ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

St Jakob Stadion, Basel, Switzerland July 29, 1995
By Chief Moon!!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Live From Vacation - Sticky Fingers Maastricht? Return to archive
08-19-02 08:32 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Hello everyone - I'm out here in Holland, preaching my American Stones Tongue in foreign lands. "Repent, for the Start of the tour is nigh!"

And, of course, I can't *listen* to the recording of "Don't Stop"... damnit!

If anyone's around Maastricht, I'm going into Sticky Fingers there tonight - if it's open (it's Monday)! Any live bands around there?

Anything Stonesy to do in Amsterdam?

-tSYX --- Yeah at 12 o'clock... yeah, the place was packed...
08-19-02 09:22 AM
Moonisup Yeah I know that club I've been there 1 year ago! Nothing in Amsterdam today but sunday there will be a sones fanclub day in Utrecht
08-19-02 09:30 AM
Joey "Anything Stonesy to do in Amsterdam? "

Yes , please pay a visit to the " Sensi Smile " coffee shop and then thank me later . Try a little " Purple Haze " for the Jo Jo !

Bunny Joey

08-19-02 09:38 AM
Moonisup hahahahahaha
08-19-02 09:48 AM
Mathijs Fortunately there's lots more to do than just getting stoned in Amsterdam. I would advise to go to "De Melkweg" and "Paradiso" on de "Leidseplein" (Leidsesquare), there's concerts every monday night (and you can also get stoned, so you don't have to sit as the average tourist in a coffee shop). right on the corner at The Heerengracht is Jagger's appartment, just 100 meters away from the Stones head office Promopub BV. Across the canal is the restaurant were jagger was hit by Charlie in 1983. On De Leidseplein is also a cafe with a large Stones tongue, but I wouldn't go there as it's filled with 50+ people complaing everything was much better in 1966.

Mathijs
08-19-02 10:01 AM
Joey "Across the canal is the restaurant were jagger was hit by Charlie in 1983. On De Leidseplein is also a cafe with a large Stones tongue, but I wouldn't go there as it's filled with 50+ people complaing everything was much better in 1966. "

I thought Charlie punched out Mick Jagger in 1984 ?

In the missive " Old Gods Almost Dead " , the author states that this most extraordinary incident occurred in 1984 . Yes ?????

" I'm not your F##King Drummer Ronnie "

Joey

08-19-02 10:02 AM
Moonisup Hey that's new for me?!
Is mick a lot in Amsterdam mathijs??

Moon is up sun is down
08-19-02 10:57 AM
Mathijs Joey, you make me doubt whether it was 1983 or 84 -If I remember correctly it was for discussions on the new CBS contract and on the possibilities for a new tour, so it could have been 1984 indeed.

And no, Jagger doesn't visit Amsterdam a lot anymore. He did in the 80's, during She's The Boss and when he was recording Primitive Cool. There's a nice story about jagger in Amsterdam. During visits in 1982 Jagger felt he needed a drink, and just went into the Palladium cafe on de Leidseplein to have one. Within a minute word was out it was Jagger standing there at the bar, and 10 minutes later the bar was jammed by 500 visitors, and the riot police literally had to free Jagger out of the Palladium.

The Promopub BV office is now merely a paper office, as the Stones have tens of them scattered around the world. In this way they can benefit from all different tax systems.

Mathijs

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road