ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

St Jakob Stadion, Basel, Switzerland July 29, 1995
By Chief Moon!!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: tix in europe Return to archive
08-17-02 01:57 PM
Moonisup Does anyone have a hunch when the eurpean tickets will be sold?????
08-17-02 02:57 PM
stones09 I don't think the European tickets will go on sale until they have an official press conference announcing the dates. My guess is the beginning of February. That will give them 5 months of interest free loans of all of our money which is enough for my liking.
08-17-02 08:30 PM
Gazza The 1995 European tour was announced in late november 1994 and the tickets went on sale a few days later.

The 1998 tour announcement was also late November of the previous year.

The current US tour is due to end at the end of November,so maybe it'll be around that time again!!

They dont usually do a big press conference to announce the European tour..Mick did one in 1990 and the 1995 tour was actually announced at a press conference in Florida. it'll probably just be a press release again like in 98.
08-18-02 01:41 PM
scull Do you think that there will be any sort of pre-sale for
Europe, like the Fan Club in the US? Europeans couldn't buy
US tour tickets through the Fan Club, so maybe it will be
the other way round for Europe?

I'm just hoping that there's a London club-size show, and
that I can get in! It was frustrating getting as far as
the 'purchase tickets' page on the fan club site for Roseland
only to be told that non-US addresses could not be accepted.

I had to buy a tour package thing (from ETS) to be sure of
getting in for MSG. Can't wait!
08-18-02 02:58 PM
Gazza >Do you think that there will be any sort of pre-sale for
Europe, like the Fan Club in the US? Europeans couldn't buy
US tour tickets through the Fan Club, so maybe it will be
the other way round for Europe?

No..I doubt very much there'll be any pre-sale for Europe. The fan club is obviously geared towards North America, which was proven by their recent actions. The idea of having a fan club through the WORLD wide web and then limiting ticket pre-sales to residents of a couple of countries is an obscenity, especially when one realises how many non-Americans are coming to the US for the shows (myself included!). Its obviously a money-making scam anyway - I doubt it would work in Europe anyway.

>I'm just hoping that there's a London club-size show, and
that I can get in! It was frustrating getting as far as
the 'purchase tickets' page on the fan club site for Roseland
only to be told that non-US addresses could not be accepted.

Understand your point and agree 100%. I personally cant see the logic of many of the ticketmaster sales for US shows that limit purchases only to people in the immediate area either. Dont they realise fans travel to multiple shows? Tough shit if you live even in Wyoming for example! When the tour comes to europe,you'll pretty much be able to buy tickets no maytter where you live for the most part.

there WILL be a theatre show in London in the middle of the Earls Court run of concerts however.

>I had to buy a tour package thing (from ETS) to be sure of
getting in for MSG. Can't wait!

08-18-02 03:03 PM
glencar Well, the "fan Club" seems to have been a major rip-off here so maybe you Euros are luckier than you realize. So Gazza, any shows in Ireland?
08-18-02 03:14 PM
Gazza afraid not! We've got nice new indoor concert & sports arena here in Belfast too,which i'd kill to see the Stones play in!

the 2 new york shows i get to will be my 22nd and 23rd Stones show...only the first of that lot was in Ireland (1982)..every show since ive had to sail to or catch a plane to (or both..sometimes two planes..)

4 arena shows at earls Court in London,one london theatre show and one stadium show in Cardiff....unfortunately north of London gets pretty much overlooked again!
08-18-02 03:35 PM
glencar Which 2 NY shows? I'm going to Giants Stadium & considering getting ripped off for a Roseland ticky.
08-18-02 04:11 PM
scull Earl's Court should be a major gas, and a club show (Brixton ?, Shephards Bush ?)
in the middle of a four night run would be the icing on the cake. Living in London
does have it's compensations in terms of not having to travel too far to see most
acts, though being from 'up north' I'd love to see the Stones play Manchester or
Leeds again. Manchester has a shiny new stadium too.

Gazza -- sounds like the SPIV will be serious fun, but I'm a bit of a delicate flower
these days! My past has definately caught up with me!.
08-18-02 04:36 PM
Gazza >Which 2 NY shows? I'm going to Giants Stadium & considering getting ripped off for a Roseland ticky.

The two that most mere mortals had a cat in hell's chance of getting tickets for..ie MSG and Giants. I'll pass on paying a four figure sum for Roseland,thanks! Club shows are great but not worth paying THAT kind of money for, Im afraid!

I'll bank on getting lucky for a london club show next year like I did in 1999! Best tenner I ever spent!
08-18-02 05:34 PM
Scot Rocks It is rumoured now on IORR that Murrayfield in Edinburgh is a possiblity again, sure hope so anyway. Whatever I will be going, wherever the gig is, I really wanna see them outside the stadium as well. So looks as though as Earls court will be the only one, the club show, I don't know well I'll see. I am already planning this, I gave up a chance to go on holiday next year so there would be no doubt that I would see the Stones. What a summer next year!!!!!!

What about the chances of Glastanbury though Gazza? I can't really see it happnin' but it would be cool if it did.

Rock on!!!!!!

Only 10 months!!!!!...

Mark
08-18-02 07:12 PM
Gazza Slim going on none.

Glastonbury is at a fixed weekend at the end of June. The Stones provisional schedule has dates already for that weekend - Munich and another one,from memory
08-18-02 09:05 PM
Angiegirl 7 shows rumoured so far in Holland, and I live close to all 4 cities! It's good to be in this little country! Tix will go on sale in February here I think, always half a year in advance so far. My only doubt is about the clubshow(s) however, don't know why. Maybe they'll go on sale later?

BTW: MOJO Concerts (the organizer over here, part of ClearChannel Entertainment too) still reports in newspapers that it's not sure the Stones will visit Europe. Suckers. The direction of the Kurhaus theater in Scheveningen (where the fans wrecked the place during a show in August '64 and the show was stopped after a few songs) wants to ask the Stones to return to their venue next year to finish the show they started back then. So who knows the The Hague date will be another club show! Would be great to see them there (well, anywhere really).

All I know is that I have 6 months left to save and 1 year left to wait.
08-19-02 05:59 AM
Moonisup Right Angie, You'll probably live in the Ranstad, just like I do, 7 shows would be very nice, although they could pass the Arena imo, 4 times kuip is nicer!!
See you in Holland!
I think the clubgig in paradiso goes the same way as in 95, a few days b4.

rik
08-19-02 07:30 AM
F505 No Arena for me this time. The sound there is horrible. Let's indeed pray for a club gig: Kurhaus, Paradiso, Muziekcentrum Vredenburg... Who has connections with the people who run these places?
08-19-02 07:33 AM
Moonisup Well I haven't for one. Arena is indeed horrible, de kuip rules. De kuip is a longer travel for me, but hey it's the stones man! I live 25 km from Adam
08-19-02 06:48 PM
Gazza I was at the final two Voodoo Lounge shows at "De Kuip" (Feyenoord stadium in Rotterdam for those unfamiliar with the stadiums nickname) in 1995..best stadium crowd Ive ever witnessed. Every Stones fan should see them in the Netherlands at least once in their lifetime...!
08-20-02 04:48 AM
F505 Yeah Gazza, you're probably right. The best concerts in De Kuip though were in 1990 when the Stones opened their Urban Jungle-tour. The crowd went crazy after waiting for eight years. The three shows were sold out in less then two hours.
08-20-02 04:54 AM
Moonisup Gazza you're right, dutch are nuts

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road