ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

St Jakob Stadion, Basel, Switzerland July 29, 1995
By Chief Moon!!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ronnie Return to archive
08-19-02 08:56 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy From the shots I've seen of him from Toronto Tom -

He looks terrible, don't he? Those shots from Set 5 of Tom's - one of them has him like a frightened rabbit! His arms are so stretched thin - he's all skin and bones. I miss frizzy-haired Ronnie - he looks all combed down now. Bring back frizzy-haired Ronnie! This isn't relating to his playing - everyone knows he's surpassed expectations - but in terms of physical appearance - he looks just so... unwell!

Although, if his frizziness and healthliness comes at the cost of his soberness... keep poorly-groomed Ronnie! Go poorly-groomed Ronnie go!

On a related note - hehehe... there's a shot of Tom's of Keith... where Charlie has the 'open' sign on his drums - and Darryl's giving him the "What are you *doing*?" look.

-tSYX --- If you feel like dancing - wait!
08-19-02 02:23 PM
jb He looks more fucked up sober than usual...very weird .
08-19-02 02:27 PM
padre I think it's the same as with Tom Waits: the longer he stays sober the stranger his music gets!
08-19-02 02:30 PM
Nellcote I really find it so unreal to read these posts about the judgement of how one of these four veteran's of the Rock N Roll lifestyle look. What right is there to be so judgemental? Frankly, each of these blokes looked damn good to myself. I've been in the front row in '75 for the
Faces, as well as B to B, each time, they all looked animated, into the groove. What does anyone get out of judging how they look? Next thing you know, I'll read of a "Who's next to die in Rock" pool here, where wagers will be taken. Christ all mighty, give it up, enjoy the music.
If you are so concerned, wire transfer funds to them for a makeover, otherwise, WTF? Give it up!
08-19-02 03:01 PM
jb Your right Nellcote, I apologize to Ronnie...he still has great hair!
08-19-02 03:09 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy I'm not trying to detract from the music at all - the fact that he looks like shit makes no difference in his music - I'm thrilled, and I'm not bashing him on it at all - I just wish he'd bring back the frizzy hair! But, as I said earlier, the music comes first, and he could come out totally shaved and with D-cup breasts and I'd still yell and scream for the music. I'm just concerned for our poor Ronnie - as my grandmother would say, he needs more meat on his bones!

-tSYX --- Drippin' from your lips...
08-19-02 03:11 PM
Martha

Ronnie has always been skinny as hell...HELLO

His arms thin?!?...well they got some muscle tone and consider his age.... then look at people around you who are his age... duh!

I think he looks DAMN good!....

And he's playin' great...let's fuckin' celebrate people!!!

it's only R&R....
08-19-02 03:12 PM
Nellcote Could it be, that in his older years, he no longer posses
the ability to have the "Rooster Frock"? You'll notice his former partner in crime, Rod The Mod can't achieve that now either.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road