ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

St Jakob Stadion, Basel, Switzerland July 29, 1995
By Chief Moon!!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What Stonedoug Said ! Return to archive
08-19-02 01:23 PM
steel driving hammer "A lot of tears in people's eyes after that one."

He made a good post today at Keno's board but it's burried down below.

Since some here don't visit there, thought I'd share it here...

"The song started out a little slow--Charlie needs to pick it up a bit. But once it got started, the song rocked. The instrumental was started out by Bobby Keys who just wailed, then Keith brought in the change over and Ronnie did the whole lead and he was AMAZING... by the time of the tour they will have this song down tight--it was the biggest crowd pleaser with the audience screaming and shaking their hands in the air for a long time. Mind you, it will never be the same as on the studio version--what song is???

Torn and Frayed--Keith on accoustic and Ronnie on guitar--halfway through the song, Ronnie put the guitar down and moved to the front of the stage- I thought he was up to his old tricks, but lo and behold there was a pedal steel there and Ronnie gsat down to finish the song. A lot of tears in people's eyes after that one.

Wild Horses was weak-I Can't Turn You Loose a lot of fun with the Memphis horn sound-(there were 4 horn players) but they were only on stage about half the show.

I have listened to Don't Stop for over an hour now--it is very pop but I think it could be a hit--the bridge reminds me of Just Another Night

Jumping Jack Flash was the tightest I have heard it in over 25 years. The guitar lickes were exactly like the single and it was all Ronnie. If Ronnie can keep himself together, we are going to see the show we have all been waiiting for."

Gasland Thread

08-19-02 02:28 PM
Ken
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:

Torn and Frayed--Keith on accoustic and Ronnie on guitar--halfway through the song, Ronnie put the guitar down and moved to the front of the stage- I thought he was up to his old tricks, but lo and behold there was a pedal steel there and Ronnie gsat down to finish the song. A lot of tears in people's eyes after that one.Gasland Thread

It's funny how folks recall things differently.
I thought Mick played acoustic on Torn and Frayed
While Keith played that new Anderson(?) guitar I
mentioned earlier.

Ken
08-19-02 02:30 PM
sandrew As JB and other lawyers will tell ya, people are bad witnesses.
08-19-02 05:05 PM
steel driving hammer I didn't write that article, just copied and pasted it.

Ronnie did switch guitars durring Torn and Frayed.

Dunno if Keith did, prolly not.

You Got To Roll Me All Down The Line Down The Road Apiece....

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road