ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Twickenham Rugby Ground, London 20th August
© REUTERS/Leon Neal (BRITAIN)
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I Loved This Opening Video Return to archive Page: 1 2
16th August 2006 01:17 PM
Gimme Shelter http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEpHdKmGsHs
16th August 2006 01:19 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Gimme Shelter wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEpHdKmGsHs

It was their best ever!
16th August 2006 01:21 PM
glencar Yes, I loved it. Then some political hack used it at a convention & tried to glom some glory for himself...
16th August 2006 01:21 PM
Gimme Shelter I wish they would put out an official DVD of the No Security shows and start it out with that video.
16th August 2006 01:23 PM
glencar On that same page of the video you posted, there's a video of them doing Lil Queenie in Chicago. Very nice!
16th August 2006 01:24 PM
glencar Oh here it is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj9CXwQ-v9c&mode=related&search=
16th August 2006 01:24 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Gimme Shelter wrote:
I wish they would put out an official DVD of the No Security shows and start it out with that video.

While the setlists were great, Ronnie was not in top form and was not very healthy during that tour and is absent for the better part of the recordings. It is still one of my favorite tours as it was the first tour I was able to start traveling to shows (i Was 22 then)
16th August 2006 01:28 PM
Saint Sway that was the coolest shit they've done in the past 2 decades.

the whole tour was great. The concept. The songs they played. And that intro crushes all!!!

they NEED to come back to the States with a similiarly inspired new show the way they did for No Security after Bridges

they have it in them to do it and blow us away. They just need to turn off the auto pilot switch and get inspired...
16th August 2006 01:36 PM
glencar I agree with you but still hate you anyway.
16th August 2006 02:11 PM
Gimme Shelter I think Mick was really pised off at that time because he and Jerry were breaking up. I think that led to him being more motivated to concentrate on work.
16th August 2006 02:32 PM
glencar I'm not sure if his personal life ever affects his work all that much.
16th August 2006 03:00 PM
lotsajizz all in the same show that tour I saw Moonlight Mile, Route 66, and Get Off Of My Cloud, and my favorite Midnight Rambler...I wish they'd do sets more like that now!!
16th August 2006 03:07 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
I'm not sure if his personal life ever affects his work all that much.

Agreed..he and the band are on auto-pilot for every fucking show they have done since 89....the music has little importance..it';s a big wallof sound and Mick does not try hard at all....(see L&G and compare)
16th August 2006 03:08 PM
winter
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
all in the same show that tour I saw Moonlight Mile, Route 66, and Get Off Of My Cloud, and my favorite Midnight Rambler...I wish they'd do sets more like that now!!

Agreed. Ronnie may have been playing like shit, but it was hands down my favorite tour. I got goose bumps like no other time during the intro. - BTW - you can also add Some Girls to the list. FANTASTIC!

wintah
16th August 2006 03:10 PM
jb
quote:
winter wrote:

Agreed. Ronnie may have been playing like shit, but it was hands down my favorite tour. I got goose bumps like no other time during the intro. - BTW - you can also add Some Girls to the list. FANTASTIC!

wintah

Boston is still incredibly fucking wide open.....this is a huge embarrassment for anyone in that area.
16th August 2006 03:13 PM
RollingstonesUSA Yes! Their greatest intro ever! They need to bring Some Girls back!
16th August 2006 03:19 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
winter wrote:

wintah

yup, second show at the Fleet Center (I think it was then) back in 1999--March I think

16th August 2006 03:20 PM
jb Wasn't Ronnie embalmed this tour?
16th August 2006 04:25 PM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:

Agreed..he and the band are on auto-pilot for every fucking show they have done since 89....the music has little importance..it';s a big wallof sound and Mick does not try hard at all....(see L&G and compare)

No, on this you're wrong. Mick is THE show right now.
16th August 2006 05:06 PM
mrhipfl yup, I think Mick is the one of the four that is trying the hardest.
16th August 2006 06:08 PM
winter
quote:
jb wrote:

Boston is still incredibly fucking wide open.....this is a huge embarrassment for anyone in that area.

Living in Boca is a huge embarrassment for anyone living in Boca.
16th August 2006 07:39 PM
kath oh my gawd!!! i LOVED that opening...i had goosebumps!!! absolutely the best EVER!!!

thank you!!
16th August 2006 07:44 PM
Gazza
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
all in the same show that tour I saw Moonlight Mile, Route 66, and Get Off Of My Cloud, and my favorite Midnight Rambler...I wish they'd do sets more like that now!!

Indeed. Yet they reason they dont is because all of a sudden they reckon their audience wouldnt have a clue what some of those songs were. Bizarre revisionism to say the least
16th August 2006 07:45 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:
Wasn't Ronnie embalmed this tour?

before, during and quite probably after.
16th August 2006 08:27 PM
winter
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

yup, second show at the Fleet Center (I think it was then) back in 1999--March I think

Set lists for the two beantown shows - changes for the second night are noted after the dash

Jumping Jack Flash
Bitch - Live with Me
You Got Me Rockin'
Respectable
Honky Tonk Women
Memory Motel - Moonlight Mile
Saint of Me
Some Girls
Paint it Black
You Got the Silver - Thief in the Night
Before They Make Me Run - You Don't Have to Mean it
Out of Control
When the Whip Comes Down - Get Off My Cloud (b stage)
Route 66 (b stage)
Midnight Rambler (b stage)
Tumbling Dice
IORR
Start Me Up
Brown Sugar
Sympathy for the Devil

Great Frickin' Shows

wintah
[Edited by winter]
[Edited by winter]
16th August 2006 08:35 PM
chevysales bad ass it was...

the explosion for B2B was nice and how can you not like keiths coat.
[Edited by chevysales]
16th August 2006 09:57 PM
Soldatti The boots from this tour are awesome.
16th August 2006 11:59 PM
Bruno
quote:
winter wrote:

Set lists for the two beantown shows - changes for the second night are noted after the dash

Jumping Jack Flash
Bitch - Live with Me
You Got Me Rockin'
Respectable
Honky Tonk Women
Memory Motel - Moonlight Mile
Saint of Me
Some Girls
Paint it Black
You Got the Silver - Thief in the Night
Before They Make Me Run - You Don't Have to Mean it
Out of Control
When the Whip Comes Down - Get Off My Cloud (b stage)
Route 66 (b stage)
Midnight Rambler (b stage)
Tumbling Dice
IORR
Start Me Up
Brown Sugar
Sympathy for the Devil

Great Frickin' Shows

I would never know that they did You Got The Silver once!

And Rambler in b stage, that must be very very cool to hear and see!
17th August 2006 10:42 AM
Saint Sway those sets really had a nice balance of war horses and cool nuggets. Some of my all-time favorite songs tackled in that set. The sets today are too 40 Licks heavy.

does any know if a youtube video exists of:
the intro AND then them hitting the stage w/JJF??
17th August 2006 12:23 PM
BILL PERKS I HAVE A GREAT INTERVIEW SHOW WITH THE BAND FROM 1999 IN CHICAGO AND WOODY IS IN TERRIBLE SHAPE(HANDS TWITCHING)AND KEITH REFERS TO THE FACT THAT HE'S WEARING WOODY OUT.BEST INTERVIEW SHOW ON THE BAND I'VE EVR SEEN
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)