ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Throbby!!
Fenway Park, Boston - August 21, 2005
© Throbby - Click here for more
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Boston to Gauge Stones' Decibel Level Return to archive
August 19th, 2005 01:28 PM
justinkurian Boston to Gauge Stones' Decibel Level 15 minutes ago

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050819/ap_en_mu/music_rolling_stones;_ylt=Av13w9i4YgOqL38QazOeUz9xFb8C;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

While fans are rocking to the Rolling Stones inside Fenway Park, police officers armed with noise meters will be positioned outside the ballpark Sunday night.

If the noise surpasses 70 decibels on the surrounding streets, Patricia Malone, director of the Mayor's Office of Consumer Affairs and Licensing, will be alerted, and she will tell concert host Clear Channel to turn it down.

It's all part of the city's efforts to minimize the impact of the Fenway concerts — now in their third year — on the neighborhood.

"It's something they've done for the past two concerts, and I've asked them to do it for this concert as well," Malone told The Boston Globe.

She said any major problems would be fixed between Sunday and the second Stones concert on Tuesday night.

The Stones are kicking off their North American tour at Fenway Park. The 93-year-old ballpark had never hosted a concert before Bruce Springsteen played there in the summer of 2003. Jimmy Buffett played two shows at Fenway last September.

August 19th, 2005 01:54 PM
Lazy Bones If I was one of "Boston's finest", my device would mysteriously have it's batteries missing!

I'll bet they weren't on the streets during the World Series...
August 19th, 2005 02:02 PM
nankerphelge Damn right!

If I see any of them noise meters, I am gonna piss all over it!
August 19th, 2005 04:43 PM
nankerphelge Joey????

August 19th, 2005 04:56 PM
Joey
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Joey????

Nanky ?!?!

August 19th, 2005 04:57 PM
glencar Fine away! That's what R&R is all about!
August 19th, 2005 05:09 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Fine away! That's what R&R is all about!

Damn Straight My Stonesian Buttercup !
August 19th, 2005 05:23 PM
pdog
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:

The SF Tranny Hookers keep getting hotter and hotter!
August 19th, 2005 05:28 PM
glencar Fox News just reported on this issue a few minutes ago. The Stones media machine is doing overtime!
August 19th, 2005 09:43 PM
Steel Wheels How lame is this news?

"The Rolling Stones must be monitored to ensure proper audio levels."

"Excuse me, Mr. Richards. Would you mind turning that guitar down?"

If people around a stadium have a problem with noise, move. Hasn't that ballpark been there for ever?

August 19th, 2005 10:37 PM
glencar Yeah, it's almost as old as Bill Wyman!
August 20th, 2005 10:01 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
How lame is this news?

If people around a stadium have a problem with noise, move. Hasn't that ballpark been there for ever?

You clearly have no idea where the Park is located or in what neighborhood it is situated.

August 20th, 2005 03:04 PM
Soldatti What a joke.
Keith, please, blow the damn town out.
August 21st, 2005 02:32 AM
Steel Wheels I don't have a clue where it is and I could care less about the neighborhood.

It's just strange that a public facility that is designed to hold thousands upon thousands of people and sell as much beer as possible is going to be monitored for sound waves from a rock band.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)