ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Twickenham Rugby Ground, London 20th August
© REUTERS/Leon Neal (BRITAIN)
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Calling all Fans Under 18! Return to archive
14th August 2006 01:19 PM
erbissell I was just curious how many rocks off members are under 18. If you are a youth stones fan please post your name and story here.
14th August 2006 01:25 PM
pdog This is very creepy, in a Pete Townsend type of way...
14th August 2006 01:26 PM
Saint Sway so "erbissell" is Pete Townsend's handle?

shouldnt this stuff be conducted on myspace??
[Edited by Saint Sway]
14th August 2006 02:28 PM
RollingstonesUSA I'm 4....hehehehe
14th August 2006 02:53 PM
Some Guy They are all at www.U2.com
14th August 2006 02:54 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
They are all at www.U2.com

remember to wear a U2 tee and bring plenty of beer money!
14th August 2006 02:55 PM
RollingstonesUSA
14th August 2006 03:07 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

remember to wear a U2 tee and bring plenty of beer money!

May you be invaded by the Roth Army and forced to surrender.
16th August 2006 12:37 PM
erbissell You have all now succeded in throwing me into a state of depression, anxiety, etc. I might even go bipolar.

I actually just made this thread to try to make a point to somebody. But apparently you all ummm, kinda wrecked that.

Oh well. Have fun destroying my reputation!

And I hate myspace.com by the way, and hilary duff is a wannabee slut.

16th August 2006 12:38 PM
erbissell I absolutely hate U2. BONO friggin dances with men. W
16th August 2006 12:40 PM
Honky Tonk Man I was 18 when I registered here, but er, now I'm almost 23!
16th August 2006 12:42 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
erbissell wrote:
And I hate myspace.com by the way, and hilary duff is a wannabee slut.

she is no wannabee slut! She is the real deal! A total coke whore!

my buddy did a photo shoot with her.... she likes the whitey... shes far from the innocent image she tries to project. In 5 years she's gonna look like shes 40.
16th August 2006 12:46 PM
Joey
quote:
erbissell wrote:
I was just curious how many rocks off members are under 18. If you are a youth stones fan please post your name and story here.

...and if you live in the United States -- get ready for the Draft ( after the election , of course ) !!!!!!

Shiver .............................
16th August 2006 12:50 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
erbissell wrote:
I absolutely hate U2. BONO friggin dances with men. W

Better stay away from that Jagger/Bowie "Dancing in the Streets" video, then.
16th August 2006 03:15 PM
mrhipfl You're not alone Evan! I'm 17.
16th August 2006 06:20 PM
Reptile I'm 14.
16th August 2006 07:38 PM
texile what was it that got you younger guys into the stones?
just curious - i was 13 when some girls came out and can't imagine being inspired by bridges to babylon or anything in the last 25 years but i gues that just mes me an old fart.
seriously, i think its comforting when kids discover the stones at this late stage in the game....
16th August 2006 07:47 PM
Reptile Well, most of the time it's parents, in this case my dad, a Stones fan. I guess I have a really different view on things. My favorite record is Still Life, for example, and I wouldn't put Exile On Mainstreet on very quickly.
16th August 2006 08:03 PM
mrhipfl What ogt me into the stones? Sympathy for the devil. Even though most people on this board heard these songs a million times before for years, they were new to me when I heard them 3 years ago. I got inspired by let it bleed in 2003 the way you older guys got inspired by it in 1969. The songs are timeless.
16th August 2006 08:07 PM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
What ogt me into the stones? Sympathy for the devil. Even though most people on this board heard these songs a million times before for years, they were new to me when I heard them 3 years ago. I got inspired by let it bleed in 2003 the way you older guys got inspired by it in 1969. The songs are timeless.

Excellent post! She's So Cold did it for me in 1981!
16th August 2006 08:28 PM
straycatblues I'm seventeen.
I got into the Stones after my parents went to both San Jose shows in '99. Soon thereafter, my dad bought 'Ya Ya's' on CD. First time i heard sympathy For the Devil with Richard and Taylor busting out the amazing solos, it blew me away. i had never heard such a powerful song before. Next albums i got were Let it bleed and Beggars Banquet, and BB remains my favorite Stones album (Exile and Sticky Fingers tied for a close second). However, my favorite period of the Stones is 64-67. i just love the early sound and the psychadelic stuff.
I attended my first show at denver in 2005, and am looking to go to the show in el paso in october!!!
16th August 2006 09:53 PM
mrhipfl the live version of sympathy was the one that caught my ear too. I'm in the process of learning the two solos. I perfected Keith's but Mick's is rather challenging. He's so fuckin fast, but still clean.
16th August 2006 10:03 PM
Prodigal Son
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
I was 18 when I registered here, but er, now I'm almost 23!

I was 16 and now I'm 20 (21 in two months). So I know what it's like to be a "young'un" around here.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)