ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Throbby!!
Fenway Park, Boston - August 21, 2005
© Throbby - Click here for more
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Fenway Rehearsal Tonight Return to archive Page: 1 2
August 18th, 2005 08:34 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle On scene reports from Stonedoug's board are that the band's in the pahk, and so far they've played Ain't Too Proud To Beg, Tunblin' Dice, Shattered and She's So Cold.

August 18th, 2005 09:07 PM
glencar 70's night at Fenway!
August 18th, 2005 09:37 PM
Stonesdoug Rehearsal Set List:
Ain't Too Proud To Beg
Tumblin Dice
Shattered
She's so Cold
Night time (Ray Charles)
Rough Justice
Oh no Not You Again
Streets Of Love
The Worst
The Worst Again!! Keith laughed as first ending was rough
Great Slide and Harmonies
Infamy
[Edited by Stonesdoug]
[Edited by Stonesdoug]
August 18th, 2005 09:39 PM
pdog My nipples have just left my body and jumped a plane to Boston.
August 18th, 2005 09:41 PM
glencar night & day?
August 18th, 2005 10:40 PM
jamesmayo
quote:
pdog wrote:
My nipples have just left my body and jumped a plane to Boston.

You want your slices of bread back?
August 18th, 2005 11:27 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
Stonesdoug wrote:
Rehearsal Set List:
Ain't Too Proud To Beg
Tumblin Dice
Shattered
She's so Cold
Night and Day (Blues Song)
Rough Justice
Oh no Not You Again
Streets Of Love
The Worst
Infamy
[Edited by Stonesdoug]

Seems like Night And Day might actually be Night Time (Is The Right Time). "Night and day" is sung every other line.

Anybody able to confirm that?
August 19th, 2005 12:23 AM
Nellcote My good buddy Wintah from Rocks Off drops me a line about 8P tonight, "I'm outside of Fenway, they are playing Aint Too Proud To Beg" WTF? Called my partner in crime, we got in the car for the 40 minute trip. So, we find ourselves sitting outside at the patio bar @ The Cask & Flagon, directly across the street from the back of Fenway. Couldn't have been a better evening, great breeze, hoisting beers, listening to the Stones! We got there only to hear the Keith numbers, however, dammit, It's The Stones! Worth the trip. Could hear the music clear as a bell. Walked around the back of Fenway, witness to a Mercedes limo whisked out of Fenway, which probably had some band members in it. The night was over. The 1st of many Stones nights to come...

Thanks for the 411 Wintah!
August 19th, 2005 07:33 AM
luxury1 Hot Damn!! THat is too cool, Nellie and Winter. By the reports I am reading, this is gonna be some ride..........all the hair on my body (hey--there isnt THAT much, so stop with the snide remarks) is standing on end. Really.
August 19th, 2005 07:58 AM
throbby How in the hell am I supposed to perform my many tasks today? I'm at work in body only. Two days! Just two days!

Doug! Thank you so much for all your time and effort. What a great and informative board you have. Looking forward to meeting you again.
August 19th, 2005 08:12 AM
winter Nelly,

Good catching up last night. Sorry you missed a good chunk of the rehersals. Looking for to tossing a few back tomorrow.

I may swing by fenway tonight. I'll let you know if anything is going on.

Peace out hommie,
August 19th, 2005 08:53 AM
LadyJane Thanks for the phone call, Nelly!!!!! Can't wait to meet you.

I am losing it.........I have to pack.....I have to get ready to get on the plane.........I AM GOING TO BOSTON in the morning......AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

LJ.
August 19th, 2005 09:10 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Stonesdoug wrote:
The Worst
The Worst Again!!

Love it! Thanks, Doug.
August 19th, 2005 09:32 AM
Jerry in Boston
quote:
Stonesdoug wrote:
Rehearsal Set List:
Ain't Too Proud To Beg
Tumblin Dice
Shattered
She's so Cold
Night time (Ray Charles)
Rough Justice
Oh no Not You Again
Streets Of Love
The Worst
Infamy
[Edited by Stonesdoug]
[Edited by Stonesdoug]

I went to Fenway after work and walked around. I then parked my behind on a curb on... oh crap, I don't know the name of the street but it's the one with Gate B ... anyway, I saw a black mercedez sneak in the back way (all the media were assembled at the other end of the street) and actually drive into Fenway park. After a couple minutes the car backed out, they shut the gate and the car parked on the street to wait. I got up and walked down to the corner where the media and lots of fans were waiting. We saw an SUV arrive with Ronnie and Bernard, then a black Mercedez brought Charlie (he looked quite snazzy), and a big van brought Keith.

