ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

St Jakob Stadion, Basel, Switzerland July 29, 1995
By Chief Moon!!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: One Observation Return to archive
08-17-02 07:23 PM
winter The Ronnie bashers seem a bit quiet today

Let's hope he keeps it up,

winter

"Everything all right in the critic's section"
08-17-02 07:34 PM
Honky Tonk Man EXACTLY!

WHO THE FUCK IS MICK TAYLOR WHEN YO HAVE RONNIE?

KEEP THE DRINKS FLOWING RONNIE!

Alex
08-17-02 07:53 PM
Riffhard I'm certainly not a Ronnie basher and it was great to hear he was on top of his game last night.I am still holding out hope that Taylor joins the boys for a guest spot somewhere down the road though.It's looking more remote by the day though.

Anyone that would not like to watch the Stones with Taylor and Woodie on the same stage is fraking just plain nuts!!!!

Riffhard
08-17-02 08:04 PM
CousinCocaine "Anyone that would not like the Stones with Ronnie and Taylor on one stage must be completely nuts" . .

Absolutely right !!
08-17-02 10:05 PM
winter I agree, seeing Micky T doing a couple of tunes would be amazing, a treat for any stones fan. His contribution to Stones' history and his ability on the guitar is undeniable.

My only point is that it is good to hear that Ronnie is O.K. and playing well. There has been alot of rumors/criticism lately.

Long live the stones,

winter
08-18-02 08:45 AM
nankerphelge Yeah I agree, it would be great to have Ronnie back as a contributing musician. Read on one of the boards (Doug's) that he jumped onto a pedal at the end of Torn & Frayed -- the whole idea of Ronnie being able to handle that was encouraging. I shiver at the thought of Ronnie sitting down at a string instrument and having no more idea of what to do with it than I.

Here's an interesting observation -- during the 10 hour idiot-infested trip back last nite from the mountains, I played 4 cassettes of mixed Stones tapes I had made over the past decade that were discoverd buried amongst the shit in the arm rest of the family truckster. Of the four cassettes, only 2 songs were repeated the entire time! Midnite Rambler and Love in Vain. The rest was 4-5 hours of pure variety. 40 years is a great thing. When we got home, honorable daughter #2 put her Steel Wheels nitey on and went to bed knowing she was a better person for hearing so much good music!

08-18-02 01:22 PM
littleredrooster Hey Nanky!
Ronnie played a dynamite sit down steel pedal on 'You Got The Silver' during opening night No Security in Oakland '99.
Also played the pedal in 'Let It Bleed' in Mannheim '98 B2B Europe!

He KNOWS what to do with it, sitting down, and has done so in the past.
08-18-02 01:35 PM
nankerphelge Absolutely -- he also played a mean twangy-ass thang in Coreeennna (shudow meena natchal thang) in St. Looie on the PPV -- they turned it way way down in the NS release. (I haven't seen the DVD of St. Louie -- did they cut him out there too? A shame if they did.) Don't get me wrong, I'm all for him being present and accounted for!

I wonder what insurance premiums go for on guitarists for the Rolling Stones? One died. One left. One is trying valiantly to remain sober during a world tour just jam-packed with everyone having a fucking ball.

Hang on Ronnie, hang on man!

And Keith, the rock and roll version of the Energizer Bunny, carries on seemingly the winner of the You Can't Catch Me award. Why haven't you rehearsed that one Keithy? That would be a great tune for them to play!

08-18-02 05:58 PM
Cant Catch Me That's a good one, would be great to hear live!
08-18-02 06:15 PM
lonecrapshooter You're right Corinna was fantastic on St. Louis PPV as was Ronnie. Even Mick said "that was REALLY good at the end" It is NOT on the DVD unfortunately.
08-18-02 08:23 PM
nankerphelge That makes no sense -- why do that? That song came off so good, why cut out Ronnie when he did not only a good job, but gave it that great twang!? Nuthin' like great twang -- that's what I always say!

08-18-02 08:26 PM
Sir Stonesalot Great twang?

I thought Steve Earle said that....
08-18-02 09:19 PM
sammy davis jr. One show does not make Ronnie all a-ok. I'm as happy as anyone he played well at the club gig- I think Ron's great. But the truth is he was progressively shaky (no pun intented) in past tours, then checks himself into rehab. I hope he's seen the light that one doesn't need to be smashed to make great music. I'm sure schoolmaster Sir Mick will be there watching over him at every turn.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road