ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Twickenham Rugby Ground, London 20th August
© REUTERS/Leon Neal (BRITAIN)
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I did give up smoking... Return to archive Page: 1 2
14th August 2006 05:02 PM
Gazza
quote:
jostorm wrote:
I did think you took rather long in the shower in Berlin.....

LOL. If it makes you feel more at ease, I actually 'abstained'.....
14th August 2006 05:09 PM
jostorm That's no achievement, Joey, everyone does.......

Pictures...suddenly flowing into my mind....a dark car parked somewhere in Omaha.....possibly in the carpark of the Qwest Centre..... only a white circle of light, dancing frantically up and down in the cabin...illuminating faintly the windscreen....showing the outlines of a "Pukey Hilton" poster.... advertising her still wide open concert tour...

on second thoughts, Joey, it is an achievement...
14th August 2006 05:11 PM
Joey
quote:
jostorm wrote:
That's no achievement, Joey, everyone does.......

Pictures...suddenly flowing into my mind....a dark car parked somewhere in Omaha.....possibly in the carpark of the Qwest Centre..... only a white circle of light, dancing frantically up and down in the cabin...illuminating faintly the windscreen....showing the outlines of a "Pukey Hilton" poster.... advertising her still wide open concert tour...

on second thoughts, Joey, it is an achievement...

That's what my little friends and myself running around the Plains of Nebraska with knickers on and stick ball bats in our hands used to call "Postin'!"

You're POSTIN' baby!

The Joey - As seen on the reality show "That's Postin'!", 10:00 PM CDT Sundays.

14th August 2006 08:27 PM
Kilroy
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:
Thanks for the support guys!! I will succeed this time for sure!

Drink lots and lots of water, and get some mints and gum. I'm fightin it every day.
Good Luck You can do it.
[Edited by Kilroy]
[Edited by Kilroy]
14th August 2006 09:34 PM
MrPleasant Today I masturbated six times.
14th August 2006 09:37 PM
sirmoonie Its easy to quit drinking. I've done it like a dozen times.
14th August 2006 09:43 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Its easy to quit drinking. I've done it like a dozen times.

That's why I'm masturbating like crazy. Not now, of course. Right now I'm eating my vegetables and my diet pepsi.
15th August 2006 05:18 AM
jostorm Seems another thread has been hijacked by wankers....
(what's new??? :cool

Dead Flowers: the idea of calculating how much money you are saving and immediately rewarding yourself is brilliant!!! But I have to say that the "normality" with which you tell someone to go and swallow antidepressants strikes me as very odd, I feel strongly that a drug like that would mess with my liver, have unknown side effects and simply make me think "well, am I a woman or a mouse???", I have more faith in my determination and willpower than that....And not just because there's a pill for it is it a brilliant idea to swallow one, at least that's my attitude to drugs that mess with your mind (that you cannot smoke)....
15th August 2006 05:19 AM
jostorm Sorry, I missed that one, Gazza...
I state publicly the following : I was and continue being perfectly at ease!
15th August 2006 05:25 AM
Gazza Now she tells me....
15th August 2006 05:27 AM
Gazza
quote:
jostorm wrote:
the idea of calculating how much money you are saving and immediately rewarding yourself is brilliant!!!

Thats how I'm trying to justify cutting down on Stones shows!
15th August 2006 05:32 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Smoking to me is like breatheing....at two packs a day I breathe alotta smoke. I make a monthly pilgrimage to New Hampshire to stock up, they're roughly $2.00 a pack cheaper.
15th August 2006 12:59 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat Ok, day 2. And it's going very well!
16th August 2006 03:48 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat Day 3, and doing even better!

(Don't worry, I won't keep reporting for the rest of my life )
16th August 2006 07:01 AM
jostorm WELL DONE, keep it up....
And remember, by day 4500 you will have saved at least the 5000 Euros required to pay for yet another Stones show with the exactly same setlist.....and if that's not a goal, I don't know what is....
16th August 2006 01:20 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat Thanks hehehe. Drinking a lot of water and eating a lot of fruit.
16th August 2006 04:02 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat Difficult times hehehe. But still going strong !
17th August 2006 01:00 PM
Madafaka It's possible! 2 years and 1/2 without smoking. The worst part is when you got a beer in the left and the right hand hasn't a Lucky Strike.
Good luck!
17th August 2006 01:23 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
The worst part is when you got a beer in the left and the right hand hasn't a Lucky Strike.
Good luck!

Agreed. I can imagine that that'd be the hardest thing to cope with at first. I just don't think I know how to enjoy a pint without a cigarette. Smoking will be banned in all pubs/bars, restaurants and work places from next summer, so it's something that every smoker here in England is going to have to get used to. More drinking at home for me I think!
17th August 2006 01:24 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
It's possible! 2 years and 1/2 without smoking. The worst part is when you got a beer in the left and the right hand hasn't a Lucky Strike.
Good luck!

Thanks! This is day 4 and still going strong!
17th August 2006 01:26 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

Thanks! This is day 4 and still going strong!

go for a run, see how you feel, continue running and you will never even think about smoking again.
17th August 2006 01:54 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

go for a run, see how you feel, continue running and you will never even think about smoking again.

Well, let's take it one step at a time shall we?
17th August 2006 01:56 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

Well, let's take it one step at a time shall we?

We must press forward, we must not fail, we must kick it up a notch... ok one step at a time, good call.
17th August 2006 02:06 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

We must press forward, we must not fail, we must kick it up a notch... ok one step at a time, good call.

We shall not fail! Do I miss it? Yeah, sure I do. But I can smell again! I also changed my diet. Much more vegetables and huge amounts of fruit.
17th August 2006 02:07 PM
Some Guy You da man!
17th August 2006 03:07 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
You da man!

ROFL! Just trying my friend.
17th August 2006 03:31 PM
Jair YES! dont give up, my friend. If that helps, I'm quit almost six yrs ago!

Hey, I made, you can made it too!!!
17th August 2006 03:48 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Jair wrote:
YES! dont give up, my friend. If that helps, I'm quit almost six yrs ago!

Hey, I made, you can made it too!!!

Thanks mate!
17th August 2006 04:58 PM
PartyDoll MEG One more day under your belt. I trust you will still be smoke free on my return from London!!!! Keep up the good work
17th August 2006 09:39 PM
Jair Now that you are practically free from the cigarettes, remember of being far away from other nasty & dangerous habits, like wives, that, btw, can be more dangerous

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)