ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Throbby!!
Fenway Park, Boston - August 21, 2005
© Throbby - Click here for more
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: All right...pass around the rotten eggs....a pie in the face is too good for him. Return to archive
August 19th, 2005 01:13 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Garth Brooks Inks Exclusive Deal With Wal-Mart
By Melinda Newman, L.A.

Garth Brooks has signed a multi-year, exclusive pact with Wal-Mart, making the retailer and its Sam's Clubs and Walmart.com outlets the only places where his music will be commercially available.

The deal with Brooks marks the first time an artist -- and certainly a superstar -- has aligned himself and his entire catalog with one chain. (A number of other retailers have started labels, but they were never exclusive to the retailer and most have shut down).

August 19th, 2005 01:32 PM
jpenn11 This could be great--less Garth Brooks cluttering up the other stores.
August 19th, 2005 01:38 PM
Gazza I hope this is a worldwide arrangement, because we dont have either of those stores in the UK.

Is he still a "superstar", though. he's been somewhat low key since he disappeared up the ass of self-indulgence with that ludicrous attempt to reinvent himself as Chris Gaines a few years ago

Steve Earle summed him up best :

"He really can't sing..he really can't carry a tune in a bucket. His records need a lot of work. He really is tone deaf. He's one of the worst singers I've ever heard in my life. I think Garth Brooks is kind of evil just because he sucks so much energy and money out of the business..."
August 19th, 2005 01:56 PM
FPM C10 This works nicely for me. I hate Wal Mart and I hate Garth Brooks. Now I can avoid them both simultaneously.

Now if we could get Toby Keith to sign a similar deal...

Does that mean Wal Mart has exclusive rights to the Chris Gaines catalog too?

Miss Youngblood and I were eating breakfast in a little diner after a gig a few months ago and there was a Chris Gaines song on the jukebox! It was probably the WORST jukebox I've ever seen but that took the cake!

August 19th, 2005 02:10 PM
Lazy Bones HMV will beat them to it and pull ALL of his material.
August 19th, 2005 02:42 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jpenn11 wrote:
This could be great--less Garth Brooks cluttering up the other stores.

Like him or not he is a huge superstar, he reintroduced country music to a new generation and is repsonsible for the "rock country" that is very popular today. While his personal life leaves a bit to be desired......many other musicians do too. I seen him perform live and it was a hell of a show (one of the first dates with my now wife). This is an innovative business deal and with the advent of the E Business, the titles are avaiable worldwide, and the one positive i can say about walmart is that they keep the prices low and while their selection usually stinks in store and their practices suspect...they keep more money in my pocket to provide for my family and I like that.

I will vomit four times during the Black Eyed Peas set on Sunday, and additional vomit has been promised after seen the pictures of their singer urinating herself.
August 19th, 2005 03:19 PM
FPM C10 Your remarks about Garth Brooks and Wal Mart have caused me to rethink my allegiance to the pug army.

Your remarks about the Black Eyed Peas HELPED, but this is still...

DEVELOPING!

FLACKY!
August 19th, 2005 03:24 PM
sirmoonie
August 19th, 2005 03:28 PM
kath garth's not all that bad. i liked his alter ego (forget the name he used) and this is not any worse than the stones being promoted by ameriquest, legendary ripper offers of the poor.
August 19th, 2005 03:28 PM
Joey

Moonie ?!?!

Nanky ?!?!

August 19th, 2005 03:32 PM
sirmoonie Franco Harris or Gabe Kaplan?
August 19th, 2005 03:33 PM
Joey
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Franco Harris or Gabe Kaplan?

Neither !!!!!

This Dude :

Flack the Y !
August 19th, 2005 03:36 PM
voodoopug
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
Your remarks about Garth Brooks and Wal Mart have caused me to rethink my allegiance to the pug army.

Your remarks about the Black Eyed Peas HELPED, but this is still...

DEVELOPING!

FLACKY!

you are very valuable to the task at hand....will it help if I proclaim Vomit #3 as "This one's for FPM!!!" when the Peas are playing?
August 19th, 2005 05:30 PM
kath http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Gaines

chris gaines. fascinating experiment, i thought.

August 19th, 2005 07:19 PM
FPM C10
quote:
kath wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Gaines

chris gaines. fascinating experiment, i thought.

Geez, Kath, PAY ATTENTION!! We were talking about Chris Gaines all the way through the thread! I even dug up a picture of him!

It WAS a fascinating experiment...to guage the extremes a bald man will go to in order to have hair for awhile.

OK, I'll admit it - I like Garth's version of "To Make You Feel My Love" a little bit.

Wal Mart is run by SATAN. Everyone who works there is a ZOMBIE SLAVE in a drug stupor. The money they make goes straight to Kim Il Jung or whatever his name is. Sam Walton promised Garth that hair would grow on his bald head if he signed his soul, er, catalog over!

It's TRUE!!!

August 19th, 2005 07:21 PM
FPM C10
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

you are very valuable to the task at hand....will it help if I proclaim Vomit #3 as "This one's for FPM!!!" when the Peas are playing?

!!!!!

August 19th, 2005 07:38 PM
The Wick I don't know which one is going to make me puke more: Black Eyed Peas or Maroon 5? You don't even have to listen to the music, the names just show how shocking they are.
August 19th, 2005 08:39 PM
kath thanks for the clarification....
August 20th, 2005 12:32 AM
kath i won't be puking, but i am sorry i missed the chris gaines mention....

been under a lot of person pressure lately....sorry for going off.

except for the "gaza" thing...spelled wrong, NO stones content...thoughtless and compassion free regarding those people. and whether they were the actual people leaving or protestors made no difference. the point was religion vs politics. and excuse me, but politics is discussed on nearly every thread of this board, so lame defense.

anyway, i'll shut up now. more crap happening with my home back home...brother being terrorized...he's my only "blood family"....my husband is a full scale emotional meltdown/midlife crisis....

oops..sorry...nsc here....

bye.

August 20th, 2005 10:14 AM
corgi37 Was the Gaines character supposed to be Australian?

And, also, are there photos of Fergie from the Black Eyed Peas pissing?

I'd like to see them...for research reasons.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)