ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

St Jakob Stadion, Basel, Switzerland July 29, 1995
By Chief Moon!!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Danko Jones Return to archive
08-17-02 12:53 AM
The Eggman I heard rumours that they opened for the boys tonight

Its funny because on Wednesday I just saw them perform at a club in Winnipeg.

Danko Jones is a Indie bluesy-rock band, that have hits in Canada and got them a record deal in America with their breakthrough album with a song called BOUNCE (very Stonesy and hard rocker) and recently CADILLAC and their newest THE SOUND OF LOVE

ALOT better them , the Ramones rip-off's THe Strokes

The lead singer has got this very Kiss-ish Jagger-ish personality, and for 5 bucks i saw them with, it wasnt bad!

CHECK EM' OUT!...(ask for the song BOUNCE)
08-18-02 05:24 PM
The Eggman 'Do you want to open for The Stones?'
Dream gig for Danko Jones
By KIERAN GRANT -- Toronto Sun
TORONTO -- Talk about a homecoming gig.

On Tuesday, Toronto band Danko Jones was looking forward to a homecooked meal and a bit of shut-eye as they were wrapping up a three-week Canadian tour in Northern Ontario.

Then they found out they'd be opening for The Rolling Stones last night at Palais Royale.

"We got a call saying, 'Don't tell anyone, but do you want to open for The Stones?' " Danko Jones bassist and manager John Calabrese told The Toronto Sun late yesterday afternoon by phone, following the band's soundcheck at the Palais.

"We were ... pretty excited. But we had to keep quiet."

Danko Jones, a lean garage punk 'n' blues-rock trio led by the motor-mouthed singer of the same name, rose out of Toronto's indie scene in 1996 to prompt acclaim. But heavy European touring has seen to it that the band has garnered its biggest success in Scandinavia in the past year.

Their latest album, Born A Lion, was released last month by Universal in Canada.

Calabrese said Danko Jones fulfilled a commitment to play a show in North Bay Thursday night before heading straight home overnight for The Stones throwdown yesterday.

The invitation to play the gig came from a Clear Channel Entertainment executive, though the bassist said he hopes there was some input from The Stones.

'IT'S FOR US'

"A friend of ours was at Mick Jagger's birthday party in July and gave him our CD, so it'd be nice to think he heard it," he said with a laugh. "Anyway, maybe he'll listen to it after tonight!"

The Danko trio, which also includes drummer Damon Richardson, was allowed one guest each at last night's show: Calabrese brought his dad, who was at The Stones' famous El Mocambo gig in 1977. Singer Jones' father actually declined the invite.

"He said he didn't want to stay to see The Stones," Calabrese said, laughing.

Danko Jones took the stage at 8:30 p.m. for a 40-minute set. "We don't really know what's going on afterward," he added. "We're going to hang out and be really nice, play our show, and get our equipment off the stage as quickly as possible.

"Of course there'll be a Stones after-party, but they're not going to be be at that. It's for us!" (More on Danko Jones and The Rolling Stones)
08-19-02 12:53 AM
The Eggman COME ON....FEEDBACK!
08-19-02 02:30 AM
cheesecake i thought they were really good... we listen to the album at work, and i liked it a lot, but it's nothing compared to them live... they were really fun. i was so excited i thought i was gonna throw up though, so it's a kind of biased review.
08-19-02 03:48 AM
The Eggman Oh ya, its a real fun band

They deserve alot more credit
08-19-02 12:20 PM
Stonesdoug I thought they put on a great show---they were so stoked to be opening for the Stones. I would rather see them again than a lot of the other opening bands. The band consits of three guy all wearing black, the two guitarists with shaved heads.
08-19-02 03:11 PM
The Eggman Ya...

I saw them for 5 bucks...blew me away
08-19-02 03:14 PM
Joey 'Ya...

I saw them for 5 bucks...blew me away '

Eggy ................Is that you ????

Welcome home ...........this board has been missing you and your quality minty fresh posts .

Joey

08-19-02 03:20 PM
The Eggman Umm...looking back on what i said

I saw them for 5 bucks...blew me away

let me fill in the gaps or the obivoius

I saw (Danko Jones) for (a ticket price of) 5 bucks...(They played so good, they) blew me away

There we go, my innocence is restored!

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road