ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Throbby!!
Fenway Park, Boston - August 21, 2005
© Throbby - Click here for more
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Corgi, great news! (nsc) Return to archive
August 19th, 2005 08:46 AM
egon http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/4164808.stm
August 20th, 2005 01:00 AM
corgi37 I expect to be called Lord Corgi by the plebs who open doors for me. When my wife masturbates me, i expect to to say "Hail the royal sperm!"
August 20th, 2005 01:08 AM
glencar The Qantas pilots always say, "Cheers, mate!" which is a nice way to sign off.
August 20th, 2005 07:53 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
I expect to be called Lord Corgi by the plebs who open doors for me. When my wife masturbates me, i expect to to say "Hail the royal sperm!"

How can a guy who professess to hate country music be of noble birth and refined tastes?
August 20th, 2005 09:58 AM
corgi37 My great-great Grandfather was from Oakham, Mass. He came to Oz in 1856 or something.

We went to U.S. from Eire.

We went to Eire from Scotland.

In the history books, check out "Bravehearts" mother. She was a Crawford. As am i. Our 1st known dude was Sir Reginald DeCraeuferd, or something like that, back in the 11th century. We had/have a castle in Kilbirnie, Scotland.

I tell my wife's kids, my step-kids, that if MY kids want anything of theirs, they can have it, and the "non Crawfords" better be frigging grateful they are being tolerated, let alone fed.

Apart from that, i drive a shitty 18 year old death-trap (alternator last night - $289.00) and earn the least of all my mates. My wife no longer puts out, the house is a mess, and my twins are killing me!!

So, i trade off the glory of my ancestors.

I'm such a loser.

But, hey, at least i hate, hate, hate with a vengeance, cuntry music. I loathe it! Dont mind some Kristofferson (he's touring here now), and there is one Johnny Cash song i just cry my eyes out when i see it. Can never remember its name, but its like a cover of Nine inch nails song or something. Its a 1 word title. The film clip is just amazingly powerful.

Apart from that, to me, cuntry music is just conservative shit. Its now been taken over by flag waving "chicken hawks". It's no longer about the average man, its about patriotism. Which, as we all know, is the last bastion of a scoundrel. I adore Neil Young's accoustic stuff, didnt mind Mellencamp's sort of country/rock type stuff, but man, i just cant abide all the flag waving crap. Aussie country music is even worse. Our insecure "artists" mostly use Yank accents, which riles me no end.

I will say that SOME country i havent minded. But, i hate all the truck driving, beer loving, pick up driving stuff. There's even a song of the country channel called "I love this bar", and another called "I love beer".

I mean, when they start singing "I love wanking", or, "Lets butt-fuck in Alabama" (which i believe is illegal), then i will come around. Sadly, its now all too much gloss, too much taken over by right-wingers, trying to out do themselves to prove how much they love their (read U.S.) country, right or wrong. No one questions? No one deviates. It used to be once upon a time, every 'average' Joe hated the Gov't. Any Gov't. But all these 10 gallon hat wearing knob-knockers are just too eager, scarily too eager, to jump onto the conservative band-wagon. Where is the challenge? Some do, and they get flamed (Dixie Chicks anybody), and replaced by some vaccuous, unoffensive, trivial crap.

And, i just cant tolerate moustaches! Combine that with cowboy hats, songs about baseball, clips driving pick up trucks and flashing big belt buckles, well hell boy, why would a suburban member of Scottish royalty dig that crap.

1 thing, 1 important thing i DO, DO, Do like about SOME cuntry music (i do flick to the country music channel a bit) is the incredible amount of hot chicks in the film clips.

And, i'd do Faith Hill.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)