

I love it, personally - but the whole point of the venture was to do tributes to different artists. They only did the Marley and Otis songs a couple of times each and Night Time has been the only cover played since the end of last year. I'm sure that by now Brother Ray has got the message that he's missed. That spot in the show has great potential, but (not for the first or last time on this tour) they simply got lazy.
14th August 2006 05:00 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I think we're in seats 1-4 in our row, so you'll be able to throw your beer straight at us....

i can't wait!!!
14th August 2006 05:05 PM
Gazza I shall bring a specially adapted funnel in order to make the most of it.

Please make it Carlsberg. Thanks.
14th August 2006 05:08 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I shall bring a specially adapted funnel in order to make the most of it.

Please make it Carlsberg. Thanks.

haha! is the Cabbage Patch easy to find from the station Gazza?
14th August 2006 05:11 PM
Gazza yes..from memory, I believe its a couple of hundred yards or so. A five minute walk at most.

The stadium is maybe a mile away from the pub.

edit - see the Twickenham thread. Ive posted pics, maps and local info.
[Edited by Gazza]
14th August 2006 11:26 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Some great pictures by our friend Juanillo from BdP http://rocksoff.org/foro I left the original texts in Spanish as I'm really running out of time and very busy

LA TENSA ESPERA

SEŅORAS Y SEŅORES: LOS ROLLING STONES

ESPERO QUE LES HAYA GUSTADO, EN OTRO MOMENTO QUE TENGA MAS TIEMPO, OS CUENTO MIS EMOCIONES EN EL CONCIERTO, YA VEIS COMO ACABE, SIN CAMISETA Y CASI SIN PANTALON, JAJAJA.

UN SALUDO A TODOS.
15th August 2006 01:19 AM
sun Pictures don't work to me .
15th August 2006 08:44 AM
Tom I can see them all and they are great pictures

15th August 2006 01:28 PM
Jumpinjackflash59 I was there with my daughter,her boyfriend, and a friend.

Beautiful city, we really had a fantastic time as tourists. And the show, despite the fact that Mick had obviously hard time with his voice (first alert during a tremendous Midnight Rambler, and it went worse and worse except the end of the show when strong medications probably began to work) was absolutely amazing. Very loud sound, guitars full blast, and the most lovely and warm and crazy crowd in Europe. My third show this leg and my favourit.
Two little stories:
The previous night, we had dinner by the Douro river, beautiful night, cool, warm. At some point, we realized that Ronnie, Charlie, and family walked by our table, 5 meters from us, and got into the next restaurant.

During She's So Cold on the b-stage, i looked at the main stage (the b-stage is so far there is nothing to see, and the sound is much better from the main stage). Much to my surprise, Jo Wood, son and daughter, and Alexandra and Theodora Richards were there on stage by Charlie's drums, dancing all together. Very touching.
[Edited by Jumpinjackflash59]
16th August 2006 07:23 AM
corgi37 Lovely photos, except for the topless one.

And, just a bit more whining about Night time. Ok, its a tribute to Ray and we all know that. But, he's been dead a fair while. I cant recall any interviews in over 40 years where they've raved about him and said what a influence he was. I'm sure there's some, but come on!

I mean, many other people have died as well. Cash is one who i think a tribute to would work great. But, and i know this is left field, but why not one to Billy Preston? Do Outta Space or something. I mean, to me, he influenced them a heck of a lot more than Ray Charles.

Or Marley for that matter. No doubt reggae is a large factor in the Stones ideals, Keith in particular, but i always got the impression they preferred Jimmy Cliff.
[Edited by corgi37]
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)