I ended up eventually sitting down on the same curb as before because the sound was great there. Other people were sitting there as well. When I head the band rehearsing She's So Cold, I nearly died (not just from the excitment but I suddenly realized I was starving! LOL). I loved hearing the band rehearsing the bridge to "Cold" a few times and then did the song. Mick didn't seem to confident on the lyrics and the arrangement was a bit longer as a result but I didn't care... I was just happy to hear it! After that song, and after being so freakin' happy to hear that song, I knew if I didn't go find something to eat I would certainly pass out. LOL So, I had to start walking away, slowly, hoping to hear more but I had to. I did actually hear Rough Justice from about a block away and I can't wait to see them do that one. When I stepped out of McDonald's after attempting to eat a hamburger (yuck), I could hear a ballad but didn't know it was Streets of Love at the time. I made my way to the bus during that one.

CAN'T FREAKIN' WAIT FOR THE SHOWS!
J
August 19th, 2005 12:34 PM
T&A SOL rehearsed, eh? Inevitable I guess - but you can probably forget any other ballad chestnuts making into the set. Mick won't do more than one/show.
August 19th, 2005 01:28 PM
Gimme Shelter I hope they play Lady Jane sometime during the tour.
August 19th, 2005 01:49 PM
FPM C10 NIGHT TIME? "The night time is the right time / to be with the one you love"??? BROTHER RAY???

GOOD LORD. WEll now I don't know WHICH cover to hope for. Get Up Stand Up, Thank You (falletinmebemicelfagin), Night Time- I wanna hear ALL of them!! Those last two have valid reasons to have a horn section and three backup singers, too.

This tour is going to ROCK.
August 19th, 2005 02:12 PM
Joey
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
.all the hair on my body (hey--there isnt THAT much, so stop with the snide remarks) is standing on end. Really.

Landing Strip ?!?!
August 19th, 2005 02:12 PM
Jumping Jack There is a Boston radio interview with Keef who said they were considering artist theme nights (instead of album nights) where they cover 3 Ray Charles or Otis R songs. He didn't mention him, but sign me up for Chuck Berry night!
August 19th, 2005 02:14 PM
Joey
quote:
Gimme Shelter wrote:
I hope they play Lady Jane sometime during the tour.

Amen !!

Frig Yeah ...... !!!

I'm now so excited I am typing this with me nipples AND penis

Joey !
August 19th, 2005 02:22 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
There is a Boston radio interview with Keef who said they were considering artist theme nights (instead of album nights) where they cover 3 Ray Charles or Otis R songs. He didn't mention him, but sign me up for Chuck Berry night!

no thanks.

figure they'll do 20-22 songs. As much as I enjoy the occassional cover slipped in here and there, we dont need a block of 3 covers from the same artist in place of 3 Stones gems.

and aside from the amazing rendition of Get Up/Stand Up that they did in Toronto, I cant think of a cover that I'd rather hear over a Stones classic.
August 19th, 2005 02:42 PM
T&A i agree - keep the themes to Stones songs. I presume Ain't Too Proud to Beg will be there - but they would also do, what, Imagination and Can't Get Next To You on "Temptations Night?" Can't believe that....
August 19th, 2005 05:15 PM
Nellcote Soundcheck update per local Bahston TV just on...

Live copter shots showed a guitarist walking around the B Stage, which has a plastic cover affixed over the drum kit..

Tour Production person would not allow the finished stage to be shown, saying "The Stones have pulled out all of the stops looking to make this an event." The helicopter did show a large multicolored tongue towards the back of the stage..

The local reporter did note that the Stones will be rehearsing again this evening, from 6P-9P, Rolling Stones time....

Here it comes, here it comes....
August 19th, 2005 05:23 PM
glencar You should go!
August 19th, 2005 05:24 PM
Nellcote How I Wish...Family matters to attend, it's coming up on a busy week. Last night was the icing on the cake...More to come..
August 19th, 2005 05:27 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Soundcheck update per local Bahston TV just on...

Live copter shots showed a guitarist walking around the B Stage, which has a plastic cover affixed over the drum kit..

YEESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The B-STAGE IS BAAAAAAAAACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've got seats right next to the b-stage for MSG & Hartford!!!!

pair of Hartford b-stage tix available for TRADE for a pair to the Hershey show any local.
pm me
August 19th, 2005 05:28 PM
glencar Say, I've got B-stage tix for HFD too!
August 19th, 2005 05:29 PM
Nellcote Sway, we'll need to hook up, I'm @ the B in Hahtfud as well..I recall others are here also..

August 19th, 2005 05:39 PM
glencar Nellie, we'll finally meet. Please don't wear a Bosox cap!
August 19th, 2005 05:41 PM
Nellcote Football Stadium Requires a choice of one of three NE Patriot Super Bowl Champion Hats...what say you?
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)