ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Throbby!!
Fenway Park, Boston - August 21, 2005
© Throbby - Click here for more
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What _was_ that song?... Return to archive
August 20th, 2005 03:38 AM
helios I heard a track on XM radio the other night, hadn't heard it in many years (back in the 70s), and now I'm really wanting to know the name of that song!

It's a very slow, bluesy acoustic piece, sounds like a live track with some bar noise in the background. It's got a slow, syncopated beat, very funky, with a great blues piano, sounds like a standup bass, a bit of guitar, and Mick on vocals singing something like "Saturday... it was a second night" or something similar-sounding, repeated over and over again. Someone else was also sitting in on vocals, sounded like Muddy Waters, maybe. It just had a great funky, bluesy feel to it, brought back a real sense of nostalgia for the good old days of real FM radio when you could still hear great offbeat pieces like this.

Anyway, anyone out there who can tell me what this song is?

Thanks for any help,

steve
August 20th, 2005 03:40 AM
beer Melody?

---
August 20th, 2005 03:46 AM
beer I dunno but i just listened to "melody" tonight from the black and blue album and i think that's what yer thinkin of. "Melody, it was her second name"..

weird thing is, I never ever listen to that record but i did about ten minutes ago...

-
August 20th, 2005 10:11 AM
gimmekeef Its Melody...no doubt....great little obscure track..
August 20th, 2005 11:11 AM
JaggerLips Melody. melody it was her second name yeah baby yeah baby it was her second name.....

Great mickey take on blues songs I think!
August 20th, 2005 11:14 AM
exile
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Its Melody...no doubt....great little obscure track..

yes for sure.......a great track from Black and Blue one of my favs
August 20th, 2005 12:40 PM
helios All right! Thanks for the identification! I went straight to iTunes and bought the track.

Now, this Black and Blue track isn't the same version that I heard on XM Radio (Deep Tracks channel). That version was a live recording, and it sounded like it was performed maybe in a bar; there was some background noise, voices in the audience, glasses clinking, etc. Gave it a real atmospheric feel, really funky. I think it was also longer than the Black and Blue track; it had a nice long slow jam feeling to it.

It's possible that track was an unreleased one, maybe a BBC recording or something. Also, I could swear I heard someone else backing on vocals, sounded like Muddy Waters maybe.

Anyone got any ideas on this?

Thanks for the help!

steve

[Edited by helios]
[Edited by helios]
August 20th, 2005 12:52 PM
Moonisup joy from GITD
August 20th, 2005 12:57 PM
glencar Perhaps it was the live performance from London 1999? That was a theater show.
August 20th, 2005 01:27 PM
helios Hmmm... Live performance from London. Was that released on an album? If that live version of Melody is available, I'd sure like to get it!

thx,

steve

August 20th, 2005 01:30 PM
glencar Bootleg only mate.
August 20th, 2005 01:55 PM
T&A it was done at El Mocambo '77 - but that version hasn't circulated...
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)