ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

St Jakob Stadion, Basel, Switzerland July 29, 1995
By Chief Moon!!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The number of club show songs. Return to archive
08-19-02 04:42 PM
midnightmagic 15 songs in Toronto do you think this is about the same they will play in the other "club shows" or do you think they will get closer to 20 -25??

I hope so.
08-19-02 05:17 PM
voodoopug Warm up gigs are usually about 15 songs, i think we will still see 20-25 songs in all venues
08-19-02 05:23 PM
Stonesmillenium2001 that is very correct voodoopug.
08-19-02 07:24 PM
Gazza Forget 25 songs..theyve been playing slightly less with every succeeding tour in the last decade or so....by which reckoning about 20 for most shows this time would be normal, id imagine.

warm up shows are always pretty short,so I wouldnt use the other night necessariy as a barometer. When they do a club show during a tour,theyre usually pretty similar in length to a "main " show,maybe a couple of songs shorter.
08-19-02 07:29 PM
Stonesmillenium2001 during steel wheels they played 25 to 27 songs a night
during voodoo lounge they played 23 to 27 songs a night
during bridges to babylong they played 22 to 25 songs a night
during no security they played 20 to 22 songs a night
08-19-02 07:46 PM
Mr T wow - I didn't know thy did that many. Ya think this tour their gona play longer than NS again?

I don't ge thte impression they took NS as seriously as other tours - just a chance to make up dayes for B2B - try some different songs & switch things around a bit, I guess they didn't wanna rehearse that many different songs. NS was a pretty short tour anyway. 25 songs on the Bridges tour ain't bad - that's more than I could ask for. I would guess they'd be raising the bar if anything - at least for some venues(I would expect stadiums.)
[Edited by Mr T]
08-19-02 08:16 PM
Gazza 25 songs on the Bridges tour ain't bad - that's more than I could ask for. I would guess they'd be raising the bar if anything - at least for some venues(I would expect stadiums.)
[Edited by Mr T]

the first few 1997 BTB shows were 24 songs...they were the longest of the entire world tour..after that it was generally about 22..by 1998 it was 21-22. the No Security tour had 21 to begin with, which dropped to 20 after a month or so...the European 1999 stadoum shows had 21 songs each night
08-19-02 10:24 PM
Mr T that's still not too bad. hopefully, they'll at least start with a lot - and not lower it a lot until I've seen em I'd imagine this tour will be pretty ambitious - or at least start out that way. Only one way to find out, but I don't think we need to worry about short set lists
[Edited by Mr T]
08-19-02 10:29 PM
Stonesmillenium2001 the early shows the longest sets. then it is condensed.
08-20-02 12:34 AM
midnightmagic I do not think we will get to see the 23-27 song shows again. These guys have aged, and they have one hell of a long tour ahead of them. The thing that gets me is they are charging a hell of a lot more for this tour.

Are we gonna get more for the buck this time? We all shall see.

I am just happy it is getting ready to go...

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road