ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Twickenham Rugby Ground, London 20th August
© REUTERS/Leon Neal (BRITAIN)
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Willie Nelson Teams With Ryan Adams For New CD (nsc) Return to archive
16th August 2006 08:26 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle From Billboard.com:
73 year-old music icon Willie Nelson collaborates with 31 year-old singer/songwriter Ryan Adams on his new album, "Songbird." Due Oct. 31 via Lost Highway, the 11-track set was produced by Adams, whose band the Cardinals back Nelson throughout. Veteran harmonica player Mickey Raphael also appears.

The track list features covers of Gram Parsons' "$1000 Wedding," Christine McVie's "Songbird," the Jerry Garcia/Robert Hunter favorite "Stella Blue" and Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah."

In addition, Nelson reworks his own "Rainy Day Blues" (which opens the album), "Sad Songs & Waltzes" and "We Don't Run," as well as tackling the traditional "Amazing Grace."

Nelson is in the midst of a tour with John Fogerty and also has headlining dates on tap through a Sept. 15 appearance at the Austin City Limits festival. On Sept. 30 he will join Neil Young, John Mellencamp, Dave Matthews and Jerry Lee Lewis for Farm Aid in Camden, NJ.

The complete track list:
"Rainy Day Blues"
"Songbird"
"Blue Hotel"
"Back to Earth"
"Stella Blue"
"Hallelujah"
"$1000 Wedding"
'We Don't Run"
"Yours Love"
"Sad Songs & Waltzes"
"Amazing Grace"
17th August 2006 09:31 AM
Sir Stonesalot I'd go to Farm Aid if it wasn't at the fucking Tweeter Center.

I will never EVER go to another show at that fucking place....not even for The Stones. Not even if Lennon and Harrison arose from the dead and the Beatles reunited for a single show there.

Never. Fucking concert nazis...
17th August 2006 11:14 AM
PartyDoll MEG Thanks for the info, Left Shoe Shuffle...Sounds like a must have CD to me!
17th August 2006 11:18 AM
winter
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Fucking concert nazis...

Funny, my friends and I call the Tweeter Center here in Massachusetts, the "Nazi Center" - at least they are consistent at their venues . . .
17th August 2006 11:43 AM
Saint Sway regardless of the venue... Dave Mathews & John Mellencamp are reason alone for me to not want to see Farm Aid.
17th August 2006 03:00 PM
Sir Stonesalot Yeah Sway...but Willie and Neil trump that shit big time.

Not enuff to get me to go back to that fucking Tweeter Center place however...
17th August 2006 03:02 PM
pdog
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I'd go to Farm Aid if it wasn't at the fucking Tweeter Center.

I will never EVER go to another show at that fucking place....not even for The Stones. Not even if Lennon and Harrison arose from the dead and the Beatles reunited for a single show there.

Never. Fucking concert nazis...

What's the deal with that place?
17th August 2006 03:04 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Yeah Sway...but Willie and Neil trump that shit big time.

Not enuff to get me to go back to that fucking Tweeter Center place however...

true. You'd be hard pressed to find anyone cooler than Willie or Neil. But I have seen and will see both of them again doing full sets hopefully later this year.

theres no way I could sit thru Mellencamp or DMB. If I left my seat while they were on and the beer lines were down I might go postal.
17th August 2006 03:26 PM
Sir Stonesalot What's wrong with it?

An easier question is what ISN'T wrong with it!

Man, I think that they have more sexually frustrated frat boy security guards there than actual paying customers! I have seen them tell people to sit down! SIT DOWN at a WHITE STRIPES show!!! Can you imagine?? If they saw a flash, there would be a swarm of the pricks disrupting everyone, getting in the way, until they found the offending party...and then they threw the lawbreaker out! No warning or anything...they tossed them AND took the camera!!

I saw a couple ask a security guy where they could go to smoke...he pointed them to an exit. But he failed to tell them that if they went out that exit they couldn't get back in!!! And he thought it was funny...he was laughing as they walked away!! I caught them just as they were going out the door and told them how to get outside to smoke and still come back inside.

I went to see the Pixies there, and I thought they were gonna strip search me. They had me up against the wall, the whole nine. Dude not only grabbed my unit, but he smacked my ball bag just to be a prick.

It's fuckin' stormtrooper mentality!

I paid $4.00 for a cup of coffee...and I got one of those little styrofoam Dixie cups that was only half full of brown water. When I asked that they fill up the cup, the chick sneered at me and said, "I'll have to charge you for another one...". I mean, who needs that shit? You know?
Everyone just treats you like shit. And I don't dig it.
17th August 2006 03:32 PM
Fiji Joe That's very similar to the experience I had at a Maximum Overdrive convention I went to once
17th August 2006 09:09 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Yeah Sway...but Willie and Neil trump that shit big time.

Agree.
Plus The Killer hisself will be there this year.

And so will I...

Not the biggest fan of the Tweeter Center - after all, it is in Camden - but I can say that I haven't had experiences as bad as yours either.
That kind of botheration would sour anybody.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)