ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

With Bachir Attar, 1989
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]
Support these stations! Click and check

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: TOUR! Return to archive
07-26-01 04:22 PM
gimmeshelter27 Since when did the Stones worry about the state of the concert business? In 89 no one was going to stadiums until they reinvented the artform.Course they'll tour and this is just part of the pre-hype that goes on.If ticket sales are off (and I doubt they will be) they'll just add a bigger name opener like Pearl Jam etc.Or then again with the rumored 3 stages and all that pyro there might be only 35,000 seats available anyway.I've been a fan since '62 and I say this WON'T BE THE LAST TIME!!!
07-26-01 07:42 PM
T&A I say this WON'T BE THE LAST TIME!!!
[/quote]

You got that right. Mick's the businessman...and I wouldn't be surprised if he himself is the source of this recent "hysteria". Great for business. There's not a chance of them not touring next year--health permitting, of course. By this time next year we will be speculating on setlists (well, I guess that started right after the last tour ended!). But, as a follower of the Stones for almost 30 years, it's with a lot of confidence that I predict the tour opens in September 2002 and continues on well into 2003, if not beyond that. The Stones are the Stones--they determine the music industry trends---not vice-versa.
07-26-01 08:05 PM
Jaxx >>Since when did the Stones worry about the state of the concert business?

i don't know if you've been following this conversation in the 2 other threads on this topic, but its not the STONES saying they are worried about the state of the concert biz, its their tour managers. see the thread entitled, "BAD NEWS...." down the page a bit. the quote is, "Now tour managers are advising that it be put off until 2003 or cancelled."

it is the Stones' TOUR MANAGERS listening to some wacked out concert industry analysts.

if you read my post today under "More Tour BooHA...." Neil Travis states he was phoned by Stones PR yesterday after they read his column yesterday, (the post that starts that "More Tour BooHa" thread)and told him he was NUTS if he thought the Stones couldn't sell out.

IMO you can't compare the stones to these pseudo rock stars, one hit wonder, flashinthepans. the band is still together (minus bill of course ) and the fan base is gigantic on an international level. just do an internet search on the rolling stones and the number of message boards and fan pages is mind boggling.

also, they are obviously hip to the fact that they need a mainstream warm up band to attract the younger audiences. they've been going that route last few tours. most of the geriatric rockers these days do....its smart marketing.

IMO, this is just pretour hype at its most ridiculous.
07-26-01 09:22 PM
The Eggman Apparently, younger people like The Doors, Hendrix, ext.
Because of their image, into drugs and sex, drugs and rock androll stuff

If the Stones can tap into that again by reflecting upon it then younger people will realize that this is really "cool"

They did a good job with the Dvd realease of GIMME SHELTER, simply increible!!!!!!

Thus, Sold-Out Concerts will be a piece of cake

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board.
The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.